the quadruplet grandkids turn 7 on their birthday

confused

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1947664 - 07/31/14 01:16 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
My daughter made the Dean's List for the spring semester while working 2 jobs. There were sometimes she went weeks without a day off. Most Fridays worked all day at the bank and then that evening at the pizza shop. She leaves for main campus the last week of August (an hour away) but will still be working Fridays and Saturdays.

I'm not sure if I am more proud of her grades or her work ethic at this point. The fact that she is working hard and paying some of her own expenses makes me feel better about trying to help her get through school with as little debt as possible.

Return to Top
#1947668 - 07/31/14 01:17 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Nice, Thomas. smile

Return to Top
#1947682 - 07/31/14 01:49 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Wonderful, Thomas. I know you're extremely proud.

Return to Top
#1959093 - 09/03/14 08:56 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Son had a great day yesterday...Was elected Student Body VP as a JR, then had another great Soccer game in the goal. His team is 4-0 and he is averaging 0.9 goals allowed per game, blocked a PK that would have tied the game. Local TV featured him in the highlight reals. Called him "A Brick Wall".

Return to Top
#1959257 - 09/04/14 02:56 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
That's awesome DD Regs!

Return to Top
#1959361 - 09/04/14 05:08 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread DD Regs
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
Son had a great day yesterday...Was elected Student Body VP as a JR, then had another great Soccer game in the goal. His team is 4-0 and he is averaging 0.9 goals allowed per game, blocked a PK that would have tied the game. Local TV featured him in the highlight reals. Called him "A Brick Wall".
My oldest daughter played goalie, and there is nothing better than watching them succeed where so many others are afraid to go. Congratulations! I hope your son has a great season.

Return to Top
#1959377 - 09/04/14 05:42 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Soccer isn't his sport of choice. (Baseball and Basketball are 1,2) He only joined the soccer team cause they were needing players and his Best Friend is on the team. I encouraged him to be goalie to protect his knees and ankles from injury.

It is funny, cause when he comes home from a game, he will run 2 miles, cause he feels he didn't get enough action at the games. laugh

Return to Top
#1959868 - 09/05/14 08:34 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
My 9th grade daughter this past weekend defended her title as the Nebraska Junior Class A Girls State Champion in Horseshoes. The defending Junior boys champion was sick this past weekend and could not attend (her little brother). smile

Return to Top
#1959870 - 09/05/14 08:46 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Ah, a lost art around these parts...cornhole has taken over as a favorite yard game.

Return to Top
#1959877 - 09/05/14 09:17 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread DD Regs
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Did you just make that up? Cornhole, really?

Return to Top
#1959878 - 09/05/14 09:18 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
It is a big thing. Here is their site.

http://www.playcornhole.org/rules.shtml

Return to Top
#1959881 - 09/05/14 09:20 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread DD Regs
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
I knew I moved here for a reason.

Too bad I missed the NE Fair....would have been fun for my kids to watch yours, Cornhusker. Congrats, by the way.

Last edited by Cornfed Turtle; 09/05/14 09:21 PM. Reason: talking to two people in one post!
Return to Top
#1959887 - 09/05/14 09:28 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I had never heard of cornhole until I moved here.

Return to Top
#1959894 - 09/05/14 09:34 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Didn't we have the cornhole discussion about a year ago? Maybe that was a different forum.

No it was here:

http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1244324&page=3

Return to Top
#1960037 - 09/08/14 04:46 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
My 16 year old son just finished up fair season. This was his first year taking an animal and he took a steer (Go big or Go home, he said!). He placed 3rd in the Market Class, got Grand Champion in Showmanship, 2nd in Herdsmanship (Animal Stall Cleanliness), and was able to participate in the Round Robin competition (where he also had to show a sheep, goat, horse, and hog). I am really really proud of him and how hard he worked. He'll make at least $4,000 profit...not too shabby for a teenager! He's planning on paying off the balance owed to Great Grandpa for his pickup truck and using the rest to buy next year's steer calves. Mom and Dad are proud!! smile

Return to Top
#1960044 - 09/08/14 04:50 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
::like::

Return to Top
#1960105 - 09/08/14 06:29 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I cannot tell you how many times certain posters have hit notify on me for discussing cornhole.

So be careful, although it is quickly becoming a national pasttime!

Return to Top
#1961014 - 09/10/14 08:58 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
jaenelle Offline
Kansas
My second grader's gotten 100% on all her spelling tests so far.

She's also gotten an award several times for being especially nice, friendly, easy to get along with.

Return to Top
#1961029 - 09/10/14 09:06 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread jaenelle
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
That's great! smile

Return to Top
#1961030 - 09/10/14 09:07 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
That's awesome....she sounds like a great kid.

Return to Top
#1961042 - 09/10/14 09:14 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread raitchjay
jaenelle Offline
Kansas
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
That's awesome....she sounds like a great kid.

She's great! I'm really proud of her. We moved this summer, and so it's a new school with all new kids, much bigger than her old one, and she's really settled in well.

Return to Top
#1963442 - 09/19/14 09:04 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
The school district where my son goes offers some great career focused classes for students to take as an alternative to conventional classes. My son wants to be a fire fighter and the district offers a Fire Sciences program that takes the place of PE and math. It's an outstanding program. He spends every afternoon at the fire station and when's he's done, he'll be certified to fight wild lands fires and a couple other types of fires that I can't remember right now. Anyway, he was named Captain yesterday for this school year. They don't typically give that position to a first year student, but since he has taken the summer program twice and is involved in the local search and rescue team, he was given the role. Really proud of him for this accomplishment! I told him it'll look really good on a resume (trying to find a job now) and when he applies to the state's Fire Training Academy after high school. I am so, so grateful that he's got some direction at a young age and knows what he wants to do. He seems to be so focused on becoming a firefighter and paramedic that it keeps him in line and away from the "party scene". Don't get me wrong...he can get himself in trouble for things like lying or for being disrespectful or for not doing what's asked around the house, but overall, I am so blessed that he's got his head on straight! It makes parenting a teenager a little easier! smile

Return to Top
#1963448 - 09/19/14 09:26 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
that is a really neat program! congrats to the kid!

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1963457 - 09/19/14 09:45 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Busy Bee, CRCM
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM
The school district where my son goes offers some great career focused classes for students to take as an alternative to conventional classes. My son wants to be a fire fighter and the district offers a Fire Sciences program that takes the place of PE and math. It's an outstanding program. He spends every afternoon at the fire station and when's he's done, he'll be certified to fight wild lands fires and a couple other types of fires that I can't remember right now. Anyway, he was named Captain yesterday for this school year. They don't typically give that position to a first year student, but since he has taken the summer program twice and is involved in the local search and rescue team, he was given the role. Really proud of him for this accomplishment! I told him it'll look really good on a resume (trying to find a job now) and when he applies to the state's Fire Training Academy after high school. I am so, so grateful that he's got some direction at a young age and knows what he wants to do. He seems to be so focused on becoming a firefighter and paramedic that it keeps him in line and away from the "party scene". Don't get me wrong...he can get himself in trouble for things like lying or for being disrespectful or for not doing what's asked around the house, but overall, I am so blessed that he's got his head on straight! It makes parenting a teenager a little easier! smile

That is just awesome!!

Return to Top
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22