poor little guy

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1970065 - 10/16/14 09:18 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Dognappers....obviously!

Or would be "Dogjackers" in todays street paralance?

Return to Top
#1970081 - 10/16/14 10:20 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Poor puppy! But you don't leave a dog in the car. I feel sorry for the owner, but maybe leaving the dog at home when running errands would have been wise?

Still, poor doggie!

Return to Top
#1970086 - 10/17/14 12:47 AM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I had a collie stolen out of my fenced back yard in Oak Park, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago. Dognappers have been around forever and they steal dogs for all different reasons. Add them to the list of mean nasty people.

Return to Top
#1970107 - 10/17/14 12:15 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I wonder if he is headed to Tx...

Return to Top
#1970126 - 10/17/14 01:17 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
I lock my dog in the truck whenever he comes with me on errands for this exact reason (yes, the windows are open some and I leave him at home or the AC running on hot days). I have invested a lot of time and money into training him into the hunting machine he is ... plus I'd miss him.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1970150 - 10/17/14 02:28 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
We take the dog on errands with us sometimes. Or sometimes we'll go to the dog park, and make a quick stop at a store on the way home, and will leave him in the car. Not much during the summer, but now that it's cooled off a lot, I don't have a problem doing it (still with the windows cracked). I'm talking 5-10 minutes, not like going to watch a movie or something dumb.

Just saw another similar story shared on FB last night, about a car that got stolen and the family dog was in the back seat and is now missing. frown

TR, I've heard more than a few stories the past few years about people stealing "designer" dogs, or any dog left out in yards, and then selling them on craigslist or other sites. Makes me sad that they just see the dog as an income source. We don't leave ours in the back yard unsupervised yet (since he's a puppy and gets himself in trouble very quickly), but I would hope that when we get to the point that we can trust him, we don't have to worry about him being taken by some lowlife.

Return to Top
#1970156 - 10/17/14 02:44 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
Originally Posted By: Peepers
who steals dogs?

Cruella DeVille? Maybe she needs another coat. sick

Return to Top
#1970168 - 10/17/14 02:57 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
That would take an awful lot of yorkies.

Return to Top
#1970170 - 10/17/14 03:01 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Skittles
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: Skittles
That would take an awful lot of yorkies.

101?

Return to Top
#1970172 - 10/17/14 03:12 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Matt, this is not aimed at you. I feel the need to share this info for all of us who take our dogs along for the ride and then stop.

Quote:
Every year, hundreds of pets die from heat exhaustion because they are left in parked vehicles. We've heard the excuses: "Oh, it will just be a few minutes while I go into the store," or "But I cracked the windows..." These excuses don't amount to much if your pet becomes seriously ill or dies from being left in a vehicle.

The temperature inside your vehicle can rise almost 20º F in just 10 minutes. In 20 minutes, it can rise almost 30º F...and the longer you wait, the higher it goes

Another thing people don't think about is power window switches. Smaller dogs will often put their paws up on the door frame and can hit this button. On some cars, it will activate even after you turn the car off. Think about your pet getting caught in the window if they close it on themselves. Or jumping out if they open it! The latter actually happened to me once.

Return to Top
#1970182 - 10/17/14 03:21 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Good points TR, and no offense taken. We're pretty sensitive about it, my wife is a total helicopter dog-mom and would wrap him in bubble wrap if she could laugh. Through the summer, one of us stayed in the car with him. He's a solid black dog, so in direct sun gets very hot even if it's only 70 out. Fall here means 60-70 degrees, so it's been nice to at least have the option to stop if it's just one of us and run into the store. We'd never take him with us if we were just going to the store though.

Also, wouldn't leave him alone in the car with it running. If it's that hot, he'll stay home. He's big enough to move around the car freely, and could easily open a window by accident! Thankfully my car's not the type that will open if the car's not on, so I don't have to worry about that.

Return to Top
#1970187 - 10/17/14 03:25 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
e're pretty sensitive about it, my wife is a total helicopter dog-mom and would wrap him in bubble wrap if she could laugh.

Wouldn't the bubble wrap keep in the heat and make it more dangerous for him in the car laugh
Last edited by edAudit; 10/17/14 03:25 PM.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1970198 - 10/17/14 03:48 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
From what I understood, someone broke into this lady's car, ransacked it and stole the dog. So even if she had locked the doors, someone was determined to snatch this yorkie. frown

Return to Top
#1970203 - 10/17/14 03:51 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
We saw a Great Mastiff the other day chilling in the backseat of a car while his dad did a little shopping. The windows were down and the car door was covered in slobber. I don’t think anyone was going to steal that dog. He took up the entire back of the car!

Return to Top
#1970204 - 10/17/14 03:52 PM Re: Poor Yorkie Peepers
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
I live in Central MN ... we more have to worry about the pets freezing.

Return to Top