Learn More - Click Here!

Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38
Thread Options
#1969692 - 10/16/14 01:15 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I would not consider myself a prepper, necessarily, but I have a full freezer of meat we shoot and process ourselves, I have a full canning shelf of foods I process myself. I suppose, by watching those prepping shows, I don't have nearly enough...

We have a generator if power goes out and enough fuel for a few days and we use our own well for water. And then I have enough ammo and guns, swat gear, for a small army. Bring on the apocalypse.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1969693 - 10/16/14 01:17 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
So I could not believe what was said in my citation so

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion...pread_confusion

CAMS

Return to Top
#1969694 - 10/16/14 01:18 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us QCL
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: QCL
I would not consider myself a prepper, necessarily, but I have a full freezer of meat we shoot and process ourselves, I have a full canning shelf of foods I process myself. I suppose, by watching those prepping shows, I don't have nearly enough...

We have a generator if power goes out and enough fuel for a few days and we use our own well for water. And then I have enough ammo and guns, swat gear, for a small army. Bring on the apocalypse.

That may be the definition of a prepper laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1969706 - 10/16/14 01:37 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us QCL
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma

Us too! Currently researching ways to store enough fuel for about 2 weeks. Hubby's into prepping but not like the weirdos on TV. More like practical items that are easy to keep that could get us through a couple weeks without power or trips to the grocery store. I'm reluctant but I suppose if the apocalypse crossed the Red River I'll be grateful!

Return to Top
#1969713 - 10/16/14 01:47 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
I never thought too much about prepping as far as food goes but my wife is into that with her typical organizational flair. I'd always figured we'd bug out to the old family place which is large acreage on a lake. Good thing she's got the food/meds covered as we'd have been fishing from limb lines and likely eating armadillos, prickly pear and mesquite beans if it'd been left up to me.

Based on my hobby of shooting sports I can also do the whole small army thing.

Return to Top
#1969715 - 10/16/14 01:52 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: edAudit
(CNSNews.com) - said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.

well, that certainly sounds like a contradiction...

Return to Top
#1969747 - 10/16/14 02:30 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us Carolina Blue
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Originally Posted By: Carolina Blue
Cancer from the tire pellets in artificial turf.
Washington Post article

I play on the stuff twice a week. thank goodness I have more sense than to be a keeper.

Sorry to get stuck on this one, but wouldn't guys that change tires for a living really be in danger then? Or people that work in factories that make tires? It seems like a story designed to send soccer moms into a panic.

Return to Top
#1969754 - 10/16/14 02:38 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us QCL
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...

::makes note to keep enough fuel on hand to drive to QCL's house in event of the zombie apocalypse::

Tah dah!!! Prep work done over here!

Return to Top
#1969756 - 10/16/14 02:43 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Compared to the guys in SE Oklahoma that have underground homes built under the mountains there, that also have two years of ammo, water and MRE's stored in them...No, I'm not a prepper. But compared to everyone else..... Maaaaybe. laugh

Return to Top
#1969759 - 10/16/14 02:46 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Yeah!!! Jen's coming over if there is an apocalypse!!! laugh laugh

Return to Top
#1969761 - 10/16/14 02:48 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us Bankbb1, PITA
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
Compared to the guys in SE Oklahoma that have underground homes built under the mountains there, that also have two years of ammo, water and MRE's stored in them...No, I'm not a prepper. But compared to everyone else..... Maaaaybe. laugh

So you've been to McCurtain county too huh? smile

Return to Top
#1969764 - 10/16/14 02:49 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us QCL
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle

Hope she brings monopoly, there will be plenty of time to play.

Return to Top
#1969766 - 10/16/14 02:51 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us raitchjay
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: raitchjay

LMBO!! That is EXACTLY where I was talking about!!

Return to Top
#1969769 - 10/16/14 02:53 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us Bankbb1, PITA
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted By: raitchjay

LMBO!! That is EXACTLY where I was talking about!!

Can we really consider those people Okies? Kind of a different breed of folks livin over there.

Return to Top
#1969774 - 10/16/14 02:58 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us QCL
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA

Better give her a nonzombie password. Zombie's cant say tongue twisters. Better have her say "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers! If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked!?!"

I don't really know if it will do any good but it will be hilarious!! laugh
Last edited by Bankbb1, PITA; 10/16/14 02:59 PM.

Return to Top
#1969783 - 10/16/14 03:07 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Sudden adult onset allergy leading to anaphylactic shock.

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/anaphylaxis-symptoms-and-diagnosis-beyond-the-basics

Return to Top
#1969789 - 10/16/14 03:15 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us Bankbb1, PITA
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
All those who are big-time WWZ preppers, I just need your addresses, please. That way I can wait to do my shopping until after the event, and I won't need money. laugh

Really, the folks on TV who show the world how much they are prepared and exactly what they have and what their defense are - they are just the biggest morons. If you do that, you must do it secretly, or you're wasting your time. You're just hanging a "Hey, come get your free stuff here" sign on your front gate.

You also wouldn't want any friends to come over to your hideout to play monopoly, because you'd have to assume they were being followed by the ravenous horde. And mabye they'd remember the tongue twister password, but you'd also need to give them a full-body check for recent bite-marks. And let's please all agree not to be the jerk who lies and says he wasn't bitten, even though he really was and is slowly transforming into one.

Return to Top
#1969796 - 10/16/14 03:24 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: ComplyYouMust

You also wouldn't want any friends to come over to your hideout to play monopoly, because you'd have to assume they were being followed by the ravenous horde. And mabye they'd remember the tongue twister password, but you'd also need to give them a full-body check for recent bite-marks. And let's please all agree not to be the jerk who lies and says he wasn't bitten, even though he really was and is slowly transforming into one.

My car is super fast...they wouldn't be able to catch me. smile

Return to Top
#1969799 - 10/16/14 03:25 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
And Jen is already an avid believer in rule #1 of the Zombiepocalypse: Cardio. grin

Return to Top
#1969803 - 10/16/14 03:30 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I have always wondered how will the preppers have enough time to get into these bunkers?

Prepper is visiting grandma (or at the store stocking up on more prepper supplies) and finds out about N bomb blast incoming he has a few seconds. He should have spent the money when he was alive.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1969808 - 10/16/14 03:33 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us edAudit
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
(CNSNews.com) - Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else. http://cnsnews.com/news/article/brittany-m-hughes/cdc-you-can-give-can-t-get-ebola-bus

There is some seriously tricky double-talk there: “I think there are two different parts of that equation,” he continued. “The first is, if you’re a member of the traveling public and are healthy, should you be worried that you might have gotten it by sitting next to someone? And the answer is no." “Second, if you are sick and you may have Ebola, should you get on a bus? And the answer to that is also no. You might become ill, you might have a problem that exposes someone around you,” he said."

All that first part says to me is...
- The concepts of having Ebola and being "healthy" are mutually exclusive. So he's saying something basic and profound and trying to make it sound like advice: If you are healthy, you don't have it. Duh.
- If you are healthy, then you shouldn't be worried about whether you have it. If you had it, you wouldn't be healthy. So if you don't have it, you are hereby requested not to worry.

Return to Top
#1969813 - 10/16/14 03:40 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
How about the cured doctor who is now healthy and traveling the country giving blood to the affected people. Should he not travel by plane since he was exposed? Now that he is carrying the Ebola antibodies is he technically Ebola an Ebola carrier?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1969820 - 10/16/14 03:52 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us edAudit
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
I have always wondered how will the preppers have enough time to get into these bunkers?

Prepper is visiting grandma (or at the store stocking up on more prepper supplies) and finds out about N bomb blast incoming he has a few seconds. He should have spent the money when he was alive.

You obviously do not have the Zombie Apocalypse Countdown timer.....amatuer.
cool

Return to Top
#1969823 - 10/16/14 03:54 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us edAudit
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
How about the cured doctor who is now healthy and traveling the country giving blood to the affected people. Should he not travel by plane since he was exposed? Now that he is carrying the Ebola antibodies is he technically Ebola an Ebola carrier?

Isn't he like someone who has had chickenpox? He can't get it or give it, but he has developed an amunity to it?

Return to Top
#1969826 - 10/16/14 03:55 PM Re: Everything is Going to Kill Us ComplianceDude
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
You cannot become a zombie by sitting next to a zombie on a bus, but zombies should not ride public transportation because they could zombiefy someone else. laugh

Return to Top
Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38