BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1964917 - 09/26/14 01:03 PM The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
not a fan of baseball unless i can see it live, and that is only for the ball park franks and draft beer. But, we come to the end of an era in baseball in that one of the perenial greats, Derek Jeter, is retiring this year. He played his last regular season game in Yankee Stadium last night. I was fortunate enough to see him go 0-4 in May this year against the Twins.

So come have a cold beer, and peanuts, popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, and corn dogs, staple of a great baseball outing, are ready for you.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1964920 - 09/26/14 01:09 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
He is truly a class act, I wish more athletes would mirror his behavior.

Return to Top
#1964928 - 09/26/14 01:26 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open Retired DQ
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
I like baseball, though I'm not up to snuff on all of the players....Derek Jeters I do know....He is a great athlete and has proven that over the years....Last night I think the fans proved their love and respect for him....everyone on their feet when he came up.....He must have felt great....Will miss him....

I'll have a beer and popcorn...I'm hungry this morning.... laugh
Maybe now that he is retired, he'll stop by our bar from time to time....

wink

Return to Top
#1964946 - 09/26/14 01:42 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I'll have a cold Budweiser and nachos with extra jalapenos. What a way to end your last home game - a walk-off RBI single. If it had been a movie, you'd say the ending was unbelievable.

Return to Top
#1964958 - 09/26/14 01:58 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I'm not a huge professional sports fan, or baseball fan in general, but I'm up for a beer and a brat!

Return to Top
#1964976 - 09/26/14 02:16 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
We were a big baseball family up until the strike in the early 90s. Then my mom pretty much dropped it and turned to football, and that was that. I've been to lots of games, enjoy attending in person, but not enough that I even bothered to join the conference group last week that was going to the Cubs game.

But I like beer! I'll take an ice cold Budweiser, and some spare ribs laugh

Return to Top
#1964980 - 09/26/14 02:21 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Dos mojitos, last baseball game I watched was pre-strike as well. Not that the whole strike thing got me upset or any thing I just found I enjoyed having back all the time I put into the TV.

Return to Top
#1964987 - 09/26/14 02:42 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open Wolfy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Harry Caray: Hey! Now Ken, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese.

Ken Waller: Yes, that's true Harry.

Harry Caray: But what if it were made of barbeque spare ribs, would you eat it then?

Ken Waller: What?

Harry Caray: I know I would. Heck! I'd have seconds and then polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser. - - - I would do it. Would you?

Ken Waller: I'm confused.

Harry Caray: It's a simple question Dr, would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?

Ken Waller: I don't know how to answer that.

Harry Caray: It's not rocket science, just say yes and we'll move on.

Ken Waller: Yes.

Return to Top
#1964992 - 09/26/14 02:47 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
"one of the perenial greats ... go 0-4 in May this year against the Twins."

These two quotes are kind of contradictory. It's pretty hard to go 0-4 agaist the twins. I'm guessing Ricky Nolasco wasn't pitching. smile

I am a huge twins fan (for some God forsaken reason) and I couldn't be happier that Jeter is done ... it would have made me a little happy if yesterdays game got rained out.

I'll take a Grain Belt Premium and a Schwiegert hotdog ... we'll get 'em next year

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1965002 - 09/26/14 03:11 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open RR Jen
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
I'm up for a beer and a brat!

Here I am. Now we just need to get you a beer...

Return to Top
#1965029 - 09/26/14 03:36 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
TMOS would chime in here, but he is grounded at some airport...

Return to Top
#1965040 - 09/26/14 03:53 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open Matt_B
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
But I like beer! I'll take an ice cold Budweiser, laugh

umm, yeah, if you like beer, what are you doing drinking this stuff?

slides Matt a Xingu

here, have a real beer

Return to Top
#1965041 - 09/26/14 03:55 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open DoS
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: DoS
"one of the perenial greats ... go 0-4 in May this year against the Twins."

These two quotes are kind of contradictory. It's pretty hard to go 0-4 agaist the twins. I'm guessing Ricky Nolasco wasn't pitching. smile

no idea who was pitching, but i do recall it was his first game back after some minor injury...so maybe his timing was off. 2 pop flies, 1 strike out, 1 ground out

Return to Top
#1965057 - 09/26/14 04:24 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open Bobby Boucher
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
I'm up for a beer and a brat!

Here I am. Now we just need to get you a beer...

Aren't you cute!

Return to Top
#1965058 - 09/26/14 04:28 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I have a Friday reprive from the exam team. So I'm just gonna sit here and drink my beer and toast Pauly Konerko's last game too.

Return to Top
#1965062 - 09/26/14 04:31 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas

so maybe his timing was off.

nah, he just hasn't been very good for a while now.

Return to Top
#1965089 - 09/26/14 05:07 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
But I like beer! I'll take an ice cold Budweiser, laugh

umm, yeah, if you like beer, what are you doing drinking this stuff?

slides Matt a Xingu

here, have a real beer

Merely a Harry Caray reference. I don't think I've ever purchased or requested a Budweiser. Don't worry!

But, free beer is free beer, and I don't turn down free stuff!

Return to Top
#1965105 - 09/26/14 05:26 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I would like to just jump in a keg please...just stick a lime in my mouth and I'll be just fine.

thanks.

That is all.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1965114 - 09/26/14 05:47 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Beer isn't gonna cure what's ailing me. How about a barrel of whiskey? Anybody got one laying around they wouldn't mind sacrificing?

Return to Top
#1965115 - 09/26/14 05:46 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
there ya go, somebody had to fruit up the beer!

Return to Top
#1965130 - 09/26/14 06:15 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open CompliantOkie
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
Beer isn't gonna cure what's ailing me. How about a barrel of whiskey? Anybody got one laying around they wouldn't mind sacrificing?

I don't think Jack Daniel's "Single Barrel" means what you think it means. laugh

But it's still a great idea! smile

Return to Top
#1965143 - 09/26/14 06:44 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I have been craving a Chicago dog in the worst way! Can't even find the right buns north of the Ill border.
I'll take a beer...unfruited so as not to offend...and go cry in it quietly. frown

Return to Top
#1965156 - 09/26/14 07:08 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
what is a chicago dog? I ate lunch at Dat Dog (datdognola.com) today...freaking awesome. Had the guiness dog...

Return to Top
#1965163 - 09/26/14 07:23 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I'm currently enjoying a chocolate milkshake from Chick-fil-a. It's really good, but it would be better with booze.

Return to Top
#1965188 - 09/26/14 08:26 PM Re: The Farewell Derek Jeter Bar is open HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
what is a chicago dog?

A Chicago-style hot dog, Chicago Dog, or Chicago Red Hot is an all-beef frankfurter on a poppy seed bun,originating from the city of Chicago, Illinois. The hot dog is topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onions, bright green sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt.The complete assembly of a Chicago hot dog is said to be "dragged through the garden" due to the many toppings. The method for cooking the hot dog itself varies depending on the vendor's preference. Most often they are steamed, water-simmered, or grilled over charcoal (in which case they are referred to as "char-dogs").

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2