Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1925670 - 05/22/14 04:13 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Pale Rider
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Originally Posted By: #Just Jay
Do you really feel that we are?

Britain has 85 Sharia courts of law. There is some backlash taking place in Europe and the vote this week will be interesting.

Only time will tell.....

And how many halakhah courts are there in the US today?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1925673 - 05/22/14 04:15 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
none? wink

Return to Top
#1925680 - 05/22/14 04:20 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Retired DQ
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
Last edited by EdSpenser; 05/22/14 04:24 PM.
Return to Top
#1925689 - 05/22/14 04:32 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
are any decisions legally binding in the US or are they supposed to be as a mediator?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1925697 - 05/22/14 04:47 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
Not legally binding, just a religious court.

Not unlike Catholics petitioning the Church to have a marriage annulled. (Interesting factoid; one party to a marriage can receive an annulment and the other party not receive one.) Doesn't impact the civil divorce one bit.

Return to Top
#1925702 - 05/22/14 04:54 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Pale Rider
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Do you really feel that we are?

Britain has 85 Sharia courts of law. There is some backlash taking place in Europe and the vote this week will be interesting.

Only time will tell.....

Are we under threat of falling back under British rule?

Return to Top
#1925736 - 05/22/14 05:41 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I hope no one considers this a discussion of religion, it is not my intent. It is more a way of life or civilian laws that concerns some. We live in interesting times. Here is one description of how Sharia law can be introduced into foreign lands.

Expansion of Islam Phase 1: Arrival

When the first Muslims arrive in a Western democracy, they keep a low profile and make few if any demands on the host nation. Many quietly work as students, business owners, professors, doctors and other professionals, making good first impressions and gaining vocational respect.

Expansion of Islam Phase 2: Recognition

When a sufficient number of Muslims gather, they request recognition of the Sharia law being applied within their own community. To preempt resistance and suspicions, they publicly condemn "radical" Islam and even seek well-publicized inter-faith dialogue and gatherings.

They position Islam as a religion of peace whose Sharia law is not a threat to the host nation, especially since it would never be applied outside the Muslim community.

Expansion of Islam Phase 3: Penetration

When Muslims gain critical mass in a few cities, they begin to penetrate the host society. They create an alphabet soup of front and umbrella organizations that inflate their reach and unity, and use them to lobby the government, support (pro-)Muslim political candidates, conduct public relations campaigns and file lawsuits against alleged islamophobia, pressure public schools with Muslim students to hold prayers towards Mecca, endow Islamic studies departments at universities, place imams as 'chaplains' in armed forces and prison units. A town I worked in for a number of years, Dearborn, Michigan is a good example.

Phase 4: Confrontation

When Muslims become a significant minority in the host country, they demand incorporating into its legal system elements of the Sharia law. Often, this demand is made while "rogue" elements from the Muslim community threaten or engage in violence (e.g., Europe and UK).

Expansion of Islam Phase 5: Imposition

When the Muslim population becomes the majority and/or Islam gains control of a nation (e.g., Taliban in Afghanistan), Sharia law is imposed on the host society, which is then locked down against non-Islamic influences, including Christianity.

Return to Top
#1925741 - 05/22/14 05:49 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Pale, can you give us a citation for where you got this? I find it disturbingly interesting.

Return to Top
#1925747 - 05/22/14 05:55 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Religious, no.

A little fear mongering, perhaps.

Return to Top
#1925750 - 05/22/14 05:58 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I got that description from site that centers on Christianity in the world Truff. It it purely religious and did not want to get this thread canned. It is a fascinating topic for the next generation and the ones that follow.

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/islam-expansion.html

Return to Top
#1925752 - 05/22/14 05:59 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I find it disturbing and fear-mongering. And if I had to guess at the source, it's probably one of those websites like billionbibles.org or something like that.

Return to Top
#1925753 - 05/22/14 05:59 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Well, there you go, JJ. crazy

Return to Top
#1925754 - 05/22/14 05:59 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. BurntSienna
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: Mulberry
I find it disturbing and fear-mongering. And if I had to guess at the source, it's probably one of those websites like billionbibles.org or something like that.
Bingo!

Return to Top
#1925756 - 05/22/14 06:00 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. #Just Jay
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Religious, no.

A little fear mongering, perhaps.

No argument there Jay. As I say, I just find it interesting. It seems to be advancing this way in Europe. The rise of right wing extremist groups opposing immigration seems to be a by-product.

Return to Top
#1925760 - 05/22/14 06:05 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I have read similar but under the term 4 stages of Islamic conquest or Islam's 20-year plan for U.S, You can Google it. I am not posting citations to not get the thread canned

CAMS

Return to Top
#1925768 - 05/22/14 06:11 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Pale Rider
Carolina Blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Carolina Blue
Lost in a regulatory fog
Wow, so Islamist operate like a virus. I suppose that is interesting. I guess we can just be thankful when they developed this grand take-over plan they decided against crusades.

Return to Top
#1925771 - 05/22/14 06:12 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
In 1914, Henry Cabot Lodge railed on and on and spread vicious fear-mongering that Irish immigrants were diminishing the quality of American citizens. Irish were portrayed as dirty, dumb, and always drunk. Signs in shop windows blared "No dogs or Irish" or "Irish need not apply" for employment. Now, Americans whose ancestors immigrated from Ireland are seen as every bit as American as other groups. Food for thought.

As for the original post, it's horrendous that the wife suffered so much abuse for years and ultimately was murdered. The "husband" should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the laws of the country in which he is residing. I don't care where he came from.

Return to Top
#1925773 - 05/22/14 06:14 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Every generation has their variation of immigrants "abuse". And let's not forget the the wonderful pious folks who kept slaves.

Return to Top
#1925780 - 05/22/14 06:18 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I take responsibility for asking for the citation. I also apologize if anyone took offense at the cite. Pale stated up front that it was not his intent to offend but rather to offer information. We're not really discussing religion so much as we're discussing what one poster referred to as a 'culture'. I hope this is sufficient explanation to let the thread continue...for the time being.

Return to Top
#1925790 - 05/22/14 06:25 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Retired DQ
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: DeeQ
Every generation has their variation of immigrants "abuse". And let's not forget the the wonderful pious folks who kept slaves.

They were immigrants?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1925791 - 05/22/14 06:25 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Truffle Royale
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
"'He comes from a culture where he thinks this is appropriate conduct, where he can hit his wife … He culturally believed he had the right to hit his wife and discipline his wife.' - Defense attorney Julie Clark"

Wow, that must be some culture. Treating your wife like chattel is allowed. I shudder at the thought of what women must endure in such a culture.

Return to Top
#1925794 - 05/22/14 06:28 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. edAudit
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

They were immigrants?

2 separate things, please re-read and get back to me. smile

Return to Top
#1925798 - 05/22/14 06:38 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Retired DQ
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

They were immigrants?

2 separate things, please re-read and get back to me. smile

It is hard to tell that they are separate as the keeper of the slaves have little to due with the thread.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1925831 - 05/22/14 07:07 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Retired DQ
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
And let's not forget the the wonderful pious folks who kept slaves.

and lets also remember who sold them in to slavery

Return to Top
#1925835 - 05/22/14 07:10 PM Re: Man killed wife for making a vegie meal. Carolina Blue
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Carolina Blue
Wow, so Islamist operate like a virus. I suppose that is interesting. I guess we can just be thankful when they developed this grand take-over plan they decided against crusades.

You can look back throughout history, any time a culturally different group came to a new location, they tried to integrate those already their to their "brand" of religion...be it catholic, christian, muslim, pagan, norse, etc...I'm fairly certain those who were "indoctrinated against their will" would use viral as an excellent corrolation.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3