Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1957519 - 08/27/14 07:28 PM Re: What do you think about when you run? MyBrainHurts
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I really only focus on my breathing during races. If I did it other times, I'd probably be better at it. During races it's generally because I've got a side-cramp/pain and have to focus on a 2 second-3 second breathing pattern until the cramp goes away.

This morning's run I thought about work, and why the guy with all the tattoos and jeans halfway down his thighs was trying to "run" with his pit bull. Can't have been comfortable for any of them! The dog was at the end of his/her leash, but every step the guy took, he tripped himself up a bit and cut short his step, resulting in the leash jerking back and pulling the dog. It was just silly.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1957590 - 08/27/14 09:35 PM Re: What do you think about when you run? MyBrainHurts
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I'm not coordinated enough to think about breathing and moving my feet at the same time. If I starting thinking about arm movement, I'll get them out of synch with my stride. I start to look like a pacer at the harness races.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3