BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
Thread Options
#1944338 - 07/22/14 08:54 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I hate going to buffets. I remember when I was younger seeing this lady at a buffet and sticking her hand in the dish to "try it" and then stuck it back in for a second time! That was it for me.

We will go to a pizza buffet for lunch sometimes but I will sit there until a fresh pizza comes out and will be the 1st in line to get a fresh pizza before anyone touches it.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1944350 - 07/22/14 09:03 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I guess the only "quirk" I can think of is like Queen Mum's. Except it is like that for anything I eat. I save what I like the best for the last bite.

Return to Top
#1944351 - 07/22/14 09:03 PM Re: Quirks Matt_B
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
Put Freak and ComplyYouMust in a room, bet they could talk for weeks about all of their concerns! laugh

::stares::

Return to Top
#1944361 - 07/22/14 09:11 PM Re: Quirks Queen Mum
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
When I open a package of Skittles I have to save the red ones until last. I like them the best and want to have the flavor to be the last I taste.

This is no Quirk this is sage advice based on empirical data that my research has confirmed to be true. wink

Return to Top
#1944373 - 07/22/14 09:42 PM Re: Quirks Sci_Comply
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Originally Posted By: Sci_Comply
I was telling my husband about this thread and he pointed out two others about me:

1) I am adamant that toothpaste be squeezed from the top down. He squeezes it in middle and doesn't always snap the cap shut so the cap gets full of gunk.

2) If we get a 6-pack of beverages that is held together by the plastic rings, I always cut the plastic into small 1" sized pieces so the birds/animals don't get caught in it. I remember watching a video in 2nd grade about pollution and it showed dead birds with those plastic rings around them. cry

There were more, but I think I've shared enough for now. laugh

I do both, too!

Return to Top
#1944375 - 07/22/14 09:47 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
When I put towels away in the linen closet, the folded side (not the edges) must be facing out. Paper napkins, too. Our napkin holder is upright, so the fold must be at the top...less chance of someone grabbing more than one napkin at a time.

Return to Top
#1944410 - 07/23/14 12:31 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I do that with the napkins, too. But, I really had no logical reason. laugh

Return to Top
#1944418 - 07/23/14 12:57 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
I love this thread. It is not often I can be part of a group and look like the "normal" one of the bunch. laugh

Return to Top
#1944420 - 07/23/14 01:08 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I can't believe it. Yesterday, the BM walked in my office and said: "I can't remember if I closed the garage door or not...I've got to go check it...brb" crazy laugh

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1944424 - 07/23/14 01:11 PM Re: Quirks RR Joker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
I can't believe it. Yesterday, the BM walked in my office and said: "I can't remember if I closed the garage door or not...I've got to go check it...brb" crazy laugh

if you had a bowel movement walk into your office and talk to you, i think you have bigger issues than if the garage was closed or not. You may wish to talk to your doctor about the psychotropic drugs he has you on! eek

Return to Top
#1944427 - 07/23/14 01:16 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Lithium? Yes, please. smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1944451 - 07/23/14 01:54 PM Re: Quirks Wolfy
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: Wolfy
I can't take the last cookie, or other food item, on the tray because I can't stop thinking how many times it must have been touched before I got there.

But for some reason the 2nd to last cookie is just fine. smile

I agree with this one, Wolfy. I also can't eat candy, chips, etc. out of a bowl that others have had access to--can't think about anything other than whose hands were last in that bowl. Every month our directors have big bowls of M & Ms at their meeting, as well as pretzels, etc. The leftovers always end up in the break room the next day. It pains me to leave those M & Ms alone but I just can't eat them!

Return to Top
#1944457 - 07/23/14 02:01 PM Re: Quirks Hoosierland
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
What's with the sudden topical obsession with BMs and M&Ms...jus sayin...? laugh

Return to Top
#1946321 - 07/28/14 02:14 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I think I may be a borderline hoarder. It's not like there are piles of stuff all over the house, but in the basement I have stacks of boxes full of stuff that I'm having trouble throwing away. I also have shelves full of books, including old textbooks, and shelves full of miscellaneous hardware and other types of stuff, making the basement look like a combo of Home Depot and Barnes and Noble.

I keep all of it, because, you know, I may need it someday.

I also still have most of the PCs and monitors and other computer stuff I've ever owned, going back to an early 90s Acer. I have a ton of floppy disks.

I have my 8mm movie camera and an 8mm projector that won't rewind, and my dad's 8mm projector that he bought in 1946. I have my dad's golf clubs. Dad's been gone 14 years, but yes, I have his clubs.

I have the crib we bought when my son was born. He's 31. I kept thinking I'd be able to use it for a grandchild by now.

We're talking about downsizing in a couple years, and I need to get rid of stuff, but every time I start, I end up just looking through it and putting it all back.

I may have a more of a problem than a quirk.

Return to Top
#1946344 - 07/28/14 02:38 PM Re: Quirks MyBrainHurts
Peepers Offline
10K Club
have a rummage sale

not only will you spend eight hours of your day (more if you have it over the coarse of a couple of days) sitting there but you will also take home a whopping $58.50 to show for it!

you will also have wonderful memories on how you and a prospective buyer haggled over $1 for some item

you can make a game of it, if they won't pay you what you want, smash it on the sidewalk in front of them so no one can have it

Return to Top
#1946462 - 07/28/14 04:34 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
MBH, you ought to see if Amazon would buy some of those textbooks. Apparently even older ones can sometimes bring $$$.

Return to Top
#1946473 - 07/28/14 04:57 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
sounds like you need to load it up and head to World Famous Gold and Silver Pawn in Las Vegas...

Return to Top
#1946490 - 07/28/14 05:12 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Don't bother getting a quote from Half-Priced books, unless you have some very rare editions. The price per pound will not cover the cost of gas.

Return to Top
#1946504 - 07/28/14 05:43 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
I collect old books. Old (even really old - as in 19th century) textbooks are at the bottom of the list for collectability and value. Amazon may ask and even get those prices but it's a cinch that you and I won't.

Return to Top
#1946512 - 07/28/14 06:02 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
The only reason I suggest Amazon is because I know someone who sold her husband's old college textbooks for a decent amount of money. I think they were engineering texts, although I'm not sure of that.

Amazon makes it easy to find out though, you can price it out on their website to see what they'll offer you. If it isn't worth your while, you're only out the time you sat in front of the computer. smile

Return to Top
#1946525 - 07/28/14 06:27 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I never knew you could sell books to Amazon. Thanks for that tip. But, I think someday, Goodwill might get a big delivery.

Return to Top
#1946539 - 07/28/14 06:54 PM Re: Quirks MyBrainHurts
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
I think I may be a borderline hoarder. It's not like there are piles of stuff all over the house, but in the basement I have stacks of boxes full of stuff that I'm having trouble throwing away. I also have shelves full of books, including old textbooks, and shelves full of miscellaneous hardware and other types of stuff, making the basement look like a combo of Home Depot and Barnes and Noble.

I keep all of it, because, you know, I may need it someday.

I also still have most of the PCs and monitors and other computer stuff I've ever owned, going back to an early 90s Acer. I have a ton of floppy disks.

I have my 8mm movie camera and an 8mm projector that won't rewind, and my dad's 8mm projector that he bought in 1946. I have my dad's golf clubs. Dad's been gone 14 years, but yes, I have his clubs.

I have the crib we bought when my son was born. He's 31. I kept thinking I'd be able to use it for a grandchild by now.

We're talking about downsizing in a couple years, and I need to get rid of stuff, but every time I start, I end up just looking through it and putting it all back.

I may have a more of a problem than a quirk.

My Dad was like this until he had to clean out my grandparents house. After moving tons of stuff and things and carp (3 different times) he went home and started tossing his stuff out. LOL He FINALLY got rig of Omni magnazines he's had since I was a child (I'm 38!). I do think he is still holding on to his Consumer Reports from the 90's. One step at a time.

Return to Top
#1946551 - 07/28/14 07:05 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Sci_Comply Offline
100 Club
Sci_Comply
I think this thread is making me paranoid. I've started noticing habits/quirks that I've never paid attention to before. Case in point: I was eating a bowl of Lucky Charms this weekend and I realized that I always save enough marshmallows to have at least one in each bite. Same with the raisins in Raisin Bran. crazy

Return to Top
#1946553 - 07/28/14 07:07 PM Re: Quirks cheekEE
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: MonkEE
(I'm 38

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited by HappyGilmore; 07/28/14 07:08 PM.

Return to Top
#1946566 - 07/28/14 07:23 PM Re: Quirks HappyGilmore
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I bought some grapes and washed them

I also bought some nectarines and apples but I won't bother washing them. Those have been fondled much more than the grapes.

Return to Top
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30