Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Thread Options
#1951548 - 08/11/14 04:17 PM When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ?
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
http://abcnews.go.com/US/vandalism-looting-reported-vigil-missouri-man-killed-cop/story?id=24923516

And, why does it always have to descend into looting?

Any excuse will do, perhaps?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1951558 - 08/11/14 04:26 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
My guess is that it is mainly opportunism. Sadly, it shows that some people only refrain from criminal activity when there is enough of a chance of getting caught.

Return to Top
#1951563 - 08/11/14 04:35 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
oh goodness, this type of activity has already been approved under the term "wilding" and is attributable to mass-hysteria-like activity, mainly in an urban setting, brought on by such horrible attrocities as your local professional sports team either winning or losing a title, the arrest of a famous sports star, the not-guilty verdict of a famous sports star, a guilty verdict of a famous sports star, any other excuse you can think of to get free stuff...

Return to Top
#1951573 - 08/11/14 04:52 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Police put on an impressive display of standing around talking in a parking lot, while the looting took place a couple blocks away. It's the major topic of conversation here today, since it's only 20 miles away. When the businesses decide to never reopen, there will be protest about the lack services in the neighborhood.

The shooting of that kid may well be unjustified, and the story from the police changed over time, but I cannot see the logic in destroying one's own community.

Return to Top
#1951577 - 08/11/14 04:55 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I've never been compelled, as an adult, to loot a store. It seems so barbaric.

Return to Top
#1951580 - 08/11/14 04:56 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
werd

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1951587 - 08/11/14 05:01 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Makes the movie "The Purge" seem not that far-fetched.

Return to Top
#1951613 - 08/11/14 05:38 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I fail to see how looting a store = protesting a shooting.

Return to Top
#1951616 - 08/11/14 05:39 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? RR Becca
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Ditto.

Return to Top
#1951629 - 08/11/14 06:10 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Sorry, but trash is always looking for and excuse to stink something else up.

Return to Top
#1951711 - 08/11/14 08:22 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Retired DQ
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Originally Posted By: DeeQ
Ditto.

I agree.

Return to Top
#1951714 - 08/11/14 08:25 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Sadly, the actions of these criminals has eclipsed the tragedy of this young man being killed.

Return to Top
#1951926 - 08/12/14 02:21 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Things did not get better last night. The police made a strong showing in Ferguson, and dispersed the crowds with tear gas. The looters, therefore, took their game elsewhere, with 10 carloads descending on a south city (miles from Ferguson) shoe store, and looting it.

At the same time, large scale fighting broke out in one of the St. Louis areas most upscale malls. Police responded to that in force as well.

The county prosecutor announced the arrest of number of the first night's looters, those that the police recognized from previous arrests. He said they were not from Ferguson, but had come to loot from North St. Louis.

Ferguson is not the kind of place where you would expect rioting. It's a nice, middle class, racially integrated suburb. It right near the airport. A friend of mine ran a moonlight 5k there in May. That all adds to the weirdness of the chaos.

I can understand the peaceful protests. Something smells about this shooting, and I'm glad the Feds are involved in the investigation. It's just a shame the thugs in the area have decided to use this as an excuse for unlawful, destructive behavior.

Return to Top
#1951931 - 08/12/14 02:25 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I know very little about this topic, but i thought it was classy for the parents of the young man who was shot to put out the statement they did in regards to not looting.

Return to Top
#1951937 - 08/12/14 02:31 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
what is really sad is I saw a news report that around 95% of young black men that are killed by violence in America are killed by other young black men. I'd like to see outrage among this community when any young black man is killed, not just if he was killed by a non-black - be they a police officer or anyone else. Until all of these senseless deaths are treated with equal rage, the violence will continue.

Return to Top
#1951940 - 08/12/14 02:31 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Traveling looters, not to protest, but to steal and destroy. Now that is classy.

Return to Top
#1952013 - 08/12/14 03:19 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Someone posted on facebook that the looters that hit the shoe store stole everything but the work boots.

Return to Top
#1952046 - 08/12/14 03:53 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
When some one got their chocolate bar in my peanut butter. smile

Return to Top
#1952072 - 08/12/14 04:15 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
The article I read yesterday said the race of the police officer who shot the man was being kept from the press. Of course, trying to keep it quiet is akin to pouring gas on the flames that burnt down that gas station the looters attacked.

No one outside the policeman and the other man there know what actually happened and they're not sharing with the media or the frenzy of people in an uproar about this.

Would the reaction be the same if a white 18 year old male had been shot?

Until the answer is 'yes' there's a lot of work to be done on both sides.

Return to Top
#1952102 - 08/12/14 04:38 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
^^^

Ha!

This world is twisted. Let's answer every officer involved shooting with accusations of racism. Does it exist, sure. But the next questions becomes, what happened to make the officer be so on edge? Could it be that the perps pushed him into his own darn car and tried to take his weapon? Or is that entire scenario completely made up?

Let's quit talking about this and go looting. I'm stealing the water bottle off the cooler. That'll teach you all!

CRCM

Return to Top
#1952926 - 08/14/14 01:41 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
The situation in Ferguson is getting crazier. The looting has stopped, but the peaceful protests continue, peaceful at least until the police decide that it's time for everyone to go home, and start with the teargas.

There was TV video of a couple of the protesters making a molotov cocktail, which was thrown, and though it didn't ignite, it hit an officer on his riot helmet. Another officer was hit in the ankle with a brick.

That's what provoke the gassing. Then they started the arrests. They arrested two reporters who were sitting in a McDonalds. They arrested an alderman who was sitting in his car, recording video. They are holding people overnight without charges, then just letting them out. It's all a very heavy handed attempt to intimidate the people into stopping the protest.

I remember well the riots during the Democratic Convention in Chicago in 1968, the teargas in Grant Park, and the beatings of the protesters. On a much smaller scale, Ferguson reminds me of that. I'm afraid we're in for a tough weekend.

Return to Top
#1952940 - 08/14/14 02:05 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Just saw some of these photos on the news this morning. Very scary I had been distracted from this story with the Robin Williams, many wars and Tony Stewart stories. Feels like this week is too crazy for me.

Return to Top
#1952949 - 08/14/14 02:13 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Adding on to the "crazy week" topics - did you see the one about the NYC officer who, in the course of trying to arrest a woman for public indecency because she was breastfeeding at a bus stop, caused her to drop her 3 month old daughter? The baby's skull was crushed in the fall. WTH is WRONG with people?

Return to Top
#1952950 - 08/14/14 02:12 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
buggs Offline
Power Poster

Return to Top
#1952952 - 08/14/14 02:15 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? RR Becca
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Adding on to the "crazy week" topics - did you see the one about the NYC officer who, in the course of trying to arrest a woman for public indecency because she was breastfeeding at a bus stop, caused her to drop her 3 month old daughter? The baby's skull was crushed in the fall. WTH is WRONG with people?

Some good news about this story

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/babydead.asp

it is fake

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15