Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30
Thread Options
#1956344 - 08/22/14 08:47 PM Re: Quirks Hoosierland
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
Originally Posted By: califgirl
No, they just don't taste right. I know, they're exactly like regular chips only with ridges. No thanks.

I agree with you, they don't taste the same. My husband and I have this discussion frequently. He likes the ridges but never wins the argument!

I like to dip plain chips in ketchup. Delicious!

Yum!! Next best thing to french fries dipped in ketchup!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1957696 - 08/28/14 02:31 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
There is a right way and a wrong way to use the shower:

The right way (my way): Enter shower, turn on water in lower faucet and wait for it to warm up, then activate shower head. When exiting, you must turn off the WATER first, then you deactive the showerhead. In my case, twist off the water, then push down the button so it stops coming out of the showerhead. Some water will drip out of faucet maybe, but then it will stop. That's the only right way.

If you do it wrong, one of two very bad things happen:
1. You deactivate the showerhead while water is still blasting, and it makes a loud pop like something wants to break, and all that water shoots out of the bottom faucet, then you turn it off anyway. In addition to the unpleasant pop, you also caused the showerhead to leak small amounts of water for an hour or so, because you did it wrong. But this is the lesser of these two evils.

2. You turn off the water AND TOTALLY FAIL TO DEACTIVATE THE SHOWER HEAD. I get in the shower later, and turn on the water first (like any normal sane person would do), and cold water shoots out of the showerhead causing me to dance and yipe until I can get the showerhead deactivated.

Return to Top
#1957702 - 08/28/14 02:38 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I did bad thing #2 to my Dad once (and only once). Wow, was he mad.

Currently, I avoid this by having a separate shower with no lower faucet. I reach in, turn on the water, then while it's warming up, see what the scale says today.

Return to Top
#1957866 - 08/28/14 05:05 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
I once read that 93% of people who quote percentages just pulls the number from the air. . . . .

Return to Top
#1957922 - 08/28/14 06:50 PM Re: Quirks burkemi
Peepers Offline
10K Club
showers could kill me, I avoid them

Return to Top
#1958505 - 09/02/14 03:15 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Have to drink water right after I brush my teeth. Unable to tolerate the lingering aftertaste of toothpaste, yet must brush constantly.

Return to Top
#1958512 - 09/02/14 03:23 PM Re: Quirks ComplianceDude
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: ComplyYouMust
Have to drink water right after I brush my teeth. Unable to tolerate the lingering aftertaste of toothpaste, yet must brush constantly.

move to Arkansas...problem solved

Return to Top
#1958722 - 09/02/14 09:08 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Living/working near airports or anyplace where low air traffic is constantly overhead, because it will mess with your heartbeat etc. Besides haven't airport planners and homebuilders ever seen that episode of the Simpsons (#305) where air traffic is routed over their house?

http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/living-near-an-airport-could-be-bad-for-your-heart/

Return to Top
#1958725 - 09/02/14 09:12 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1958782 - 09/03/14 12:36 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I'm in a direct flight path to the airport about 3 miles from me. Sometimes I think they can see in my windows...especially the copters that like to attempt landing on top of the house. crazy

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1959732 - 09/05/14 05:20 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I'm sitting here in my office, just dumped a little serving of Planters Energy Snack mix (the one with peanuts, soy nuts, pecans, and almonds) and as I separated it out and ate the ingredients from least favorite to favorite, I couldn't help but think about this particular thread!! smile

Return to Top
#1959733 - 09/05/14 05:22 PM Re: Quirks Busy Bee, CRCM
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Originally Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM
I'm sitting here in my office, just dumped a little serving of Planters Energy Snack mix (the one with peanuts, soy nuts, pecans, and almonds) and as I separated it out and ate the ingredients from least favorite to favorite, I couldn't help but think about this particular thread!! smile

I do the same with my Skittles! ^_^

Return to Top
#1959738 - 09/05/14 05:34 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Don't sort Skittles into ingredients.

And definitely don't eat Skittles! eek Cannibalism is frowned upon, even in the Cooler.

Return to Top
#1959748 - 09/05/14 05:57 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Yes - please don't.

Return to Top
#1960415 - 09/09/14 04:26 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Don't want anybody watching me when I brush my teeth.

This started at age 15. A girlfriend of the time was standing there a foot away just watching me adoringly, and for no discernible reason, I somehow messed up the simple process, slopping toothpaste onto my hand and chin, causing her to giggle, while I said something like "I messed up" and then forever after avoided having anyone present during this private moment.

Return to Top
#1960576 - 09/09/14 08:33 PM Re: Quirks ComplianceDude
Peepers Offline
10K Club
but pooping in front of her is ok

Return to Top
#1960583 - 09/09/14 08:44 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
That's true love, baby! laugh

Return to Top
#1961130 - 09/11/14 01:54 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
I now know I’m not OCD, at least by comparison to someone who definitely is: today I learned that we have a family member who handles her kitchen trash as follows.

All food trash is washed down the garbage disposal – that’s rule #1. However, when removing, say, meat, from a disposable container, the container is washed with soap, rinsed, and dried, then placed into a plastic bag, which is tied shut, and often further placed into an additional plastic bag, which is also tied shut, and then placed in the refrigerator. It waits there up to a week, until trash day.

She only goes to the grocery on the morning of trash day, because her fridge is too full of things intended for the garbage can for her to do it on any other day. On trash day, she goes to the grocery store early, returning slightly before the trash service comes by. She rushes out with her kitchen trash to place it in the outdoor garbage can just a few minutes before the trash is picked up. Her outdoor can has no odor and seems about as clean as one that has never been used.

Return to Top
#1961135 - 09/11/14 02:00 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
three words

Plastic trash bags

CAMS

Return to Top
#1961174 - 09/11/14 02:52 PM Re: Quirks ComplianceDude
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: ComplyYouMust
I now know I’m not OCD, at least by comparison to someone who definitely is: today I learned that we have a family member who handles her kitchen trash as follows.

All food trash is washed down the garbage disposal – that’s rule #1. However, when removing, say, meat, from a disposable container, the container is washed with soap, rinsed, and dried, then placed into a plastic bag, which is tied shut, and often further placed into an additional plastic bag, which is also tied shut, and then placed in the refrigerator. It waits there up to a week, until trash day.

She only goes to the grocery on the morning of trash day, because her fridge is too full of things intended for the garbage can for her to do it on any other day. On trash day, she goes to the grocery store early, returning slightly before the trash service comes by. She rushes out with her kitchen trash to place it in the outdoor garbage can just a few minutes before the trash is picked up. Her outdoor can has no odor and seems about as clean as one that has never been used.

Your family member is not OCD. Your family member is batsh*tcrazy. There's a difference. Subtle, but a difference nontheless. laugh

Return to Top
#1961187 - 09/11/14 03:13 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Need spew warning BBB1!!!!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1961189 - 09/11/14 03:14 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Considering how my garbage can is currently stinking up the garage because someone forgot to rinse it before starting to refill it, I'm thinking batsh*tcrazy at least smells better. laugh

Return to Top
#1961223 - 09/11/14 03:55 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I realize I may have a quirk and have successfully passed it onto my son as I observed him doing the same thing.

Whenever going into a public bathroom, when I go to wash my hands, if the towel dispensor is a "Manual" touch to advance paper, i will advance the paper, then wash my hands and then remove the paper to dry my hands.

Then if the door is a "Pull" door, I will use the paper to open the door.

Return to Top
#1961327 - 09/11/14 06:27 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I don't know DD, leaving the paper towel exposed for too long allows bacteria to fall on it from the ceiling. laugh

Return to Top
#1961329 - 09/11/14 06:29 PM Re: Quirks E.E.G.B
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
What do you do if someone steals your paper towel while you are washing your hands and doesn't advance more for you?
Last edited by RR Becca; 09/11/14 06:29 PM.

Return to Top
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30