Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30
Thread Options
#1943871 - 07/21/14 09:27 PM Re: Quirks raitchjay
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
Some of you would spontaneously combust or something the second you walked into my house.......

Thinking the same thing. I used to think I was slightly neurotic but nope, I'm downright laid back comparatively.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1943877 - 07/21/14 09:31 PM Re: Quirks CompliantOkie
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
I have issues with socks. For example, I have three pairs of white no-show running socks; they have different color toes and heels. My wife sometimes gets the navy and black pairs mixed up. I can't wear socks that do not match even if no one can see the toes/heels with my shoes on. Just freaks me out and throws everything off.....

Return to Top
#1943884 - 07/21/14 09:38 PM Re: Quirks ComplianceDude
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Originally Posted By: ComplyYouMust
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
Oh...and the same with tickets, boarding pass, ID before boarding a flight a flight...they get checked over and over and over....and then checked again to make sure they're in the right zippered compartment in my backpack...over and over and over...oh, and the gate assignment...let's check that thirty thousand times to make sure we got it right the first time....over and over and over...ugh...and I have a flight in three weeks...

And don't forget to check your boarding pass against every Flight Status display screen you pass, one or more times for each screen. And to become alarmed if it is 2 hours before your flight and your flight still isn't listed.

You've seen me in the airport?

I also have to go straight to my gate, just to be sure it's where it should be and that the flight is listed, even if it's two hours before my flight. No stopping for food or drinks until I've verified the gate.
Last edited by MyBrainHurts; 07/21/14 09:39 PM.

Return to Top
#1943900 - 07/21/14 11:10 PM Re: Quirks 'Lil Freak!
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
I have issues with socks. For example, I have three pairs of white no-show running socks; they have different color toes and heels. My wife sometimes gets the navy and black pairs mixed up. I can't wear socks that do not match even if no one can see the toes/heels with my shoes on. Just freaks me out and throws everything off.....

Also, you never know which is heavier, the black dye or the blue dye. You could end up running in circles. laugh

Return to Top
#1943901 - 07/21/14 11:13 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I regularly wear two completely different socks. Today is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (left foot) and Before and After Pig/Bacon (right foot) sock. I find it's twice as much fun that way.

Return to Top
#1943906 - 07/22/14 01:21 AM Re: Quirks CompliantOkie
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie

I used to think I was slightly neurotic but nope, I'm downright laid back comparatively.
Me too! Gotta get my husband to read this so he can see that I'm far from quirky.

Return to Top
#1943915 - 07/22/14 12:22 PM Re: Quirks CompliantOkie
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Some of you would spontaneously combust or something the second you walked into my house.......

Thinking the same thing. I used to think I was slightly neurotic but nope, I'm downright laid back comparatively.

Me, three. I know 'normal' is a relative term, but some of the neuroses around here make me feel positively well adjusted.

(BTW - my house has pet hair, cluttered surfaces, mismatched blinds, open bathroom doors, and no curtains at all. Apparently my crazy focuses on things other than the state of my home. wink )

Return to Top
#1943920 - 07/22/14 12:29 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Obviously...VERY obviously, so does mine! I like our kind of crazy better! crazy

I did get to do the crazy laugh (muwahahahah, I think)and rub my hands together last night looking at the bazillion hair balls dancing around the living area and how I could ruin many people's day by exposing them to my madhouse! smirk

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1943965 - 07/22/14 01:41 PM Re: Quirks raitchjay
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted

laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1943969 - 07/22/14 01:42 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I right there with ya, Joker and Becca! These folks would die if they came to my house.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1943975 - 07/22/14 01:44 PM Re: Quirks RR Joker
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
Obviously...VERY obviously, so does mine! I like our kind of crazy better! crazy

I did get to do the crazy laugh (muwahahahah, I think)and rub my hands together last night looking at the bazillion hair balls dancing around the living area and how I could ruin many people's day by exposing them to my madhouse! smirk

Me too, I used to be a fanatic that everything had to be spotless when someone came over, or the world would come to an end. Now it's more like, if they don't like it, they don't have to come back. Life goes on, too many things to enjoy, the dust and hair balls will forever remain! Well not forever, I do clean!

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1943978 - 07/22/14 01:48 PM Re: Quirks JWills, CRCM
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: JWills
if they don't like it, they don't have to come back.

This. A home is a place to live in, not clean every 5 seconds. And when it comes to animal fur... what's that saying?

My dog lives here. You don't.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1943984 - 07/22/14 01:50 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I should clarify: my home isn't a pig-sty or anything, but i am a single guy living alone...i mean...everything's relative. There might be (ok, who am i kidding...there ARE) a few dirty dishes in my sink right now.

Return to Top
#1943986 - 07/22/14 01:51 PM Re: Quirks manimal
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quote:
Life goes on, too many things to enjoy, the dust and hair balls will forever remain! Well not forever, I do clean!

I'm sure we all clean...the dust and hairballs just keep procreating! smirk
Last edited by RR Joker; 07/22/14 01:51 PM.

Return to Top
#1943987 - 07/22/14 01:53 PM Re: Quirks manimal
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm right there with you Manimal. Plus I like my animals much more than I like most people.

Return to Top
#1943988 - 07/22/14 01:53 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
POST OF THE DAY, SKITTLES WINS!!!!

Return to Top
#1943989 - 07/22/14 01:53 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
I can not stand anyone (except my wife and kids) touching me. Don't put your hand on my shoulder and you better not try and hug me ... that gets pretty awkward pretty quickly.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1943993 - 07/22/14 01:59 PM Re: Quirks DoS
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Originally Posted By: DoS
I can not stand anyone (except my wife and kids) touching me. Don't put your hand on my shoulder and you better not try and hug me ... that gets pretty awkward pretty quickly.

{{{HUGS}}}

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1943995 - 07/22/14 02:01 PM Re: Quirks JWills, CRCM
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
laugh

Return to Top
#1943996 - 07/22/14 02:01 PM Re: Quirks DoS
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I can not stand anyone (except my wife and kids) .

Enough said laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1944004 - 07/22/14 02:09 PM Re: Quirks edAudit
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
I can not stand anyone (except my wife and kids) .

Enough said laugh

You're right ... I could have stopped there and still have the comment be accurate. laugh

:uncomfortable and awkward smile for Jwills:

Thanks smile
Last edited by DoS; 07/22/14 02:10 PM.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1944006 - 07/22/14 02:12 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
One thing I realized when I came back to work after being home with the kids for 6 years was that I had to lower my expectations. My house is not filthy but it's not museum-clean either. My dinners aren't always 5 star but they're delicious and made with love. I'd rather spend time with my kids, hubby, dogs and cats than cook and clean. My house is loud, messy and absolutely perfect for me!

Return to Top
#1944027 - 07/22/14 02:40 PM Re: Quirks CompliantOkie
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
One thing I realized when I came back to work after being home with the kids for 6 years was that I had to lower my expectations. My house is not filthy but it's not museum-clean either. My dinners aren't always 5 star but they're delicious and made with love. I'd rather spend time with my kids, hubby, dogs and cats than cook and clean. My house is loud, messy and absolutely perfect for me!

Neither my wife or I like clutter. We used to clean almost daily! That kind of all changed when we had our daughter. Toys are laying around, etc. We much rather spend time with her than to worry about picking everything up all the time. After she goes to bed, we will make sweep through to clear the path!

Return to Top
#1944029 - 07/22/14 02:43 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
my epiphany with having everything 'perfect' was when I remarried. My husband is not a slob, but he doesn't find it necessary to have all surfaces clear of clutter every night. I either had to learn to live with it - or live without him. I choose him.

Return to Top
#1944037 - 07/22/14 02:51 PM Re: Quirks DoS
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...

i'm not an overly huggy person either, unless, of course, Brooke Burke is wanting to hug...then i'll make an exception.

i also have worn my hair in a flat top crew cut, or buzzcut for the past 15 or so years...and still people feel the need to want to run their hands over it...it used to make me irritated, now i just return the favor to them...you'd be surprised how many women are upset that i would do that to them, never thinking that they had just done it to me...the longer the hair they have, the more i attemot to mess it up

Return to Top
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30