Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#193419 - 05/24/04 04:22 PM Star Network Audit, need help please!!
GLL Offline
100 Club
KY
It seems to me that in the past I heard a lot of complaints about what was involved in filling out the Star Network Audits. I did a search and could not find much. We are due again for the audit this year and was wondering if you filled out the questionnaire inhouse or if you outsourced this project. My manager said that it was very detailed and was asking questions way above her expertise!! Please let me know if you handled it and just answered the questions with your best educated guess or hired someone with more knowledge. If you hired someone, we would be interested in knowing who you used. You can PM if you want to with that info. Thanks so much for your help!!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#193420 - 05/25/04 02:00 PM Re: Star Network Audit, need help please!!
KYAuditor Offline
100 Club
KYAuditor
Kentucky
We completed the STAR audit in-house. Since the triple-DES encryption was new to us, it was a little confusing to say the least. I think that this time will be a little easier since we have a better understanding of the terminology and procedures that STAR requires.

I think that you will find that the participants in this forum will be willing to help you with any problems that you have in completing the audit.

Return to Top
#193421 - 05/25/04 09:07 PM Re: Star Network Audit, need help please!!
moe Offline
moe
PA
I completed it in house. With the help of our network rep., our ATM service provider (Diebold) and our audit department. I will probably do it in house again this year. I have gotten quotes to outsource, In my opinion, save the money. It was a pain, but I survived.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z