Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1935482 - 06/25/14 03:41 PM Land & Mobile Home?
complofcr Offline
100 Club
SE USA
This is my dilemma: we have a customer that lives out of town and is purchasing property here to use on the weekends. The property he is purchasing is only 4 acres but it currently has an older mobile home on the property. His plan is to either renovate the mobile home or sell it and buy/build another type of structure to stay in. The mobile home is in pretty bad shape and I believe it was used as a hunting camp. We weren't planning on taking it as collateral on the loan, just the 4 acres of land. However, since the appraisal includes photos of the mobile home, I feel like we have to do something for the ATR/QM regulations. Can we get by with doing just a vacant land loan?

Return to Top
Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule
#1935578 - 06/25/14 07:45 PM Re: Land & Mobile Home? complofcr
complylady Offline
Platinum Poster
complylady
Michigan
If you do not take an interest in the MH you should be fine. MHs are generally titled and so is easy not to take a lien. If this property is in a flood zone you probably couldn't obtain flood insurance either - so be sure it is excluded.

Return to Top
#1935606 - 06/25/14 08:56 PM Re: Land & Mobile Home? complofcr
hgliii Offline
Platinum Poster
You need to check with taxing agency to make sure the MH and land is not being taxed as Real Estate. If it is you will be taking a lien on it, whether you intend to or not.

Return to Top