Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1960219 - 09/08/14 09:23 PM Re: What does your pet eat? Retired DQ
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I take some comfort in the bobcat actually eating the chickens and guessing from the volume of chickens lost feeding her young. I hate raccoons. They take only the head and leave the rest to rot. They're really terrible creatures so I was happy to see our resident raccoon meet an untimely end via truck. I hate for the chickens to suffer regardless of what kills them. I've got 1 chicken that is brilliant though. She's survived 2 years because she's smart enough to sleep up as high as she can get. If only the rest were that smart...

Return to Top
#1960226 - 09/08/14 09:47 PM Re: What does your pet eat? Retired DQ
mtngrrl Offline
Platinum Poster
mtngrrl
Northern California
Raccoons are awful. Last year a family of raccoons took out our entire garden and every potted plant around our house - multiple times. Digging into plants looking for grubs, so they were pulling potted plants out of their pots, digging in around newly planted trees, etc. We ended up with a combination of bricks, big rocks, and gopher wire in every pot, and even then they were able to get into some of them.

Word to the wise if you're trying to trap raccoons - they love chocolate. Before someone told us to use chocolate we were using cat food. Yup--trapped our own cats many times... but the cats never went for the chocolate!

Return to Top
#1960232 - 09/08/14 09:56 PM Re: What does your pet eat? mtngrrl
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Thanks for the tip! Think our raccoon problem is temporarily under control but I know more will come. I'll remember chocolate!!

Return to Top
#1960248 - 09/09/14 01:03 AM Re: What does your pet eat? Retired DQ
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
We had a raccoon eat a hole the size of a bowling ball in our roof. She was trying to get into the rafters to make a nest.

Peanut butter worked for the 'coons here. Husband live trapped them and then drove them way far away. Last one was bigger than my dogs. He was sitting on the porch railing when I was going to take them out one night. Decided we could all wait. :eer:

So far this year, they're staying across the street at the neighbors'. Fine by me!

Return to Top
#1960361 - 09/09/14 03:28 PM Re: What does your pet eat? Retired DQ
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
One of my dogs ate about 40 chickens somehow, or maybe she buried some around the house and I just never knew it. All in about 2 days. One rooster was saavy enough to outlast them all and lived for quite awhile before I finally saw him in her mouth one final time and her running across the barn lot. She had him by the back and I swear he looked like Foghorn Leghorn wings kinda spread, feet sticking out and a look you'd never forget on his face.

Poor rooster. frown

{Becca...it was Belle} grin
Last edited by RR Joker; 09/09/14 03:29 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1960617 - 09/09/14 10:07 PM Re: What does your pet eat? Retired DQ
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Dog (now deceased) loved to eat poopsicles in the winter. Cat version, a kind of heath/crunch bar poopsicle, was a real treat for her. She also ate cider donuts and pizza and any kind of meat she could steal. Lived a long life in spite of it. All that exercise helped to digest this stuff, I think.

Cat likes spicy tomato sauce (no onions, I know), any dairy product, small bits of steak and pork chops, the occasional bird, mouse, mole and chipmunk and, darn it, bunnies. Old kitty now. The creatures know she is slowing down and can't catch them. Moved on to the occasional beetle.

Return to Top
#1961017 - 09/10/14 09:00 PM Re: What does your pet eat? Retired DQ
jaenelle Offline
Kansas
My cat once ate an entire stick of butter.

My dog also used to regularly eat my underpants.

Return to Top
#1961027 - 09/10/14 09:05 PM Re: What does your pet eat? Retired DQ
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Our cat eats peanut butter....daily.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4