Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1933867 - 06/18/14 10:36 PM Mergers-Refile Exemptions-Amended CTR's
UTBPMOM Offline
Looking for help on what to do after a merger:

If the other institution had accounts that they had filed a Designation of Exemption would we need to send in an new DOEP or can we leave as is.

Also if during a review (of course after the merger was complete) we find errors on CTR's should we send amended CTR's if so how far back should we go?

Thanks

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1933878 - 06/19/14 11:52 AM Re: Mergers-Refile Exemptions-Amended CTR's UTBPMOM
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Previous thread

As for amending CTRs, there is no stop sign based on a specific time frame. If it's incorrect, then correct it. At some point, however, I would stop reviewing them...

Return to Top
#1933943 - 06/19/14 02:41 PM Re: Mergers-Refile Exemptions-Amended CTR's UTBPMOM
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
This should be self-evident, but I think it bears repeating. Although you do "inherit" the acquired bank's DOEPs, as the acquiring bank you aren't presumed to share the same appetite for risk or even the same exempt-person policy the acquired bank had. It would not be at all unusual for an acquiring bank to pick and choose which of the acquired bank's exempt persons it will continue with or to exempt additional acquired accounts that the acquired bank had not chosen to exempt.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z