Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1947685 - 07/31/14 01:56 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? Sci_Comply
3-2-Go Offline
Gold Star
3-2-Go
East
Is there any watches that tell you the mile pace you are running?

Return to Top
#1947702 - 07/31/14 02:10 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Fourtwo, most all of the gps watches will provide that function. On the CHeap end is something like the Garmin 15 that runs about $170 and you can go up from there to about $500, depending on what other functions you may want.
You can also keep an eye out for last years models or used ones.

Return to Top
#1948228 - 08/01/14 03:33 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? RR Joker
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
So, what do you recommend for a watch-killer like me? Are there any that work on movement rather than the dreaded battery?

most Rolex work on movement ... does that help?

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1948974 - 08/05/14 02:35 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? RR Joker
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
So, what do you recommend for a watch-killer like me? Are there any that work on movement rather than the dreaded battery?

Depends on what you want it to do. If all you want is a watch, get a Timex Ironman. If you want a watch and HR monitor, get a Mio Alpha (on HR monitor that doesnt have a chest strap and actualy works), If you want GPS and all the bells and whistles I like the Garmin better, but if battery life is a big deal, Suunto's batteries last longer between charges.

Return to Top
#1948983 - 08/05/14 02:41 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1948997 - 08/05/14 02:50 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? edAudit
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

Wont work.....
It will attract sharks like fish lure!

Return to Top
#1949009 - 08/05/14 03:01 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1949689 - 08/06/14 04:46 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? Matt_B
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
I don't like that it uses my warmup pace when averaging out my pace for the run. I wish it wouldn't track the 5 minute warmup at all, but oh well.

Thanks Matt!!!
Last night when I began my run, this was my first thought. I thought, I wonder what my "run" time would actually be if I excluded the warm up. But then my distance would be less. Or I could exclude the warm up distance. Or I could track it separately.

Then my voice of reason (my husband) chimed in. "Or you could just start running and stop with the stalling." wink

Return to Top
#1949693 - 08/06/14 04:49 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: QCL
[quote=Matt_B]
Then my voice of reason (my husband) chimed in. "Or you could just start running and stop with the stalling." wink

Too funny!!! laugh

Return to Top
#1958827 - 09/03/14 02:01 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
HOLY COW! We did speed work this morning on the track and I am crashing HARD. I need some kind of pick me up...I had my morning snack early and just took some Emergen-C (warding off the nasty summer cold going around) but neither are waking me back up.

I'm also looking for my little sheet of paper that I was using to track my paces/times for intervals on this workout, but couldn't find it. This is why I track my runs in excel!!!

Return to Top
#1958832 - 09/03/14 02:12 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
RR Jen, you need chocolate milk. Or iced coffee. Or mix them.

Return to Top
#1958834 - 09/03/14 02:15 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Jen doesn't drink milk smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1958848 - 09/03/14 02:31 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Nope, I don't. Wish I could, I know it's an excellent recovery drink. I had a pb sandwich right after I ran and then some grapes as soon as I got to work. I've had hot tea, but it's not got enough kick. I may need some coffee.

Return to Top
#1958857 - 09/03/14 02:46 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
"We did speed work this morning on the track and I am crashing HARD"

you should try a mazda. A quick trip to the auto body shop good as new

CAMS

Return to Top
#1958878 - 09/03/14 03:10 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
How about a Coke with a doughnut chaser??

Return to Top
#1958880 - 09/03/14 03:14 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? RR Jen
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
HOLY COW! We did speed work this morning on the track and I am crashing HARD. I need some kind of pick me up...I had my morning snack early and just took some Emergen-C (warding off the nasty summer cold going around) but neither are waking me back up.

I'm also looking for my little sheet of paper that I was using to track my paces/times for intervals on this workout, but couldn't find it. This is why I track my runs in excel!!!

Spark or Rehydrate are my newest addictions. smile
J loves to use the rehydrate to fend off a hangover too smile www.advocare.com

Return to Top
#1958881 - 09/03/14 03:17 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
#1...that would lose the bet and cause an even bigger crash. Thankfully either the tea or the Emergen-C gave me the boost I needed. I'm awake now.

QCL...I've got a runner friend who likes Advocare. I'm not against it, I just try to stick to as much whole foods as I can. The grapes were a bad choice this morning, too much sugar but they were easy to grab.

Return to Top
#1958883 - 09/03/14 03:21 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
You know I was kidding! I'd never suggest Coke to anyone. Not the canned soda pop beverage version at least.

Return to Top
#1958899 - 09/03/14 03:35 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Try some coffee with an aspirin or excedrin migraine. Or you can do the same with strong tea.
Or have someone turn a snake lose in your office. You'll perk right up!

Return to Top
#1959227 - 09/04/14 02:26 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
And the sluggishness continues. This is odd. My run this morning was crazy slow and everything ached, so I cut it a mile short. My body needs to get on board with the fall training program!

On the "tracking" note...I've quit using Runners World's mileage tracker and am simply using Garmin and excel...3 was a little too much even for the OCD girl. Problem is, how do I track my shoe mileage. I currently have 3 in the rotation...my "good" shoes, my "rainy day" shoes, and my trail shoes. On Runners World, I could indicate the shoe worn and it tracked it for me. I don't see that option in Garmin (hello....we need an enhancement) and just color coding excel doesn't keep a running total. What does everyone else do? (besides not give a carp)

Return to Top
#1959237 - 09/04/14 02:41 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
If you have a column for the shoe you wore (grey, blue, etc.), you can do a SumIf formula to sum up by color (or whatever indicator you choose).

ETA: You'd have to actually type it in, not just color code the cell. Just wanted to make that clear.
Last edited by manimal; 09/04/14 02:42 PM.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1959246 - 09/04/14 02:47 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Hmmm....I could add a row maybe and add a code name like "blue" or "pink" and do the formula off that to total somewhere. I already have one for bike & run each day.

It would be easier if Garmin would just do the enhancement. smile

ETA...need to think about that formula...because it would need to pull the mile number from the row above. Thoughts?

Spreadheet basically looks like this:

Row 1 Date (weeks) MON TUE WED....Run (total) Bike (total)Row 2 Run 3 4 5 12
Row 3 Bike 10 8 18

SO if I add a row for Shoes indicating blue/pink/green...can I do an if then formula somewhere...maybe a column for current shoes?

If Row 4 = pink then give the number from Row 2?
Last edited by RR Jen; 09/04/14 02:52 PM.

Return to Top
#1959268 - 09/04/14 03:12 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I look at the bottoms of the shoes for wear, and my feet let me know if the cushioning is getting compressed.

Return to Top
#1959269 - 09/04/14 03:12 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
=(IF(C34="RG",C33,0))+(IF(D34="RG",D33,0))+(IF(E34="RG",E33,0))+(IF(F34="RG",F33,0))+(IF(G34="RG",G33,0))+(IF(H34="RG",H33,0))

By GEORGE...I've done it!

The formula gives me the weekly total of my Saucony Rides that are green aka my "rainy day" shoes. This one gives me the weekly total for my Saucony Rides that are blue aka my "new" shoes. WOO HOO!

=(IF(D34="RB",D33,0))+(IF(E34="RB",E33,0))+(IF(F34="RB",F33,0))+(IF(G34="RB",G33,0))+(IF(H34="RB",H33,0))+(IF(C34="RB",C33,0))

Return to Top
#1959306 - 09/04/14 03:48 PM Re: Runners, are you OCD about tracking your runs? QCL
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
TA DA! Very good. smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett