Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1907929 - 03/24/14 02:32 PM ID Theft prevention programs
srobi Offline
New Poster
Are there any compliance requirements when advertising an ID Theft prevention program?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1908958 - 03/26/14 09:50 PM Re: ID Theft prevention programs srobi
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, based on some recent enforcement actions, I would say you want to be very clear what the program actually does.

Return to Top
#1920292 - 05/06/14 01:09 PM Re: ID Theft prevention programs srobi
gacompliancegirl Offline
100 Club
hanging on by a thread
If the customer does not pay for the ID Theft Prevention product and it is a free feature of the deposit account, are you required to have the Non Deposit Investment Product disclosure in your advertising?

Return to Top
#1920311 - 05/06/14 01:44 PM Re: ID Theft prevention programs srobi
ckme Offline
Gold Star
ckme
On this same topic, ID Theft Prevention product, how do you relate it to your privacy notice? The bank partners with the company and signs up the customer, the vendor then contacts the customer and the customer goes to their website and enrolls and gives their personal details and the vendor delivers the service. The bank account facilitates the billing source, but I think they can change their billing method.

Are we joint marketing or are they a non-affiliated third party? I looked at several banks websites that have the same ID theft protection product, and none of them said the bank joint markets or shares with nonaffiliates on the privacy notice on the website.

Return to Top
#1920312 - 05/06/14 01:48 PM Re: ID Theft prevention programs srobi
gacompliancegirl Offline
100 Club
hanging on by a thread
We do not sign up the customer or provide the company with any information. We give the customer a logon ID and they go to the website and sign up if interested. So, we don't reflect it on our privacy notice.

There is not charge for this product to our customers and there is no up-selling on the company website.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett