Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1916590 - 04/22/14 08:10 PM FinCEN CTR Pamphlet
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
I seem to recall some discussion about FinCEN actually printing the current PDFs in pamphlet form. Does any one know if FinCEN actually followed through on this? I did some Google searches and nothing popped up.

The PDF version isn't really presentable and I was hoping there was something more professional out there?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1916628 - 04/22/14 09:09 PM Re: FinCEN CTR Pamphlet ACBbank
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
I don't think there is any prohibition from having it printed based upon their PDF so it is more presentable but we provide the PDF as is. Can't say if anyone ever reads it however.

Return to Top
#1916644 - 04/22/14 10:03 PM Re: FinCEN CTR Pamphlet ACBbank
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
FinCEN does not print the pamphlet. There is a commercial product called Facts You Should Know...that actually predates the FinCEN offering by several years.

I've always thought the pamphlet looked fine, but some criticize it as looking like it came from the government. Frankly, I see that as a positive... wink I sent the link to Kinkos the day it was published and they had 400 copies of a size to fit in a #10 envelope ready for me the next morning.

Return to Top
#1916677 - 04/23/14 01:06 PM Re: FinCEN CTR Pamphlet ACBbank
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
I'm fine with how the actual pamphlet looks, but I was hoping to order something more like a combined account disclosure that could be handed out.

That's a good idea Ken. I'll be making a call to Kinko's.

Thank you both for chiming in.

Return to Top
#1916874 - 04/23/14 05:53 PM Re: FinCEN CTR Pamphlet ACBbank
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Opinion only: Delivering the FinCEN pamphlet ought to be a significant event. If you're delivering it, you probably want the customer to read it, and it's often handed out by tellers in some banks when a customer balks at a CTR or starts down the slippery slope to structuring, along with a "Here's some information we think you might find [interesting/helpful/makes you wake up and smell the coffee], Mr. Jones."

That's why I'd prefer to have it available to drop into a letter or hand out on demand, rather than blend it into a combined disclosure, which tends to diminish its significance. Besides, it's not a disclosure, and I wouldn't want it confused with a disclosure.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1917529 - 04/25/14 01:22 PM Re: FinCEN CTR Pamphlet ACBbank
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: ACBbank
I seem to recall some discussion about FinCEN actually printing the current PDFs in pamphlet form. Does any one know if FinCEN actually followed through on this? I did some Google searches and nothing popped up.

The PDF version isn't really presentable and I was hoping there was something more professional out there?

ACB - you can order the FinCEN "Notice to Customers" handout in pamphlet form directly from NABS (National Association of Bank Security).

Return to Top
#1917547 - 04/25/14 01:37 PM Re: FinCEN CTR Pamphlet ACBbank
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Thanks Cape and everyone else who chimed in.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z