Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#1925270 - 05/21/14 06:00 PM Re: For Mani! JWills, CRCM
Sci_Comply Offline
100 Club
Sci_Comply
Originally Posted By: JWills
Every morning when I am ready to leave for work, my dog Cyrus, who is a pit bull, is usually laying on my bed. I give him a kiss on the head, and cover him with a blankie. Just in case he gets cold.

I know, I am kinda weird that way.
I don't feel so weird now! My 14 year old Chihuahua Vegas has a favorite toy hedgehog that he sleeps with at night. I fix his blankets, put the toy in there to the right side, and then tuck him in with a kiss on the head. He won't stay in his bed if my husband fixes it first. laugh

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1925271 - 05/21/14 06:05 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I love talking about my brood. We put in underground fence around 6 acres and are so pleased with it. Our girls are rather social and like to visit. They'll troop the mile and a half to visit a neighbor or go to the south 80 to swim in the pond. My mastiff thinks every head of cattle on the place is a bestie. It is a hoot to look out the window to see her and a few head of cattle having a stare down and they are only about 3 feet apart. She just sits there like that dog in the cartoons that would clock in and out every day. She never chases or lunges at them.

Now they only occasionally have to wear the collars to remind them. At least we don't get calls from the neighbors any more.

Return to Top
#1925273 - 05/21/14 06:08 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I'm looking into the fence because the weimie knows no boundaries! Do you mind sharing the brand do you have?

Return to Top
#1925275 - 05/21/14 06:11 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
It sounds like the dogs have all of you trained rather than the other way around. laugh

Return to Top
#1925277 - 05/21/14 06:16 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Definitely Guitar Dude. We used to cover Mandy (the ailing basenji) up at night with a blanket - even in the summer. They are an African breed and she loved laying in the sun. Now the poor thing doesn't like it and gets confused. My husband has rolled a towel up and she uses it like a pillow.

Return to Top
#1925278 - 05/21/14 06:24 PM Re: For Mani! RR Jen
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
I'm usually happy in the house with the windows open up to almost 80 inside. She is not. She was panting enough the other night I got out of bed and turned the air on for her. I had a moment laying there after realizing what I had done.

How about this? When we bought our house many years ago, we had no central air. . .but we did have a pug. Guess what our first big home improvement was when that first summer rolled around (and not because it was what WE needed first, but what the pug needed first)??

Just last night, we had windows open and ceiling fans on, but our two pugs were panting and panting, so we turned on the A/C. Yes, they are spoiled rotten!

Return to Top
#1925282 - 05/21/14 06:32 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
nah, I don't think mine are spoiled...at least not by me. My daughter and eldest gran each own one of three Cavs and my daughter, in particular, is total mush with them letting them on furniture and in her bed, etc. Me, they listen to and don't pull stuff on. Smidgen knows the only time she's allowed on the bed is when MOML is away on a business trip. And getting them all to sit quietly and wait at their respective food bowls took some training too. Now if I could just get the cats to sit and not circle around me and the dogs caterwauling for their food.... But then, you mostly herd cats, not train them, right? crazy

Return to Top
#1925284 - 05/21/14 06:36 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
While we have the dog-market cornered here...I have a question. My son has a humongous bulldog/mastiff mix. He is OBSESSED with frisbees and is really good at catching them! But when I say he is obsessed, I'm not joking.

The problem we are having is finding one that will last more than 15 minutes...his jaws are massive and he accidentally breaks them quickly. I've tried the cloth ones, the soft bendy rubber ones (all dog ones) and the dense foam (Academy sports) ones.

The Kong ones have changed in some way and the reviews aren't as good, so I have not tried those.

Any recommendations out there?

PS. It is hilarious once it breaks them, bringing the tinist piece and still demanding to play. He also washes them. grin

Try the Jawz competition frisbees. So far that's the only one that our giant heeler hasn't destroyed within 5 minutes. However - we also learned really quickly to only let her have them during playtime or else she turns them into chew toys.

And I know exactly what you mean by 'obsessed.' You've met Lucy and her tennis ball, right? wink

Return to Top
#1925292 - 05/21/14 06:43 PM Re: For Mani! RR Jen
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
I'm looking into the fence because the weimie knows no boundaries! Do you mind sharing the brand do you have?

I will ask my husband and let you know.

Return to Top
#1925295 - 05/21/14 06:49 PM Re: For Mani! RR Becca
mtngrrl Offline
Gold Star
mtngrrl
Northern California
While we have the dog-market cornered here...I have a question. My son has a humongous bulldog/mastiff mix. He is OBSESSED with frisbees and is really good at catching them! But when I say he is obsessed, I'm not joking.

The problem we are having is finding one that will last more than 15 minutes...his jaws are massive and he accidentally breaks them quickly. I've tried the cloth ones, the soft bendy rubber ones (all dog ones) and the dense foam (Academy sports) ones.

The Kong ones have changed in some way and the reviews aren't as good, so I have not tried those.

Any recommendations out there?

PS. It is hilarious once it breaks them, bringing the tinist piece and still demanding to play. He also washes them. grin

I'm telling you, try that westpaw frisbee. You still have to take it away, but it lasts way longer than anything else. They have other shapes of toys, too - one bone shaped one that lasted for 6 years, even WITH her gnawing on it regularly.

Return to Top
#1925299 - 05/21/14 06:55 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I'll look into all of the above...YES, definitely have to put away the toyz!

Becca...yes...he is much like Lucy is with her ball! He plays til he could literally DROP! crazy

And, if you tell him you can't reach it when he brings it to you...he throws it at you! laugh

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1925302 - 05/21/14 07:00 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
mtngrrl Offline
Gold Star
mtngrrl
Northern California

And, if you tell him you can't reach it when he brings it to you...he throws it at you! laugh

Deja will bring a toy and drop it in your lap. If it falls off (like a ball or a bone), she'll pick it up and drop it in your lap again. If you KEEP ignoring her, then she'll start shoving her nose under your arm, pushing your hand toward the toy.

Return to Top
#1925308 - 05/21/14 07:05 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
My shepherd does this too mtngrl smile

Return to Top
#1925311 - 05/21/14 07:12 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
mtngrrl Offline
Gold Star
mtngrrl
Northern California
^^^^ grin

Return to Top
#1925325 - 05/21/14 07:38 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
We turn on the AC and keep the heat low for our dogs. The sun bakes our bedroom in the afternoon, so it's really needed sometimes.

I'm pretty sure once we have our yard the one will try to live outside. crazy

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1925337 - 05/21/14 07:59 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I cannot believe how you all completely SPOIL your dogs. whistle

I'm a huge Australian Cattle Dog (Blue/Red Heeler)...I'm not a fan of JRT's. But the two mixed together is pure Tazmanian Devil Dog! eek

Love the avi! That's totally what an Aussie/JRT mix would look like!!!!

Return to Top
#1925361 - 05/21/14 08:22 PM Re: For Mani! manimal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: manimal
We turn on the AC and keep the heat low for our dogs. The sun bakes our bedroom in the afternoon, so it's really needed sometimes.

I'm pretty sure once we have our yard the one will try to live outside. crazy

I thought it was cold in Millenialicious (Midewest)

CAMS

Return to Top
#1925366 - 05/21/14 08:25 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Hey, hey! Mine are not spoiled or catered to. They are productive members of society. Have you seen how much fertilizer one mastiff, one Aussie and two Rotts can produce?! Plus the added bonus of having a yard free of living critters such as skunks, porcupines, opossum, masked bandits, those birds that plant their eggs on the ground and then tempt you away from their nests by limping away dragging a wing? Enough dog hair that I could make pillows if I ever had to! Priceless repayment! Worth every penny.

Return to Top
#1925370 - 05/21/14 08:29 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Cold?? Psh, yesterday afternoon it was near 90 before the storms blew in. Our little black fur ball wasn't too interested in being outside at all, until the thunder and lightning started.

Return to Top
#1925374 - 05/21/14 08:36 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
We get all four seasons in the Millenialicious MidEwest, Ed. smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1925513 - 05/22/14 01:59 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I got my JRT puppy last night. Her name's Sadie and of course she's adorable. No accidents last night so she's obviously the smartest dog in the world too!

Hurry up 5:00 again so I can go home and play with her!! grin

Return to Top
#1925519 - 05/22/14 02:05 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Congratulations!! smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1925520 - 05/22/14 02:07 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Puppy kisses! smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1925677 - 05/22/14 04:19 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I featured my puppy in an all-staff training this morning on ID theft red flags... I didn't even fake trying to tie them together, I was just like "And here's my dog eating ice cream."

Return to Top
#1925679 - 05/22/14 04:20 PM Re: For Mani! RR Joker
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I pink puffy heart love that Matt!

Return to Top
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6