Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#19314 - 06/03/02 08:04 PM Soldier and Saliors Relief Act - I need help!!
Javier V Offline
Javier V
Does the rate reduction allowable by the SSCRA include loans to sole proprietorships, assuming this debt is before person starts his or her active military service???

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#19315 - 06/03/02 08:18 PM Re: Soldier and Saliors Relief Act - I need help!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your bank would not make a loan to a sole proprietorship because it is not a legally recognized entity. Rather, your bank would make a loan to a person (sole proprietor) for a business purpose. Therefore, since it is a loan to an individual, yes, SSRA would apply. If you have made a loan to a sole proprietorship, you have serious problems that you need to address.

Return to Top
#19316 - 06/03/02 08:22 PM Re: Soldier and Saliors Relief Act - I need help!!
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Anonymous is correct - SSCRA would apply. In fact, in a recently decided court case it was deemed to even apply to a corporate loan where the owner of the corporation and cosigner on the loan was a reservist. For more info on that see this link in Court Watch on BOL
Last edited by jbedsole; 06/03/02 08:23 PM.

Return to Top
#19317 - 06/03/02 08:26 PM Re: Soldier and Saliors Relief Act - I need help!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
jbledsoe is correct. That was a case where the husband and wife owners of a corporation were listed as co-borrowers, as guarantors, and their personal house was one of the pieces of collateral.

Return to Top
#19318 - 06/03/02 08:32 PM Re: Soldier and Saliors Relief Act - I need help!!
Javier V Offline
Javier V
Thanks for you'alls input...Sorry for the incorrect posting of making a loan to a sole proprietorship, but I was in desperate need of an answer...You'all are great!!

Return to Top
#19319 - 06/03/02 08:34 PM Re: Soldier and Saliors Relief Act - I need help!!
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Solid answers in under 30 minutes! And that's with large numbers of the forum participants offsite at a conference. Where else are you going to get this kind of service?

Return to Top
#19320 - 06/03/02 08:38 PM Re: Soldier and Saliors Relief Act - I need help!!
Javier V Offline
Javier V
Thanks for your help Jim...If we all were in New Orleans with the rest of our colleagues, I'd buy you'all a drink

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z