Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1917991 - 04/28/14 02:10 PM Corporate Accounts
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
New Corporate account with two signers - the owner and one employee.

I would have only the owner sign the signature card. On the corporate resolution I would have the employee sign indicating what rights they have (sign checks/deposits) and then have the owner sign validating the resolution.
My co-worker would have both sign the signature card. Only the owner would sign the resolution and validate the resolution.

Which is correct way to open a corporate account. We are a small rural farming community bank so corporate accounts are far and few between. I have an IL deposit documentation book from a past seminar but it really doesn't tell you who signs what.

Thank you!
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top
#1918709 - 04/30/14 12:57 PM Re: Corporate Accounts GrannieTwo
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
Hello.....is anyone out there?
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top
#1919479 - 05/01/14 08:09 PM Re: Corporate Accounts GrannieTwo
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Sorry, Granny, I was out back. Sometimes you have to ring the bell a couple times.

Everyone signs everything.

The corporate resolution should say the board of directors met on this date and authorized the following individuals to: and then list what they are authorized to do - sign checks, etc.

Each authorized person should sign next to his or her name. Then the corporate secretary signs at the bottom.

Then each authorized signer should sign your signature card, as this is the document you will use internally to verify their signatures.

I'll just throw in that on corporate accounts, we don't allow authorized signers to have all the powers that corporate officers, who are usually also owner, have. For example, if an employee is an authorized signer, we'll let them sign checks, but not make changes, like address changes, to the account, to avoid embezzlement.

Return to Top