Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1947376 - 07/30/14 05:39 PM Another Date of First Delinquency Question
SunnyFL, CRCM Offline
100 Club
FL
We have a consumer credit dispute requesting dates - specifically for the “Date of First Delinquency”. On the copy of the dispute furnished to the Bank, there is no date shown in the “Date of First Delinquency” column that is being disputed. The loan was originated in 1984 and was paid in full in August 2013. The loan was chronically 30-60 days past due during the term of the loan. However, the loan was paid in full prior to the end of the month, so it did not show as 30 days delinquent when paid in full.

From what I am reading as the definition of Date of First Delinquency, it means “the date when an account became 30 days past due and was never paid, i.e. did not recover”. So although it says, “first” delinquency, that does not mean the first date back to loan origination, but the latest date it was delinquent before being paid in full. Would I be correct in that assumption? Also, to reiterate, there is no date shown on the credit dispute as “Date of First Delinquency”. Loan is paid in full, so it no longer reports to credit bureau as of October 2013. Please advise if you have any clarification on the DOFD when a loan is past due then current, past due then current, etc. Thanks.

(P.S. Another post under this same topic referenced a CRRG Manual. I am not familiar with what this is referring to.)

Return to Top
#1949383 - 08/05/14 08:41 PM Re: Another Date of First Delinquency Question SunnyFL, CRCM
Toto Too Offline
100 Club
Southeast
Date of First Delinquency is the first/earliest time the loan becomes delinquent without ever becoming current again. So, each time the loan becomes current should reset the clock so to speak. When that happens at my bank, the Date of First Delinquency goes back to blank.

If the loan was technically current when it paid out, the seven year drop off date starts from the paid out date in August 2013.

CRRG manual is Credit Reporting Resource Guide from the Consumer Data Industry Association (CDIA). Explains metro 2 data fields & reporting requirements. A great resource.

Hope that helps.

Return to Top
#1949498 - 08/06/14 01:49 PM Re: Another Date of First Delinquency Question Toto Too
SunnyFL, CRCM Offline
100 Club
FL
It does help! Thanks for the information.

Return to Top