Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1933311 - 06/17/14 06:57 PM Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone....
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
I am creating a questionaire that will be going out to all officers and I want to make sure I get a comprehensive list going of some of the major issues that banks are dealing with.
These can be things that are just very frustrating to deal with day after day or they can be issues that involve exposing the bank to undue risk.

For example I am asking:
"If flood insurance is required for a loan, how many days prior to closing must you alert the customer of this requirement?"
Because I know we have had some issues with that recently.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Return to Top
Audit
#1933336 - 06/17/14 07:44 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... RockChucker, CAMS
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I'd probably include something about the new appraisal disclosure rules. Sounds like many banks are still struggling with getting their commercial lenders in compliance.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1933384 - 06/17/14 08:41 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... RockChucker, CAMS
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
My worry would be, your list could become so long, individuals get lost. Depending on the size of your bank, you may be able to cover various topics in different formats.

Return to Top
#1933396 - 06/17/14 08:56 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... RockChucker, CAMS
Diamond Poster
The Country
Good idea manimal. Thanks

oscupa I have been tempted to make it all inclusive but am going to limit myself to no more than 20 items/questions.

Return to Top
#1933422 - 06/17/14 09:43 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... RockChucker, CAMS
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
If you could convince the CEO to send out the e-mail, this should be more effective. Tone at the Top always helps.

Return to Top
#1933865 - 06/18/14 10:03 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... RockChucker, CAMS
Diamond Poster
The Country
Any other hot buttons that come to mind?

Return to Top
#1936996 - 07/01/14 06:18 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... RockChucker, CAMS
InternalOdditor Offline
New Poster
InternalOdditor
Our compliance officer sends out weekly "fun facts" to all employees about current issues that they are seeing in the department, or new stuff coming down the pipe. These fun facts are archived on our intranet and accessible to all at any time. On a quarterly basis, each employee is to complete a quiz over the content covered. Anyone who fails is assigned extra online training for the year and anyone who passes with 80% or above gets a small piece of chocolate. It sounds silly I know, but it's very popular here! That may be an avenue you may want to look into. Hope this helps!

S

Return to Top
#1937024 - 07/01/14 06:53 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... InternalOdditor
Diamond Poster
The Country
Awesome idea IO.

I will look into it.

Return to Top
#1952413 - 08/13/14 12:48 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... RockChucker, CAMS
GoGreen Offline
Gold Star
PA
Can you give an idea of your "fun facts"? We are sing Yammer as communication method and want to do a compliance blog as well.

Return to Top
#1957553 - 08/27/14 08:16 PM Re: Sometimes you just want to stick it to someone.... RockChucker, CAMS
InternalOdditor Offline
New Poster
InternalOdditor
I'm not sure what a Yammer is, so I'll just rattle off the last few weeks' worth of topics~~
~Holds on Cashier's Checks
~Reg Flag Indicators
~Educational Loans
~Underwriting Exception Documentation
~Reg CC Holds
~Facts about SCRA
~"Untimely and Inaccurate Disclosures are Costly"
~Rights of Authorized Signers after Death
~Appraisal Notice Requirements
~Land Asset for Determining the Ability to Repay
~What to do When a Customer asks for help with Structuring
~et cetera, et cetera.