Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1937831 - 07/03/14 06:01 PM Reg CC Holds using Fiserv Integrated Teller
bropliance Offline
New Poster
East Texas
We use Fiserv Integrated Teller to create Hold Notices for customers. The software requires us to choose an exception reason (Large Deposit, New Account, etc.); however, the regulation states that a reason is not required for case-by-case holds. Our only option is to choose "Other" which is a free form field and either leave it blank or have the tellers type "case-by-case" in the field. The software will always have "Hold Reason(s)" printed on the notice, even if we leave the other field blank.

We think that both of the options might leave customers confused and asking questions. In the past we have always had the teller choose "Large Deposit" when doing a case-by-case hold, but we are afraid that examiners might site us for using an incorrect reason.

What do other banks do? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1937847 - 07/03/14 06:21 PM Re: Reg CC Holds using Fiserv Integrated Teller bropliance
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
I can tell you if you are FRB NY you will have a problem picking Large Dollar when it is truly a case by case. I would recommend you do what you suggested and have the tellers type in case by case, because that is truly what it is.

Return to Top
#1938873 - 07/09/14 03:19 PM Re: Reg CC Holds using Fiserv Integrated Teller bropliance
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Curious to hear from other FiServe banks to see how you are doing these and if your Notice of Delayed Availability screen gives you both case-by-case and exception hold sections? Ours only have exception hold reasons under the hold reason selection categories. If we mark "other" and type in case-by-case, then none of the hold details pre-fill with amounts and dates.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett