Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1918444 - 04/29/14 04:12 PM Lead Generators - home loans
Burgess Offline
Diamond Poster
our bank home loan department wants to partner with a lead generator outfit. We pay a fee and any person who googles buy a home in this town, gets a invite and if accepted we get their name to call cold.
realtors also sign up and they also get names for them to call.

anybody out there using one of these lead generators?

Return to Top
Marketing
#1921635 - 05/09/14 01:18 PM Re: Lead Generators - home loans Burgess
Burgess Offline
Diamond Poster
....and now I see in today's top stories:
May 9, 2014
•Mortgage lead generator pays $225,000 CMP

I read the settlement and it refers to the lenders that did business with the lead generator. I presume that these lenders will be hearing from their regulators - and I will be curious if the lead generators deceptive ads violations will somehow pass through to the 3rd party banks that used the lead generator.

Return to Top
#1921874 - 05/09/14 05:45 PM Re: Lead Generators - home loans Burgess
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Originally Posted By: burgess
I presume that these lenders will be hearing from their regulators - and I will be curious if the lead generators deceptive ads violations will somehow pass through to the 3rd party banks that used the lead generator.

We are wondering the same thing at our shop. We were recently examined and third party relationships were hit hard.

Return to Top
#1921899 - 05/09/14 06:16 PM Re: Lead Generators - home loans Bullseye
Carolina Blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Carolina Blue
Lost in a regulatory fog
Along the same lines, anyone familiar with VoicePad? I have a MLO that's chomping at the bit to use them. Seems to be a automated voice system that provides house information and a mortgage calculator sponsored by us (the bank) when the buyer calls the number on the for sale sign. Seems to be Reg.Z advertising and RESPA Section 8 issues, but hoping someone can provide some insight before I start researching from scratch.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker