BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#192484 - 05/21/04 01:39 PM Re: Fashion Advice
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Personal opinion only.....I really don't care for white shoes.....possibly white sandles are ok...but they must be strappy.....

I like to wear the cork looking sandles---definately with a slight heal, one that takes the shape of a high heal....no more than 3/4 of an inch to an inch....

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#192485 - 05/21/04 01:46 PM Re: Fashion Advice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I try so hard to like capris but having long legs it always feels like I am wearing "highwaters" I know not logical but I never said I was sane. I do like the way they look on other people.

Return to Top
#192486 - 05/21/04 01:50 PM Re: Fashion Advice
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
My calves are too big for Capris

Return to Top
#192487 - 05/21/04 02:34 PM Re: Fashion Advice
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

Personal opinion only.....I really don't care for white shoes.....possibly white sandles are ok...but they must be strappy.....

I like to wear the cork looking sandles---definately with a slight heal, one that takes the shape of a high heal....no more than 3/4 of an inch to an inch....

I have to agree with your personal opinion. My personal opinion is that wearing keds or tennis shoes with capri pants will age you. If you can't sacrifice your keds, maybe go for the ones that slip on with no back (sort of like clogs).

Return to Top
#192488 - 05/21/04 03:18 PM Re: Fashion Advice
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
okay i was raised with rules of no white (dress/sandals) shoes after labor day til memorial day except easter...

but i think sandals look great, just about any kind.
if it wasn't for the danged dress policy here i, too, would wear flip flops at all times! (almost wore them in my wedding, but then i thought the sound of flipping an flopping would break the mood )

Return to Top
#192489 - 05/21/04 03:26 PM Re: Fashion Advice
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I try so hard to like capris but having long legs it always feels like I am wearing "highwaters" I know not logical but I never said I was sane. I do like the way they look on other people.

Aren't they the exact same thing with different names?

Return to Top
#192490 - 05/21/04 03:41 PM Re: Fashion Advice
Pippi Offline
100 Club
Pippi
Espadrilles...especially the cute ones that tie around the ankles!

Return to Top
#192491 - 05/21/04 05:39 PM Re: Fashion Advice
Nananator Offline
Nananator
TX...but nowhere near Big D
When I was younger,way younger, we called them "clam diggers". Maybe a reference from the beatnik era, huh.

Return to Top
#192492 - 05/21/04 06:53 PM Re: Fashion Advice
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

I'm the opposite. I'm fairly tall, and I have long legs. It's really tough to find pants that are long enough. With capris or crop pants, I don't have to worry about that - they're supposed to be short!!

Return to Top
#192493 - 05/24/04 01:19 PM Re: Fashion Advice
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot
I, too, was raised with the "white" fashion rule, but was informed by my (much) older sister (she's 50!!) this year that the "rule" has changed -- you can now wear white on Easter and anytime after, through Labor day. Unless of course you are under 13, then you can wear it anytime!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2