#1954047 - 08/18/14 04:35 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? buggs
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: buggs
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Quote:
You need to follow your own path, but know this, sometimes your choice is made for you by another person or by circumstances.
Good lord I hope not. Someone or some circumstance may influence my choice, but by pure definition of the word, it cannot make my choice for me.

Try telling that to the folks who live near the QuikTrip in Ferguson or Iraq. You live a sheltered life, my dear.

I think you just proved her point. Many people live in and around Ferguson, Missouri that are choosing NOT to become involved with looting. They may not have a choice at the circumstances that have come to their town, but they certainly can choose how they react to it.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1954056 - 08/18/14 04:48 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I choose to live by choice, not by chance, to make changes, not excuses, to be motivated, not manipulated, to be useful, not used; to excel, not compete. I choose self-esteem, not self pity. I choose to listen to my inner voice, not the random opinions of other.

We all have the ability to make our own choices, not matter what anyone else does or says. We also have the right to our own opinions even if everyone else does note agree with us.

Just Saying.......

Return to Top
#1954061 - 08/18/14 04:53 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: buggs
- Getting divorced is a choice, don't get a divorce.
- Killing yourself is a choice, don't choose to kill yourself.
- Not killing yourself is a choice, choose to not kill yourself.

Say what? Buggs, I think you are confusing "the choices available do not appeal to me" with "I have no choice". Other people or circumstances do not make the choices listed above for you. They may contribute to making those choices seem more appealing, but they do not force you to take that action.

But I guess "I had no choice" stirs emotions much better than "meh, the other choices just didn't really speak to me".

Return to Top
#1954077 - 08/18/14 05:27 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
or better yet...i'm a victim of circumstances beyond my control, so it is not my fault that the choices i made were poor, as they really weren't my choices...

Return to Top
#1954152 - 08/18/14 07:01 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Different tactics in Ferguson tonight. No curfew, and the National Guard will only protect the police command center. It sure went to heck in a handbasket over the weekend, after looking pretty good Thursday.

Return to Top
#1954161 - 08/18/14 07:19 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
It is discouraging to see small business and shop owners arm themselves to try to save what they have built because the police, state troopers and national guard are on orders to not confront looters.

The world is upside down sometimes...

Return to Top
#1954164 - 08/18/14 07:22 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i guess a selfie only goes so far...

maybe all the business being looted should move out of town, close and never reopen...

can't wait for the lawsuits against the state police who sat in the parking lot as a store was looted and did nothing to stop it...

it would be nice if some of the so-called leaders of the protest would step up and say quit looting...instead of leading marches calling for the police officer to be killed...because nothing says peaceful protest like asking for someone's death...

Return to Top
#1954210 - 08/18/14 08:37 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
wish we knew why the state police sat in the parking lot. Was it their choice or were they under orders to leave protestors alone and just be a presence?

agree that nothing says peaceful like condemning before finding out the facts. I simply cannot believe that a cop would shoot without a good reason. The shots all being on one side of the body are definitely not target practice type shots. It seems like a reactionary pattern to me. That's just my opinion based on minimal shooting experience tho.

But the governor and the media and the parents' attorney have control over this whole situation now.

Return to Top
#1954264 - 08/18/14 10:10 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? HappyGilmore
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
or better yet...i'm a victim of circumstances beyond my control, so it is not my fault that the choices i made were poor, as they really weren't my choices...

Thats why I have my little quote I like

Return to Top
#1954786 - 08/19/14 06:53 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
the prosecuting attorneys office has confirmed that the officer involved in the shooting suffered a orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket...St. Louis Post-Dispatch is reporting that no fewer than 12 witnesses confirmed the story of Ferguson officer Wilson's version of the shooting...wonder why this is taking so long to be communicated to the masses assembled? (really not wondering, because of the pandering of state and federal officials, once they say no charges will be filed they will have significantly worse rioting...they have to find some procedural item they can hang on this police officer to try and appease the community...so in truth, there will be no justice, at least not for him). and once acquitted, he will never be able to resume life as he knew it before 2 weeks ago...

Return to Top
#1955380 - 08/20/14 07:13 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
More information:

Darren Wilson, the Ferguson, Mo., police officer whose fatal shooting of Michael Brown touched off more than a week of demonstrations, suffered severe facial injuries, including an orbital (eye socket) fracture, and was nearly beaten unconscious by Brown moments before firing his gun, a source close to the department's top brass told FoxNews.com.

“The Assistant (Police) Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side,” said the insider. “He was beaten very severely.”

According to the well-placed source, Wilson was coming off another case in the neighborhood on Aug. 9 when he ordered Michael Brown and his friend Dorain Johnson to stop walking in the middle of the road because they were obstructing traffic. However, the confrontation quickly escalated into physical violence, the source said..

“They ignored him and the officer started to get out of the car to tell them to move," the source said. "They shoved him right back in, that’s when Michael Brown leans in and starts beating Officer Wilson in the head and the face.

The source claims that there is "solid proof" that there was a struggle between Brown and Wilson for the policeman’s firearm, resulting in the gun going off – although it still remains unclear at this stage who pulled the trigger. Brown started to walk away according to the account, prompting Wilson to draw his gun and order him to freeze. Brown, the source said, raised his hands in the air, and turned around saying, "What, you're going to shoot me?"

At that point, the source told FoxNews.com, the 6 foot, 4 inch, 292-pound Brown charged Wilson, prompting the officer to fire at least six shots at him, including the fatal bullet that penetrated the top of Brown's skull, according to an independent autopsy conducted at the request of Brown's family.

Wilson suffered a fractured eye socket in the fracas, and was left dazed by the initial confrontation, the source said. He is now "traumatized, scared for his life and his family, injured and terrified" that a grand jury, which began hearing evidence on Wednesday, will "make some kind of example out of him," the source said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20/mis...wn-says-source/

Return to Top
#1955412 - 08/20/14 07:38 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
and local media now reporting that the person with Brown has recanted his original charge that Brown was running away and had his back to Wilson (which 3 autopsies already confirmed) and that Brown was in fact charging wilson.

Mo. Gov. Jay Nixon, not one to be daunted by facts, has called for a special prosecutor to vigorously prosecute wilson to the full extent and bring him to justice for killing brown. i'm sure as more facts come out he will say he meant vigorous investigation, not prosecution.

Return to Top
#1955416 - 08/20/14 07:43 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
If this is the real story then I feel sorry for Wilson. Can't really say the same for the rest in this sordid tale.

Return to Top
#1955422 - 08/20/14 07:47 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Sadly history shows that facts often do not matter in race wars. I hope things settle down we do not need more people hurt over this.

Return to Top
#1955429 - 08/20/14 07:52 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
sorry to say but some people need to be hurt by this in the form of criminal prosecution for stirring up the mob mentality that caused more damage. These people most likely do not live in Ferguson.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1955430 - 08/20/14 07:52 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Wolfy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Wolfy
race wars

i think this is a tad over the top...i hardly think the killing of one person constitutes a war...

Return to Top
#1955436 - 08/20/14 07:54 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: edAudit
sorry to say but some people need to be hurt by this in the form of criminal prosecution for stirring up the mob mentality that caused more damage. These people most likely do not live in Ferguson.

there is no reason to feel sorry for this...it should start with the race-baiting activists, include the Mo. Governor and state police, a U.S.A.G, and the guy who initially lied in is first statement to police about what happened that launched the furor...

and if the investigation does in fact show the officer acted improperly, or there was an attempted cover up of any sort, they should be charged as well
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 08/20/14 07:56 PM. Reason: clarity

Return to Top
#1955437 - 08/20/14 07:55 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? edAudit
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: edAudit

Not sure if it's true, but the local radio station said that only 10% of the people arrested since this incident started were from Ferguson. I feel for the local people.
Last edited by RR Jen; 08/20/14 07:55 PM. Reason: arrested for looting/vandalism

Return to Top
#1955441 - 08/20/14 07:57 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
If reports of the officer's injuries are true (and I am sure they are) why was this information not released days ago? Might this have quelled some of the ensuing violence? I truly feel for the family of Michael Brown because regardless of his poor choices, they are still grieving a son. The officer and his family are in my thoughts too as they must be terrified and unsure of their safety and future. Just a terrible situation and I hope that the grand jury views the evidence objectively and makes whatever decision the evidence leads them too.

Return to Top
#1955469 - 08/20/14 08:29 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Perhaps the police information wasn't released because they wanted to gather all the facts (or as many as possible) before making it public? IDK. Just sad all around.

Return to Top
#1955488 - 08/20/14 08:56 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Bacon Boy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i wonder at what point someone will take a step back and say "gee, the last X-number of times that claims of (insert type of outrage here) were made, every single instance was eventually proven untrue. maybe we should not rush to judgement and instead get all the facts before taking action."

I was almost able to type that before i busted out laughing and said "Yeah, right, Walter Mitty" to myself

Return to Top
#1955716 - 08/21/14 03:54 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
when i hear the professional protestors being interviewed, i can't help but think of The Mighty Ducks and when Gordon Bombay was teaching them to cheat:

"act hurt, get indignant, be offended"

seems like this should be their protest chant

Return to Top
#1955726 - 08/21/14 04:04 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Okie, apparently it doesn't matter when the information about the cop was released because I know it's not on national news. :sarcastic smile: They're too busy interviewing professional protestors. Wonder who pays these professionals?

Return to Top
#1955734 - 08/21/14 04:14 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Elizabeth Riding Offline
Elizabeth Riding
Kansas
Does anyone else think that the CFPB was institutionalized by the Social Security Administration to kill us all (by overloaded brain stimulation) before we can retire?

Return to Top
#1955736 - 08/21/14 04:15 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Truffle Royale
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Okie, apparently it doesn't matter when the information about the cop was released because I know it's not on national news. :sarcastic smile: They're too busy interviewing professional protestors. Wonder who pays these professionals?

You did by paying taxes, if they were employed they would not have time to pro demo. So most likely they are on some type of support.

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15