Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#191903 - 05/19/04 03:39 PM credit analyst position, requirements
okstgrad Offline
Do banks generally use the credit analyst position to train qualified people for management positions in their bank? Also what are generally the qualifications for such a position? thanks

Return to Top
Human Resources
#191904 - 05/19/04 04:25 PM Re: credit analyst position, requirements
EdOils Offline
Platinum Poster
EdOils
Louisiana
A Credit Analyst usually develops into a lender, but not always. Depends on the bank and the person's abilities. Minimum qualifications would be a degree in Accounting or Finance. Again it really depends on what the bank is looking for.

Return to Top
#191905 - 05/19/04 06:29 PM Re: credit analyst position, requirements
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

Depends on the bank and the person's abilities. Minimum qualifications would be a degree in Accounting or Finance.

How about "Or related work experience" as well. I don't have either of those degrees and I was one heck of a credit analyst and a better commercial lender

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#191906 - 05/19/04 06:54 PM Re: credit analyst position, requirements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our bank separates loan production and credit risk. Our credit analysts are on the credit risk side and are considered an integral part of the underwriting policy. If they don't like the deal, they have the ability to "kill" it before it goes to credit committee. Our credit analysts are groomed to move up on the credit risk ladder and could ultimately become credit administrators, as opposed to venturing over to the loan production side. Each one has a background in finance and some have real estate backgrounds as well.

Return to Top
#191907 - 05/19/04 09:00 PM Re: credit analyst position, requirements
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Given the size of a bank, another logical transition for the entry level credit analyst spot is in loan review, if they don't move to loan orgination or credit administration.

Return to Top
#191908 - 05/20/04 04:22 PM Re: credit analyst position, requirements
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I just assume that I was moved into the credit analyst position because of my sense of humor and devilishly good looks.

Return to Top
#191909 - 05/20/04 09:58 PM Re: credit analyst position, requirements
Gayla Sherry Offline

100 Club
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I think this practice varies from bank to bank, but certainly the credit analyst position is a good position for someone with a degree in finance, or equivalent experience. Today's career paths are not always linear, in that employees don't always stay in one division or department. Regardless, the credit analyst is a great place to develop officers and managers.
HR Consulting and Compliance; Training, Conflict Resolution, Internal Investigations, Expert Witness

Return to Top
#191910 - 06/23/04 02:48 PM Re: credit analyst position, requirements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greetings,

If anybody is aware of someone who would be interested in a senior credit analyst poisition(located in MD), feel free to pass my name/number along. It's for a very well respected bank. There is plenty of room for growth within the organization for someone who cares to migrate into a lending position.

Sincerely,

Ryan Deane
Premier Recruiters & Assoc.
386-453-3478

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry