BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
Thread Options
#1952699 - 08/13/14 07:11 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
If the pet peeve thread were still around, i'd add 'people that don't repair their pitch marks' on greens.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1952700 - 08/13/14 07:14 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Another one is playing partners who can't be still while you putt.

Return to Top
#1952703 - 08/13/14 07:16 PM Re: Quirks raitchjay
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I don't know, I kind of encourage that behavior because it gives me something to blame for my awful putting. smirk

Return to Top
#1952704 - 08/13/14 07:16 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
I willclose kitchen cabinet doors in other peoples houses if they leave them open. For example my grandmother is notorious for getting a glass and only half closing the cabinet door.UGH I can not stand it. I am constantly closing her cabinets. She just laughs at me ..... I do not think she is funny hahaha

Return to Top
#1952705 - 08/13/14 07:18 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I had 43 putts (i counted them) the last time i played. eek I would have had a good score with anything like a decent putting round.

Return to Top
#1952708 - 08/13/14 07:18 PM Re: Quirks raitchjay
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
If the pet peeve thread were still around, i'd add 'people that don't repair their pitch marks' on greens.

I was thinking the same.

Only thing worse is when those same people turn around and complain about all the pitch marks on the greens. mad

Return to Top
#1952712 - 08/13/14 07:23 PM Re: Quirks Bobby Boucher
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher

I was thinking the same.

Only thing worse is when those same people turn around and complain about all the pitch marks on the greens. mad

Another golf-related pet peeve: slow play, esp. when said slow play is caused by someone plumb-bobbing every putt, taking 3 practice swings before every shot...etc......all while in the process of shooting 150. No crime in being bad, but i can play bad in a hurry.

Return to Top
#1952713 - 08/13/14 07:27 PM Re: Quirks raitchjay
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Another golf pet peeve...when the group behind you tees off before you are out of the way and doesn't yell fore when they see the ball heading for another player. I had a ball land 10 feet from me on the way to the cart to go to the next hole last night. mad

Return to Top
#1952714 - 08/13/14 07:28 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Or they let you play thru...then don't let you get clear of them before they're already hitting into you. mad

Return to Top
#1952718 - 08/13/14 07:35 PM Re: Quirks RR Sarah
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Another golf-related pet peeve: slow play, esp. when said slow play is caused by someone plumb-bobbing every putt, taking 3 practice swings before every shot...etc......all while in the process of shooting 150. No crime in being bad, but i can play bad in a hurry.

Word!

Originally Posted By: RR Sarah
Another golf pet peeve...when the group behind you tees off before you are out of the way and doesn't yell fore when they see the ball heading for another player. I had a ball land 10 feet from me on the way to the cart to go to the next hole last night. mad

Word!

Last two times out we've been behind a group that treats every putt like it's for the win at the Masters. Both times, while waiting for said slow-pokes, the group behind hit into us. mad

Return to Top
#1952724 - 08/13/14 07:41 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
All of the above is why I only drive the beer cart around a golf course.
cool

For those of you who insiston eating candy in pairs/even numbers..what do you do if the bag, itself, has an odd amount inside...throw the extra one away? shocked

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1952729 - 08/13/14 07:44 PM Re: Quirks RR Joker
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
All of the above is why I only drive the beer cart around a golf course.
cool

You need to come up and drive the beer cart for us! Last night the beverage cart didn't find us until the 7th hole...and there was only four groups total on the course! I was mighty parched by then... laugh

Return to Top
#1952737 - 08/13/14 07:47 PM Re: Quirks RR Joker
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
For those of you who insiston eating candy in pairs/even numbers..what do you do if the bag, itself, has an odd amount inside...throw the extra one away? shocked

No! You have to keep going until it evens out. If you have to buy a new bag, thems the breaks. wink

Better question: sometimes you get a skittle that is deformed and roughly half the size of a regular skittle. Do you count this as 1, or 0? Do you alter this rule if you run into the predicament that Joker asked about above? smile

Return to Top
#1952740 - 08/13/14 07:50 PM Re: Quirks RR Sarah
Mr. E. Offline
100 Club
Mr. E.
New England
That's when you pick it up and throw it back at them or kick out of bounds.
Last edited by Mr. E.; 08/13/14 07:50 PM.
Return to Top
#1952741 - 08/13/14 07:52 PM Re: Quirks raitchjay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I had 43 putts (i counted them) the last time i played. eek I would have had a good score with anything like a decent putting round.

did you do any better on the 2nd hole?

Return to Top
#1952742 - 08/13/14 07:53 PM Re: Quirks RR Sarah
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...

goofball - the cure for this is simple. pick up their ball and throw it in the lake

Return to Top
#1952745 - 08/13/14 07:56 PM Re: Quirks HappyGilmore
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore

goofball - the cure for this is simple. pick up their ball and throw it in the lake

Well, I wasn't going to say anything but...that ball may or may not have ended up in the mosquito infested woods...

Return to Top
#1952752 - 08/13/14 08:02 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
That's the way us RR's roll!! grin

fixed for non-genderism purposes.
Last edited by RR Joker; 08/13/14 08:08 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1952759 - 08/13/14 08:05 PM Re: Quirks RR Joker
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
That's my fellow, RR! grin

RR Sara is a fellow. I need a scorecard for this. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1952761 - 08/13/14 08:07 PM Re: Quirks HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

I have been known to "return" it with my 5 wood.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1952767 - 08/13/14 08:15 PM Re: Quirks HappyGilmore
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK

did you do any better on the 2nd hole?

Sadly, it was almost that bad.

Return to Top
#1952772 - 08/13/14 08:16 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
My driving and iron play are still relatively good....my chipping and putting have gone to h*ll in a handbasket. I watch the pros.....a pretty bad day putting for them is like 30 putts...a good day putting for them is like 20. I had 43.....it was truly awful.

Return to Top
#1952781 - 08/13/14 08:26 PM Re: Quirks raitchjay
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
My driving and iron play are still relatively good....my chipping and putting have gone to h*ll in a handbasket. I watch the pros.....a pretty bad day putting for them is like 30 putts...a good day putting for them is like 20. I had 43.....it was truly awful.

Who are you trying to kid? If your iron play was any good, you wouldn't be chipping.

Return to Top
#1952782 - 08/13/14 08:27 PM Re: Quirks PATSGirl74
TXBSA Offline
100 Club
TX
Originally Posted By: PATSGirl74
I willclose kitchen cabinet doors in other peoples houses if they leave them open. For example my grandmother is notorious for getting a glass and only half closing the cabinet door.UGH I can not stand it. I am constantly closing her cabinets. She just laughs at me ..... I do not think she is funny hahaha

My husband has the same quirk. When we are at his mothers house she purposely goes into the kitchen and opens all the cabinets just to drive him nuts. laugh

Return to Top
#1952796 - 08/13/14 08:47 PM Re: Quirks MyBrainHurts
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Who are you trying to kid? If your iron play was any good, you wouldn't be chipping.

I didn't say my iron game was PGA Tour-ready.....but i hit them solidly still and hit i'd say 40-50% of greens in regulation. (Not sure if your tongue was in cheek or not.)

Return to Top
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30