Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1915328 - 04/17/14 05:17 PM MasterCard Zero Liability
BearfootContessa Offline
New Poster
BearfootContessa
I'm struggling with trying to figure this one out.

If a customer recognizes their debit card is lost on a Monday, at what point does Zero Liability expire? Would it be after 48 hours, similar to the Reg E reporting timeframes for $50, $500, etc. liabilities? Or can they report a card lost/stolen at any time afterward?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1915385 - 04/17/14 06:12 PM Re: MasterCard Zero Liability BearfootContessa
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
MasterCard is silent on timeframes for Zero Liability. See Related thread on MasterCard Rules.

Return to Top
#1916345 - 04/21/14 11:27 PM Re: MasterCard Zero Liability BearfootContessa
husker14 Offline
I have a MasterCard rules question not related to the previous posts. We have some businesses that have been issued a regular debit card. We do not provide a reg E disclosure to these customers. However my question is; are the cards covered by MasterCard zero liability rules or do they have to be in a separate bin as a business debit card??

Return to Top
#1916346 - 04/22/14 02:16 AM Re: MasterCard Zero Liability BearfootContessa
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Business cardholders are not covered by Reg E. MasterCard rules do require that they have their own BIN License as the interchange income for business debit cards is different from personal.

Either way, Zero Liability does cover business debit cards for small businesses (which MasterCard defines as any business with less than $10 Million in revenue.)

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett