Page 10 of 45 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 44 45
Thread Options
#1937694 - 07/03/14 02:50 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Internet commercials that you cannot skip mad

I was just reading an article, the screen flashes and a "word from our sponsors" starts playing. mad mad

Don't interupt what I am doing to show me an ad!!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1937698 - 07/03/14 02:54 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
To tag on to that, DD, I get so annoyed when I'm trying to watch a video online and the ad loads and plays just fine but then the video errors out. WHAT?! If you can play a stupid 30-second spot for toilet paper or a cell phone carrier, you can dang well play the video I clicked on you to watch in the first place. mad

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1937703 - 07/03/14 03:04 PM Re: Pet Peeves RR Joker
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
<<<---does not fly anywhere on purpose!
You could always just gift the points back to me laugh

I enjoy figuring out ways to maximize the points I get with the card - it's kind of a challenge.

Return to Top
#1937707 - 07/03/14 03:07 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
I always pay off about $1 to $10 more than my balance, to make sure the interest works out so that I don’t have to pay again. When my next bill cuts with a credit balance, then I call for a refund and to close the card. But generally I'm scared to close a card since it can lower my credit score.

Smokers:

When the car in front of you is driven by a smoker who hangs the cig out the window (if you love smoke so much, close all your windows and just suck it up, rather than making me smoke with you)

When smokers congregate around the entrances/exits, making you hold your breath in order to pass through, but it still gets in your clothes and hair

Return to Top
#1937708 - 07/03/14 03:08 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
My brain:

When you can’t remember if you took your vitamin or not

When you tell yourself “If I don’t go outside and put this in the car right now, I’m going to forget it tomorrow,” and then you’re too lazy to do that, so of course you actually do forget it the next day

Return to Top
#1937710 - 07/03/14 03:14 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
I just had to sit through a ten minute argument were both people were arguing the same point, obviously they were not listening to each other! Just shut it and do your damned job!!!!

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1937711 - 07/03/14 03:17 PM Re: Pet Peeves DoS
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: DoS
Just shut it and do your damned job!!!!

you may want to head to the HR forum and see the posts on bullying

Return to Top
#1937715 - 07/03/14 03:23 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Suggested solution to your peeve^^I keep dry erase pens in the bathroom and use them to write notes on the mirror about those things I need to remember the next day. Having it literally in my face has cut down on the forgetting.

Return to Top
#1937716 - 07/03/14 03:23 PM Re: Pet Peeves ComplianceDude
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: ComplyYouMust

Smokers:

When the car in front of you is driven by a smoker who hangs the cig out the window (if you love smoke so much, close all your windows and just suck it up, rather than making me smoke with you)

When smokers congregate around the entrances/exits, making you hold your breath in order to pass through, but it still gets in your clothes and hair

Is this considered a personal attack on DeeQ or would there have to be mention of Tanq or a Mazda hitting a tree to qualify? I'd refer to my spreadsheet, but I think it may be outdated.... laugh

Return to Top
#1937721 - 07/03/14 03:30 PM Re: Pet Peeves thomasj
A_G Online
10K Club
I keep trying to PM you the update version, but you keep exiting the PM as soon as I start it! smirk laugh

Return to Top
#1937723 - 07/03/14 03:31 PM Re: Pet Peeves Truffle Royale
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Suggested solution to your peeve^^I keep dry erase pens in the bathroom and use them to write notes on the mirror about those things I need to remember the next day. Having it literally in my face has cut down on the forgetting.

I like it! but I'm a little afraid it'll take me down some kind of Momento road, where soon I'll be trying to piece together an alibi from my totally blank memory, based on all my sticky notes

Return to Top
#1937724 - 07/03/14 03:33 PM Re: Pet Peeves ComplianceDude
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...

was behind someone like this once, driving down the highway...then they threw the cigaretee out the window, only to have it come right back in and land on their rear dash...and caught it on fire. car ended up burning to the ground...was unsuccessful in trying not to laugh...but i did call 911 for them to get the fire department dispatched

Return to Top
#1937727 - 07/03/14 03:34 PM Re: Pet Peeves RR Becca
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
People who ask you a question and then argue about the answer you give.

Here, we call those people loan officers.

I have the same lighting problem as TJ. If I'm just reading, and don't keep moving body parts, the lights go out. It's because my office used to be a storage room. No one else has this problem.

Return to Top
#1937728 - 07/03/14 03:34 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
No Privacy:

When the locked doorknob gets rattled shortly after you enter the bathroom

Grossness/Being overly germophobic:

When a cashier drops your coin on the floor, picks it up, and hands it to you, rather than getting you a new one, then goes and fixes your food order

When you’re eating at someone’s house, and they take a plate just like the one you’re eating off of, and they put it on the floor for their dog to eat out of

When you’re at a birthday party and somebody’s kid sneezes on the cake

When you fill a glass of filtered water from the fridge dispenser and there are too many bubbles and you’re wondering if the glass wasn’t well-rinsed and the bubbles are soap

More awkward penguin stuff:

When an attractive female sends you a friend request, and your only possible response is to deactivate your account

When you travel out of state to a family reunion, then fake sick so you don’t actually have to attend

The existence of Office Christmas Parties

Not Knowing What is in Your Mouth:

When you’re enjoying some food at a house in another country, and you don’t recognize the shape, texture, or flavor of the meat, and when you politely ask, no one will tell you what it is, but they all start chuckling about it

Return to Top
#1937737 - 07/03/14 03:53 PM Re: Pet Peeves MyBrainHurts
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
People who ask you a question and then argue about the answer you give.

Here, we call those people loan officers.

I have the same lighting problem as TJ. If I'm just reading, and don't keep moving body parts, the lights go out. It's because my office used to be a storage room. No one else has this problem.

::hands MBH a red Swingline::

Return to Top
#1937760 - 07/03/14 04:23 PM Re: Pet Peeves thomasj
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10

Smokers:

I take it that covering your head with a plastic bag is not your choice? At least the smoke won't bother you then. wink

Return to Top
#1937769 - 07/03/14 04:29 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
Snowgirl Offline
Platinum Poster
When we go out to eat and when I ask "where do you want to go" and the reply is "I don't care". Then a fight ensues because they don't want to go to certain places - ugh!

Return to Top
#1937779 - 07/03/14 04:46 PM Re: Pet Peeves HappyGilmore
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Originally Posted By: DoS
Just shut it and do your damned job!!!!

you may want to head to the HR forum and see the posts on bullying

darn it ... I thought Randy said requiring someone to do their job isn't bullying.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1937801 - 07/03/14 05:27 PM Re: Pet Peeves DoS
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quote:
When you’re eating at someone’s house, and they take a plate just like the one you’re eating off of, and they put it on the floor for their dog to eat out of

You wouldn't like eating at my house much, then. smirk

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1937806 - 07/03/14 05:31 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
As long as they are following proper dish washing protocol (per the 5000000000000 posts above, who know dish washing was such an ordeal but I digress...), who cares if the dog licks the plate?

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1937821 - 07/03/14 05:44 PM Re: Pet Peeves Snowgirl
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: Snowgirl
When we go out to eat and when I ask "where do you want to go" and the reply is "I don't care". Then a fight ensues because they don't want to go to certain places - ugh!

Perhaps you should ask "Where DON'T you want to go?"

Return to Top
#1937822 - 07/03/14 05:43 PM Re: Pet Peeves Retired DQ
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: DeeQ

Smokers:

I take it that covering your head with a plastic bag is not your choice? At least the smoke won't bother you then. wink

Maybe the smoker should be wearing the bag, just sayin' smirk smile

Return to Top
#1937823 - 07/03/14 05:44 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Nothing wrong with that RR and manimal... laugh

Return to Top
#1937829 - 07/03/14 06:00 PM Re: Pet Peeves Retired DQ
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: DeeQ

Smokers:

Maybe I am reading too much into this response but this smells of what is wrong with America today. The mentality here is I can do what I want, even if it interferes with other people.

I am all for people being able to smoke, even reducing the taxes on cigarettes. But people who smoke need to keep in mind other people. Hence why they have had their rights limited.

If people who want to smoke want to do physical harm (as DQ's response implied), then they should continue to see their liberties infringed upon.
Last edited by QCL-MamaBear; 07/03/14 06:03 PM. Reason: notification received

Return to Top
#1937849 - 07/03/14 06:27 PM Re: Pet Peeves manimal
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: manimal
As long as they are following proper dish washing protocol (per the 5000000000000 posts above, who know dish washing was such an ordeal but I digress...), who cares if the dog licks the plate?

The dog licking the plate is PART of proper dish washing protocol. They're the rinse cycle before it goes into the dishwasher. grin

Return to Top
Page 10 of 45 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 44 45