Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1926834 - 05/27/14 08:25 PM Gross Revenues for an Entity - Report What?
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
When reporting gross revenues for an entity and the tax return for the entity is used, do we report the amount on line 1a Gross receipts or sales or do we report the amount on line 1c Balance. Subtract line 1b (Returns and allowances) from line 1a?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Return to Top
CRA
#1927335 - 05/28/14 10:35 PM Re: Gross Revenues for an Entity - Report What? Likes to Comply
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
I have wondered the same thing, but have always dererred to line 1a. Our Analysts have the responsibility to identify the GAR amount and year used, and enter it on the Credit Analysis. To help ensure accuracy we use a matrix of the various tax forms involved with the appropriate line to use as a reference tool.

Return to Top
#1929377 - 06/04/14 04:34 PM Re: Gross Revenues for an Entity - Report What? Likes to Comply
CompBanker0613 Offline
CompBanker0613
Try this:
http://www.ffiec.gov/cra/pdf/2010_CRA_Guide.pdf

Appendix B Interagency Q&A
Section 42(a)(4)

Return to Top
#1929402 - 06/04/14 05:13 PM Re: Gross Revenues for an Entity - Report What? Likes to Comply
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I use the top line, gross receipts/sales. If they have that many returns and allowances that it affects their classification as over/under $1million, that would be a one off case.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1929404 - 06/04/14 05:16 PM Re: Gross Revenues for an Entity - Report What? Likes to Comply
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
But whatever you do, always do the same thing!
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1932192 - 06/12/14 11:03 PM Re: Gross Revenues for an Entity - Report What? Likes to Comply
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
I agree with Kathleen. We always use Gross receipts/sales prior to any returns or allowances. Also as Kathleen stated, always be consistent with where you are taking the revenue from.

Return to Top