Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1962527 - 09/17/14 03:29 PM Cash Dispenser vs Cash Recycler
hatman Offline
We're considering purchasing a cash recycler. We currently have a cash dispenser at one of our branches and it works great. We thought maybe a cash recycler is a little more cost efficient now than when we bought the dispenser. I am concerned that if a new teller is trained on the dispenser and then he/she later needs to fill in at a branch that doesn't have a dispenser, how well would he/she be able to perform his/her job. Any pros or cons for recyclers/dispensers? Thanks.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1962861 - 09/18/14 04:00 PM Re: Cash Dispenser vs Cash Recycler hatman
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
Having started my career in banking as a teller, I would train without the dispenser first and then do the dispenser training. I loved the dispenser, we did not ever use a recycler so I am not versed on those. You can really get dependent on those dispensers and we had times when they did not work and it really slowed the tellers down.

Return to Top
#1963154 - 09/19/14 02:34 PM Re: Cash Dispenser vs Cash Recycler hatman
SeekingKnowledge Offline
100 Club
SeekingKnowledge
SC
I would like to echo Sun Shine Lady's comments. Cash dispensers, or any other machine (currency counters, etc) designed to speed up teller processing, can be a great asset to your teller line. However, IMHO it is the natural tendency for tellers to become dependent on them. Training tellers to count currency or process transactions by hand at first and then allowing them to use the dispenser later may help prevent them from being too dependent on a machine to do all the work. Frequently rotating tellers on and off such machines also allows them to refresh their skills so to speak.

Return to Top
#1963359 - 09/19/14 06:53 PM Re: Cash Dispenser vs Cash Recycler hatman
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
Ditto. Train "real" teller skills first. I like the recyclers and shouldn't take but maybe 30 minutes before the branch opens to train a teller that has never seen one before. Stick the money on top, it counts and imports the amount to the teller screen, and that's it. For cash out, plug denominations into the teller system, hit the enter key, and those denoms spit out.

Return to Top