Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1942391 - 07/17/14 05:40 PM Subpoenas and such!
rescue me Offline
100 Club
rescue me
I need some help. I am reviewing Right to Financial Privacy and looking at our subpoenas. Does anyone know what we need to have to release the information to local attorneys? Do we need the Certificate of Compliance for everything other than Grand jury and warrants?

Thank you in advance.

Return to Top
Audit
#1942399 - 07/17/14 05:55 PM Re: Subpoenas and such! rescue me
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I am working a Right to Financial Privacy Act review as well. The RTFP only applies to the federal government and its agencies, minus a few exceptions.

The provisions of the Act do not apply at all to state and local government authorities. If the subpoenas from local attorneys are issued from your local court, I would say the Act does not apply so I don't think you would need to get a certification of compliance.

Return to Top
#1943294 - 07/19/14 12:17 PM Re: Subpoenas and such! rescue me
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
As noted, the RFPA only applies to requests/demands for information from the federal government. However, your state may have it's own privacy statute or even rules of civil procedure that dictate how you handle third party claims for information. You may want to re-post your question, sans RFPA references, in your state's forum.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z