Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1945318 - 07/24/14 05:37 PM Safe Deposit Box Entry-Recording ID
tango Offline
100 Club
Our Safe Deposit Box procedures require that the owner provide ID when they enter their box (assuming we do not know them). We do not, however, record the ID. Someone is suggesting that we record the ID, because if there is ever a question about whether someone unauthorized entered the box, we'd have evidence that the person was properly identified. Does anyone record ID when the owner enters their box?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1945366 - 07/24/14 06:32 PM Re: Safe Deposit Box Entry-Recording ID tango
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
We do not. If you have ID documentation scanned, just compare it.

Return to Top
#1945615 - 07/25/14 12:54 AM Re: Safe Deposit Box Entry-Recording ID tango
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
We do not, but am considering a thumbprint on the access ticket....

Return to Top
#1945688 - 07/25/14 01:22 PM Re: Safe Deposit Box Entry-Recording ID tango
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Everything you do in granting access to a box is intended to reduce the potential for an unauthorized access.

If your employees actually follow your existing procedures, requiring them to write down what they saw is truly pointless. It also creates a scenario where, if you require them to note ID, but then you have an occasion where an employee fails to do so, that becomes evidence against you where none would have existed otherwise.

There's a point in safe deposit operations where well considered caution becomes paranoia...

Return to Top
#1950802 - 08/08/14 03:43 PM Re: Safe Deposit Box Entry-Recording ID tango
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
We check ID but don't record anything. We require the customer visiting the box (all persons entering the booth/room) to sign in. We also time/date stamp it (an extra time clock is used).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett