Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#19164 - 05/31/02 08:36 PM E-statements required for employees?
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
IT Dept. is working with marketing to roll out deposit statements via e-mail. One successful way to introduce other products is to offer the new product to the employees - once they try it, they tend to love it, and can do a better job at selling it.

Management is taking this concept to the next level - rather than just making it available to employees, they're considering requiring it. So any employee with a deposit account would only be able to receive a statement via e-mail.

I have some ideas about why to avoid this - I'm looking for actual prohibitions (like "it's against this specific law") and any opinions you might have before I respond to the powers that be. Thanks in advance -

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#19165 - 06/01/02 12:35 AM Re: E-statements required for employees?
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
E-delivery of disclosures requires the consumer's consent in the ESIGN-approved manner. How are you going to secure the message contents?

Return to Top
#19166 - 06/03/02 03:24 AM Re: E-statements required for employees?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
How about some specific E-Sign requirements. This is 101(c)(1)(A)the consumer has affirmatively consented to such
use and has not withdrawn such consent;

(B) the consumer, prior to consenting, is provided with a clear and conspicuous statement—
(i) informing the consumer of (I) any right or option of the consumer to have the record provided or made available on paper or in nonelectronic form, and (II) the right of the consumer to withdraw the consent to have the record provided or made available in an electronic form and of any conditions, consequences (which may include termination of the parties’ relation-ship), or fees in the event of such withdrawal;
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z