Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30
Thread Options
#1943747 - 07/21/14 07:46 PM Re: Quirks HappyGilmore
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
I don't want my cereal to be dry-crunchy....if i wanted it dry-crunchy, i would just eat it out of the box. I don't want my cereal soggy though. There's a perfect balance between crunchy enough but not too crunchy.

pictures RJ dipping each individual froot loop or corn flake in a glass of milk, then gently wiping off the excess moisture before savoring each sugary bite

I should have quoted the quote above.....this was in response to the idea of only putting a little bit of cereal in the bowl because if you put a lot "it gets too soggy". I put a lot of cereal in a bowl, add the milk, have the first few bites be too crunchy...the middle bites are perfect...and the last few bites are too soggy.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1943749 - 07/21/14 07:47 PM Re: Quirks ComplianceDude
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: ComplyYouMust
Won't buy furniture with sharp corners. Has to be rounded. Night tables, bedsteads, dressers, desks, dining room table - in my house these all share a feature, which is that they have no sharp corners.

you should check into living in a bubble

Return to Top
#1943752 - 07/21/14 07:47 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Freak, i print out about 5 copies of my boarding pass...one in the book i'm reading, one in my carry on, one in my pocket with my wallet, one in the pocket with my cell phone, and one in the front zipper of my suitcase...and i check each one of them constantly

Return to Top
#1943758 - 07/21/14 07:51 PM Re: Quirks HappyGilmore
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I did the electronic boarding pass for the first time in March. I still had to print out a paper copy. And checked constantly to make sure the paper copy was in the front pocket of my bag while simultaneously opening my text to make sure I could still access my e-pass.

Return to Top
#1943759 - 07/21/14 07:52 PM Re: Quirks RR Sarah
Peepers Offline
10K Club
how are you people able to sleep?

Return to Top
#1943765 - 07/21/14 07:56 PM Re: Quirks 'Lil Freak!
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
Oh...and the same with tickets, boarding pass, ID before boarding a flight a flight...they get checked over and over and over....and then checked again to make sure they're in the right zippered compartment in my backpack...over and over and over...oh, and the gate assignment...let's check that thirty thousand times to make sure we got it right the first time....over and over and over...ugh...and I have a flight in three weeks...

Totally. A typical silent conversation with myself in an airport: "Gate D57. Let's see, that's gate D. 57. D57. So that will be on Concourse D. Which is not A, B, or C. Concourse D. Gate D57. 57 is probably at the end. It probably goes up to about 60. I'll probably enter by Gate 1. Probably. But it might be in the middle. I might have to turn left or right. D57. I need to find Concourse D. There's a sign for Concourse D. It was Concourse D that I wanted, right? Let's check. Yep. D57. D. 57. Heading towards D now. It was D57 though, right?"

Return to Top
#1943767 - 07/21/14 07:59 PM Re: Quirks Peepers
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Originally Posted By: Peepers

Not easily. If I find that the blinds are not perfectly shut just right with curtains closed over them and overlapping one another, I must exit the bed and fix that before going back to bed. Otherwise the tiny amount of light entering the room keeps me awake until I get up and fix it anyway. And I must wash hands after touching dusty curtains or blind-pulls. All curtains are dusty if the # of days since cleaning is greater than 1.

Return to Top
#1943768 - 07/21/14 08:00 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Sci_Comply Offline
100 Club
Sci_Comply
I only drink fountain soda or iced tea if it's Styrofoam cups. The ice lasts longer and my hands don't get wet from condensation when I pick up the glass.

Return to Top
#1943770 - 07/21/14 08:02 PM Re: Quirks 'Lil Freak!
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois

Oh...and the same with tickets, boarding pass, ID before boarding a flight a flight...they get checked over and over and over....and then checked again to make sure they're in the right zippered compartment in my backpack...over and over and over...oh, and the gate assignment...

Bingo. I really didn't think I had any quirks. I don't care how I eat stuff, I don't count things, I don't care where my clothes go in the closet, but then I remember the re-checking of the garage door, and now THIS! I realize I'm a compulsive re-checker.

Pre-flight, everything has to be placed in the right compartment, the liquids in their baggie in this one, the boarding passes and flight info in another, everything has it's place and I check it a half dozen times the night before. I check it again on the parking shuttle. I check it again in the TSA line.

I think it's because I'm responsible for all the details of the travel. I plan it, book it, memorize maps, make lists of restaurants, study useful words and phrases. So, it's 100% up to me to make sure we smoothly get through the airport and onto the plane. I'm a nervous wreck until the plane starts down the runway.

We have a trip planned in January. I probably should make a note to check tonight and make sure I know where the passports are.

I actually went into my home office the morning after booking the trip to make sure I hadn't screwed up the dates on the airline tickets. I'll check that tonight, too.

Return to Top
#1943786 - 07/21/14 08:18 PM Re: Quirks ComplianceDude
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp

Not easily. If I find that the blinds are not perfectly shut just right with curtains closed over them and overlapping one another, I must exit the bed and fix that before going back to bed. Otherwise the tiny amount of light entering the room keeps me awake until I get up and fix it anyway. And I must wash hands after touching dusty curtains or blind-pulls. All curtains are dusty if the # of days since cleaning is greater than 1.

Blinds folded up, or down?

Oh..and you could eliminate some dust factor by eliminating unnecessary curtains...that's what blinds are for!
Last edited by RR Joker; 07/21/14 08:20 PM. Reason: having a dpi kind of day!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1943791 - 07/21/14 08:23 PM Re: Quirks ComplianceDude
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Don't care how long you smoked it or baked it or grilled it, if the beef is still pink when you serve it, I'm not eating it.

YES!

Return to Top
#1943794 - 07/21/14 08:25 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
My son does the dry cereal and a glass of milk too.

CYM, please seek help, you need it laugh
Last edited by DD Regs; 07/21/14 08:26 PM. Reason: I too am having dpi issues

Return to Top
#1943795 - 07/21/14 08:25 PM Re: Quirks justsayjulie
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: justsayjulie
Don't care how long you smoked it or baked it or grilled it, if the beef is still pink when you serve it, I'm not eating it.

YES!

Absolutely yes! If I had a dollar for every time I've sent my plate back at a restaurant...

Return to Top
#1943798 - 07/21/14 08:28 PM Re: Quirks raitchjay
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Bathroom doors and toilet lids must be shut AT ALL TIMES. AT. ALL. TIMES.

In a home, a closed bathroom door to me signals "somebody's in here".

Yeah, I think the same way. And I'd likely stand outside the closed door pacing for 20 minutes before knocking.

Return to Top
#1943804 - 07/21/14 08:32 PM Re: Quirks Sci_Comply
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Originally Posted By: Sci_Comply
I only drink fountain soda or iced tea if it's Styrofoam cups. The ice lasts longer and my hands don't get wet from condensation when I pick up the glass.

You may be interested in a new product the company my hubby works for has developed...

http://ir.berryplastics.com/phoenix.zhtm...&highlight=

Return to Top
#1943811 - 07/21/14 08:37 PM Re: Quirks Peepers
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...

i went to bed at 2:15 this morning and woke up at 5...i slept very well, thanks

Return to Top
#1943819 - 07/21/14 08:44 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I don't want my cereal to be dry-crunchy....if i wanted it dry-crunchy, i would just eat it out of the box. I don't want my cereal soggy though. There's a perfect balance between crunchy enough but not too crunchy.

You should get some of that non-nutrative cereal varnish from Clark Griswold. It's non-osmotic. laugh

But I also need my cereal to have the optimum balance of crunchiness and milkiness.

Return to Top
#1943830 - 07/21/14 08:51 PM Re: Quirks RR Joker
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Originally Posted By: RR Joker

Not easily. If I find that the blinds are not perfectly shut just right...

Oh..and you could eliminate some dust factor by eliminating unnecessary curtains...that's what blinds are for!

Good point - if they are folded the wrong way, I have to fix them, day or night. I like them to be folded in such a way that the blinds reflect light back out the window, rather than letting half of it inside. I guess that is folded "up." And without curtains, there is a 1/16" or 1/8" gap between the blinds and the window frames, allowing too much light in. I need it pitch black to sleep well and so I hate the green light on the smoke detectors so I have it covered up with a piece of cardboard taped over the light so that causes me not to know if it has power so I have to look at it a few times a week to make sure the green light is still on even though at night I can still tell the green light is on.

Return to Top
#1943834 - 07/21/14 08:54 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Some of you would spontaneously combust or something the second you walked into my house.......

Return to Top
#1943835 - 07/21/14 08:53 PM Re: Quirks justsayjulie
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
I only drink fountain soda or iced tea if it's Styrofoam cups.

Not me. Always wondering if little bits of styro are floating in the drink and washing down my gullet.

Return to Top
#1943836 - 07/21/14 08:54 PM Re: Quirks Sci_Comply
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore

Tervis cups.

Return to Top
#1943839 - 07/21/14 08:55 PM Re: Quirks ComplianceDude
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: RR Joker

Not easily. If I find that the blinds are not perfectly shut just right...

Good point - if they are folded the wrong way, I have to fix them, day or night. I like them to be folded in such a way that the blinds reflect light back out the window, rather than letting half of it inside. I guess that is folded "up." And without curtains, there is a 1/16" or 1/8" gap between the blinds and the window frames, allowing too much light in. I need it pitch black to sleep well and so I hate the green light on the smoke detectors so I have it covered up with a piece of cardboard taped over the light so that causes me not to know if it has power so I have to look at it a few times a week to make sure the green light is still on even though at night I can still tell the green light is on.

The green light can go out at any time after you have looked at it. smirk

CAMS

Return to Top
#1943841 - 07/21/14 08:56 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
You cereal folks should really try the ComplyYouMust Milk First, Multiple Pourings of Cereal method. It is adaptable to the inherent crunchiness of any given cereal, as you can pour more or less cereal each time you pour, ensuring that no sogginess results.

Return to Top
#1943842 - 07/21/14 08:56 PM Re: Quirks edAudit
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
The [smoke detector's] green light can go out at any time after you have looked at it. smirk

Dangit!
Last edited by ComplyYouMust; 07/21/14 08:57 PM. Reason: shorten quote within quote within quote
Return to Top
#1943847 - 07/21/14 09:00 PM Re: Quirks 'Lil Freak!
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Oh...and the same with tickets, boarding pass, ID before boarding a flight a flight...they get checked over and over and over....and then checked again to make sure they're in the right zippered compartment in my backpack...over and over and over...oh, and the gate assignment...let's check that thirty thousand times to make sure we got it right the first time....over and over and over...ugh...and I have a flight in three weeks...

And don't forget to check your boarding pass against every Flight Status display screen you pass, one or more times for each screen. And to become alarmed if it is 2 hours before your flight and your flight still isn't listed.

Return to Top
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30