Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1922985 - 05/14/14 02:27 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
So I am guessing the original grumpy poster did not watch last night.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1922992 - 05/14/14 02:34 PM Re: SHIELD QCL
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: QCL-MamaBear
I still haven't seen Winter Soldier, and enjoyed the whole season. So you say there is a tie in?

yeah. A couple of episodes take place during Winter Soldier and the movie sort of introduced and expanded on the whole
Click to reveal..
hydra infiltration

Return to Top
#1922994 - 05/14/14 02:37 PM Re: SHIELD Pale Rider
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
So I am guessing the original grumpy poster did not watch last night.

He's having new "When extraterrestrial plasma weapons are outlawed, only outlaws will have extraterrestrial plasma weapons." bumper stickers printed.

Return to Top
#1923049 - 05/14/14 03:42 PM Re: SHIELD Sci_Comply
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Originally Posted By: Sci_Comply
Last night's season finale was awesome! I loved
Click to reveal..
1. Fury came back (What was up with his eye at the end???) See Winter Soldier for some background
2. They showed weapons from the Avengers movie!
3. Patton Oswald is back!
4. What was up with Coulson doing those scribbles at the end? Garrett was making the same scribbles earlier in the show. I believe it has something to do with GH 325 (the miracle drug used on Coulson, Skye and Garrett)
5. The fight between Mae and Ward was hilarious! I cringed when she nailed his foot to the floor. eek
6. I got kind of teary during the scene at the bottom of the ocean between Fitz and Simmons. My heart was breaking for him!
7. What was up with Skye's parent's hand? Was that blood dripping off of it? It looked like blood to me. Remember her parents were described as monsters by Reina last episode when talking to Ward.
Great show! Now I need to watch Winter Soldier.

I added some responses to your statements/questions. Awesome show. Can't wait for Season 2.

Return to Top
#1923056 - 05/14/14 03:50 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Y'all know that in the fall, in addition to season 2 of SHIELD, they're also starting a new show centered around Agent Carter, right?

Return to Top
#1923126 - 05/14/14 05:12 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
CheshireAliCat Offline
100 Club
NJ
Thank you all for the spoiler alerts - I'll have to hold off on reading until I catch up tonight...

And Yes! Agent Carter! I love the whole Avenger Universe right now.

Return to Top
#1923178 - 05/14/14 06:04 PM Re: SHIELD CheshireAliCat
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: CheshireAliCat
Thank you all for the spoiler alerts - I'll have to hold off on reading until I catch up tonight...

And Yes! Agent Carter! I love the whole Avenger Universe right now.

No problem. I hate it when read something ruins the show that you have waiting on your DVR smile

Return to Top
#1923210 - 05/14/14 06:40 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Click to reveal..
i was thinking about Ward, and there's a lot of ways they can go with his character. Have him be a villain. Sacrifice himself for redemption. There's a lot of ways he can go and they're all good (except if they try to redeem him and return him to the team like nothing happened--but dont think Joss Whedon would do that).

But i think there's another option that i dont remember seeing before. What if he becomes a villain, but has genuine affection for the team. Like, he'll do genuinely bad stuff -- assassinate a king or blow up a building for the right $$, but he'll also go out of his way to save the team even if they're trying to stop him and show zero affection back. So, the SHIELD guys are the only people in the world who's life he values. Maybe not even have him care about the full team--so, he'll do anything for Skye, Coulson, Fitz or Simmons, but would take out Mae or Tripp if they so much as looked at him funny. That would be an interesting dynamic, i think.

Return to Top
#1923225 - 05/14/14 06:52 PM Re: SHIELD Stupendous Man
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Stupendous Man
Click to reveal..
i was thinking about Ward, and there's a lot of ways they can go with his character. Have him be a villain. Sacrifice himself for redemption. There's a lot of ways he can go and they're all good (except if they try to redeem him and return him to the team like nothing happened--but dont think Joss Whedon would do that).

But i think there's another option that i dont remember seeing before. What if he becomes a villain, but has genuine affection for the team. Like, he'll do genuinely bad stuff -- assassinate a king or blow up a building for the right $$, but he'll also go out of his way to save the team even if they're trying to stop him and show zero affection back. So, the SHIELD guys are the only people in the world who's life he values. Maybe not even have him care about the full team--so, he'll do anything for Skye, Coulson, Fitz or Simmons, but would take out Mae or Tripp if they so much as looked at him funny. That would be an interesting dynamic, i think.

Great thoughts!
Click to reveal..
I think Ward and Skye will continue to be central characters. I wonder if there will even be some sort of Ward giving up his own life to save her. My own theory, Joss always has a "big bad" character each season on his shows (I was an Angel/Buffy fan). Could Skye be next season's "big bad"?

Return to Top
#1923527 - 05/15/14 06:37 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Everyone I know was about ready to give up on this entire show, and then they tied it in so well with Winter Soldier's plot, and started ramping up the show. It's been a while since I've watched a show use over half the season setting up for a conclusion that was awesome.

I can't remember when I've laughed so hard at an action show. Fury's appearance was great this time.

Return to Top
#1923544 - 05/15/14 07:01 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Gonna make it a point to wathc this off of the DVR/On Demand

Return to Top
#1923580 - 05/15/14 08:04 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
I can't remember a better midseason turn around on TV. I am glad I hung in there.

Return to Top
#1923594 - 05/15/14 08:14 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Click to reveal..
What if Ward kills Patton Oswald AGAIN?

Return to Top
#1923600 - 05/15/14 08:25 PM Re: SHIELD Stupendous Man
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Click to reveal..

Nooooooo!

Return to Top
#1923601 - 05/15/14 08:28 PM Re: SHIELD Stupendous Man
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
Click to reveal..

Do you watch "Orphan Black"? There may be a half-dozen or so Patton Oswald.

Return to Top
#1923606 - 05/15/14 08:36 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
Click to reveal..
If you are going to clone someone, why Patton Oswald? Don't get me wrong, I am a fan, but you would think Natasha would be a better guard of a secret base.

Return to Top
#1923628 - 05/15/14 09:12 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Click to reveal..
if you had a clone of natasha, would you ship it off to live in isolation, playing video games as a caretaker?

Return to Top
#1923633 - 05/15/14 09:17 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Click to reveal..
If I had a clone of Natasha, I certainly wouldn't be here posting hidden messages with you guys. No offense.

Return to Top
#1923715 - 05/16/14 01:31 PM Re: SHIELD Bobby Boucher
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Click to reveal..
this is fun!

Return to Top
#1923730 - 05/16/14 01:45 PM Re: SHIELD HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Goodnight, I have never seen so many spoiler alerts!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2