Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1934583 - 06/20/14 07:22 PM Use of CD Assignment vs. Security Agreement
kiemo Offline
Gold Star
kiemo
MidUS
Can anyone tell me what the differences are between assignment of certificate funds for loan collateral vs. using a security agreement ? Is there a reason to use one or the other ?
Thanks.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1934597 - 06/20/14 07:33 PM Re: Use of CD Assignment vs. Security Agreement kiemo
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Neither term identifies a unique document where your readers would be assured to be familiar with the wording; i.e. different attorneys and different forms vendors might use the same label, but use dramatically different language in the document itself.

They could be synonyms and the differently labeled documents could be nearly identical. The only way to know for sure is to read and compare the samples you have in front of you.

Return to Top
#1934661 - 06/20/14 09:05 PM Re: Use of CD Assignment vs. Security Agreement kiemo
kiemo Offline
Gold Star
kiemo
MidUS
Thank you Ken. Another certificate concern I have is that we have been creating multi-party certificate accounts with only one party signature as well as single part accounts (by telephone) with 'as requested' in the signature line. The response I get from customer service representatives is that 'we know these customers'.....Do you see this as risky or am I just paranoid.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett