Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1931078 - 06/10/14 05:02 PM Private Banking
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
We are a small community bank. We've been informed recently that a couple of our employees will be involved in private banking.

I'm not even sure what that will involve, but I'd really like some input on things that I'd really need to know with regards to compliance. I don't know what to ask...Any help is appreciated....

I'm really not comfortable with this!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1931085 - 06/10/14 05:13 PM Re: Private Banking La. Lady
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
https://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/pages_manual/OLM_030.htm

Is this what they are going to be doing or some internal use of the term "private banking"?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1931137 - 06/10/14 06:38 PM Re: Private Banking La. Lady
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Private Banking typically involves High Value Clients that have access to dedicated bankers that the general public don't. It's mainly just a way to help your big money folks feel special. These bankers also are often liscensed to do stock/bond/mutual stuff too.

Return to Top
#1931378 - 06/11/14 03:12 PM Re: Private Banking RockChucker, CAMS
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
La L:

We started one of these back in 2011 or so. We are a small, family-owned, Midwestern community bank, so we didn't do the FFIEC-defined BSA nightmare private banking. We did what RC described, with a special DDA and a few more HELOC choices. The main difference between private banking and personal banking in our bank is that the private banking customers have one direct contact for all of their needs. A little more hand holding, if you will. Oh...and their checks say "Private Banking" in a fancy font.

I know I got some good advice form the threads back when we started. Feel free to search my screen name or just shoot a question back.

We were fortunate in hiring an experienced banker. Our management was also very open to discussing the advice I got here. We had several discussions about the requirements for Private banking, possible impact, and possible exception requests.

Return to Top