Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1952037 - 08/12/14 03:48 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
The "Witnesses" I heard IMHO are looking for the 15 minutes of fame. They were "Friends" making again IMHO emotional assumptions. There accounts do not match what are on video.

CBS, ESPN and other sport show attornis are correct, they can make a case, shoot every one could, but will it stick in court is another question.

As Happy said earlier, unless Tony says "yeah, i ran him over on purpose" or "i was just gassing the car to scare him, i didn't mean to hit him" they will not have a case.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1952050 - 08/12/14 03:55 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
The guy walked onto the track! It's sad that he was killed but what exactly did he think was going to happen?

Return to Top
#1952103 - 08/12/14 04:38 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Not to mention it was night and he was wearing black. IMHO, stupidity killed that young man. It's ironic that it was Tony's car at just that point, but the other guy should not have left his car. He was young, hot-headed, and made a poor choice.

Return to Top
#1952144 - 08/12/14 05:16 PM Re: Tony Stewart BBoyd
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: BBoyd
He was young, hot-headed, and made a poor choice.
This probably applies in the Missouri looting thread too but then the masses would have nothing to be in an uproar about.

Return to Top
#1952148 - 08/12/14 05:19 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
But their poor choices are someone else s fault

CAMS

Return to Top
#1952149 - 08/12/14 05:20 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Are we talking about the poor choices of the looters (a given) or the "poor choices" of the young man killed by the police? Does anyone know yet the details of his killing?

Return to Top
#1952155 - 08/12/14 05:24 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I will go with looters as they are the only ones that know the truth :sarcasm font:

CAMS

Return to Top
#1952165 - 08/12/14 05:30 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Sorry to say MS but Sharpton is on his way (NY does the happy dance).

CAMS

Return to Top
#1952228 - 08/12/14 05:57 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
well, with Sharpton on the case, i'm sure the truth will come out quickly, much as in the Tawana Brawley case it came out...

Return to Top
#1952448 - 08/13/14 01:51 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
another point of view

http://nypost.com/2014/08/12/cousin-of-driver-stewart-injured-last-year-wants-him-banned/

Cooper said it was clear to him that Stewart was trying to teach the younger driver a lesson by “stoning’’ him with mud, or getting close enough to spray dirt on him. Only things went horribly awry.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1952465 - 08/13/14 02:04 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
well, that is certainly unbiased reporting:

where he mowed down a rival

Return to Top
#1953117 - 08/14/14 05:53 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
SLU Voice Offline
Gold Star
SLU Voice
Hammond, LA
Not a fan of Tony Stewart, and only a casual fan of NASCAR. Someone quoted above, "...but what I did is I ignored any obvious risk." This quote is about Stewart. The one who ignored any obvious risk is Kevin Ward, Jr. He should have not have ran down the track. I would think Kevin Ward, Jr. will be among the 2014 Darwin award winners. Perhaps it is because Ward was so inexperienced that this happened. He should have taken a page out of Danica Patrick's playbook; just whine after the race about how the other guy forced you out.

Return to Top
#1953126 - 08/14/14 06:00 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
No matter what the outcome, there will be nothing that can be done to ease the pain of both families. Young and hotheaded does not have to be Young and dead. I am sure Tony Stewart is reliving what happened and wishes things would have gone differently. Some things that happen cannot be undone, right or wrong.

Return to Top
#1953192 - 08/14/14 07:24 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
The bummer for the sport of racing is that Tony has now for ever changed 2 peoples lives and their families at that one track as a result of putting other drivers in the wall.

Return to Top
#1953198 - 08/14/14 07:34 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
A NASCAR champion he should be mentoring the younger drivers and not taking them into the wall.

I think that that is one my issues with this (we can debate the hitting of the driver out of the car until we are blue but only he know his intent) but did he really need to win that bad to put him (and the other girl) in the wall?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1953202 - 08/14/14 07:46 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
He didn't put the kid into the wall. The kid was in a space he should not have been. If you watch, Tony's car did not even touch the kids car.

The kid was trying to pass out of the groove. These Sprint cars slide around the turns and drift up. He (the kid) put himself in a bad place, trying to force a pass. Much like a race at bristol. If you are not pass the door going into the turn, you let up. The kid wasn't far enough pass tony to stay in the gas.

Again, an aggressive move that cost him his car.

A later aggressive move, cost him his life. (There is a pattern)

Return to Top
#1953207 - 08/14/14 07:52 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
from what I saw (could have been the camera angle) it appeared that Stewart had already completed his slide and was on as much of a straight away as there is and the squeezed him into the wall

CAMS

Return to Top
#1953213 - 08/14/14 07:58 PM Re: Tony Stewart DD Regs
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
He didn't put the kid into the wall. The kid was in a space he should not have been. If you watch, Tony's car did not even touch the kids car.

The kid was trying to pass out of the groove. These Sprint cars slide around the turns and drift up. He (the kid) put himself in a bad place, trying to force a pass. Much like a race at bristol. If you are not pass the door going into the turn, you let up. The kid wasn't far enough pass tony to stay in the gas.

Again, an aggressive move that cost him his car.

A later aggressive move, cost him his life. (There is a pattern)

You are not going to convince these people otherwise. It seems clear they want to condemn him no matter what happens.

Its seems like strange logic to ask why someone would try their hardest to win a race they entered... but then again, in their mind it was his intent to cause the kid to wreck and then run him down.

Return to Top
#1953215 - 08/14/14 07:59 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
from what I saw (could have been the camera angle) it appeared that Stewart had already completed his slide and was on as much of a straight away as there is and the squeezed him into the wall

Lets say that is the case, so what? It is legal and a legit strategy. Force him to tap the brakes.

Return to Top
#1953219 - 08/14/14 08:05 PM Re: Tony Stewart Wolfy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Wolfy
The bummer for the sport of racing is that Tony has now for ever changed 2 peoples lives and their families at that one track as a result of putting other drivers in the wall.

the bummer is that some kid ran onto the track...barring that action, we wouldn't be having this conversation...if anyone forever changed the lives of multiple people, it was him...

Return to Top
#1953224 - 08/14/14 08:10 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
I live here in upstate NY not to far from where Kevin Ward Jr. lived and this is taking over the news. I do not follow any kind of car racing even though it is on in my house most weekends. What I am trying to understand is why a professional of Tony Stewart's ranking was allowed or would want to compete at this level? It appears his skill and competitiveness was just too much and because of that and a bad choice on the young drivers part there is a death. It is all very sad.

Return to Top
#1953227 - 08/14/14 08:14 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Soccer,

Read this story and see if it helps understand.

Bottom line, Tony likes to race, he owns small tracks and supports this type of racing. He is not the only NASCAR driver to do this. He does this to promote the sport is small towns.

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/breakingnews/x864267534/Tony-Stewart-felt-at-home-at-small-town-tracks

Return to Top
#1953247 - 08/14/14 08:41 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Personally I am not condemning him or at any conclusion at this point. (I could be a juror) I am just trying to understand what led up to the kid getting out of the car,it was also stated that they have had issues in the past as well. As for the kid going out into the track is clear that that is what caused his death but before we condemn him Stewart did the same in a NASCAR televised event and threw his helmet at another driver.

And if he is trying to support the sport as the reason for racing there he would also be supportive of the other drivers.

As for the aggressive style (both) it appears to be part of the sport.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1953284 - 08/14/14 09:24 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
They had a great report asking why we allow behavior in a sporting event that would otherwise be illegal and are so OK with it on CNN. I changed my mind on if Tony was "wrong" to put them in the wall but I love racing of all kinds, I have loved the sport since I was a kid and I probably always will, so any thing that puts a black eye on the sport, I will have to admit, gets me going.

Return to Top
#1953318 - 08/14/14 10:18 PM Re: Tony Stewart edAudit
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
DD Regs, thank you for the link, yes it does help me understand, as I watch my local news to see standing room only at the funeral.
Let's hope people learn from this and it never happens again.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4