Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1933013 - 06/16/14 08:56 PM Certificate of Deposits
AAL Offline
New Poster
I was wondering how many banks are still giving out paper copies of Certificate of Deposits when a customer has purchased a CD? We are discussing not giving out the paper copy and using a signature card and giving the disclosures and a receipt. Do you know of any regulations prohibiting this? Also, if a CD is held on a loan are we required to have the paper copy in safekeeping for the examiners to see. Right now we have a hold on the CD and have the paper copy in SK.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1933019 - 06/16/14 09:05 PM Re: Certificate of Deposits AAL
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
It has been a long time since we gave out CD paper copies. They get a copy of the signature card, disclosures and a copy of what we call a CD receipt. If the make a loan using the CD, we get them to sign the assignment for the loan and put a hold on the CD. I do not know of any regulation prohibiting this practice.

Return to Top
#1933020 - 06/16/14 09:07 PM Re: Certificate of Deposits AAL
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
We do a signature card, disclosures and a receipt. I know of no regulations to prohibit this methodology.

If it is held as collateral for a loan, the CD has a loan hold placed on it which only a loan officer can approve to clear. The CD number is on the loan agreement, signed by the customer.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett