Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1970189 - 10/17/14 03:31 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... CompliantOkie
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
My bro works for an airline and he said the flights out of Dallas are ridiculous. He said people are trying to get out of the city as fast ast they can. That's panic!!! And dumb. If Ebola was truly widespread the last place I'd want to be is on an airplane. Take a car out of the city if you're truly concerned. It's not the time to panic nor is it the time to ignore. Now's the time to keep an ear on the news and watch the spread and take some APPROPRIATE precautions.

Have you ever been to Dallas? Ebola is the last thing to worry about there (and possibly not the reason for the exodus). I was stuck in the financial district for a week and though I would die of boredom. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1970191 - 10/17/14 03:35 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
And, boredom'll kill ya'!

I can sympathize, Ed.

Return to Top
#1970205 - 10/17/14 03:53 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Well notice people aren't clamoring to get IN to Dallas! laugh

Return to Top
#1970231 - 10/17/14 04:29 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... noelekal
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: noelekal
Originally Posted By: Stupendous Man
"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the jewish banking conspiracy or the gray aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless."

If you believe that then I've got some land in Florida to sell you. Never floods.

Not only does the world have a rudder. That rudder steers its course through a sea of money and has since time immemorial. No chaos about it. History won't support any notion of chaos or lack of control.

"The belief that there is a singular clearly definable (if unknown) entitiy in charge is it's own downplaying, because it implies that "we" can potentially rebel and dismantle it once we learn enough about it.

The truth is worse. Our power structure is a complex network of millions of particular interests that in aggregate yields some nasty results. "The System" is not a machine that can be stopped, it is more like a mist that permeates all of society. Powerful individuals are not in the position due to an elaborate plan, but because of opportunism, and in the end they are slaves to this phenomenon just like everyone else.

The only way to tame this beast is to change how people think. To change how YOU AND I think. If more people think in a rational way and if more people value empathy the embergent system will yield more desireable results."

TLDR: The real monste was inside us all along

Return to Top
#1970244 - 10/17/14 05:05 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
I think any new group or person for that matter calling out people in Dallas for being overly worried for their life and their loved ones lives should win an all expense trip to Dallas to ride public transportation for a few days to put their money where their mouth is.

As long as they are not hurting others to do what they need to do to feel safe I fail to see that as a bad thing.

Personally I would rather ride a roller coaster at six-flags right now than visit Dallas.

Return to Top
#1970247 - 10/17/14 05:09 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... Wolfy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Wolfy
I think any new group or person for that matter calling out people in Dallas for being overly worried for their life and their loved ones lives should win an all expense trip to Dallas to ride public transportation for a few days to put their money where their mouth is.

As long as they are not hurting others to do what they need to do to feel safe I fail to see that as a bad thing.

Personally I would rather ride a roller coaster at six-flags right now than visit Dallas.

How about the six flags in Arlington? smirk

CAMS

Return to Top
#1970253 - 10/17/14 05:16 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
My wife's coming through Dallas tomorrow on a connecting flight to the Abilene airport, coming home from caring for the new granddaughter for a week.

When do y'all think the nation will hit Ebola-overload with regards to news devoted to it? I'm kinda getting there now. I told my wife: "don't touch anything and don't lick the counters (old family joke concerning our son when he was a toddler).

Return to Top
#1970254 - 10/17/14 05:17 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
When is Nancy Grace going to milk it to death?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1970257 - 10/17/14 05:18 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... Skittles
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: Skittles
Is anyone picturing 'The Stand' right about now?

Captain Tripps... eek

Return to Top
#1970258 - 10/17/14 05:20 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... edAudit
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: edAudit

She's still on?

Return to Top
#1970265 - 10/17/14 05:29 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
???

CAMS

Return to Top
#1970270 - 10/17/14 05:32 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1970272 - 10/17/14 05:36 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... Stupendous Man
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Originally Posted By: noelekal
"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the jewish banking conspiracy or the gray aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless."

If you believe that then I've got some land in Florida to sell you. Never floods.

Not only does the world have a rudder. That rudder steers its course through a sea of money and has since time immemorial. No chaos about it. History won't support any notion of chaos or lack of control.

"The belief that there is a singular clearly definable (if unknown) entitiy in charge is it's own downplaying, because it implies that "we" can potentially rebel and dismantle it once we learn enough about it.

The truth is worse. Our power structure is a complex network of millions of particular interests that in aggregate yields some nasty results. "The System" is not a machine that can be stopped, it is more like a mist that permeates all of society. Powerful individuals are not in the position due to an elaborate plan, but because of opportunism, and in the end they are slaves to this phenomenon just like everyone else.

The only way to tame this beast is to change how people think. To change how YOU AND I think. If more people think in a rational way and if more people value empathy the embergent system will yield more desireable results."

TLDR: The real monste was inside us all along

Here is the truth. There is a moral compass and we may discern right from wrong. We may refrain from deliberate participation in some all-pervading "mist" of some "system," avoiding many of its manipulations while we are at it. The assertion I made is valid. That line from "All the President's Men: "Follow the money," is apt.

Greed drives much of human endeavor.
Last edited by noelekal; 10/17/14 08:24 PM.

Return to Top
#1970293 - 10/17/14 05:59 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... CompliantOkie
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
My bro works for an airline and he said the flights out of Dallas are ridiculous. He said people are trying to get out of the city as fast ast they can. That's panic!!! And dumb. If Ebola was truly widespread the last place I'd want to be is on an airplane. Take a car out of the city if you're truly concerned. It's not the time to panic nor is it the time to ignore. Now's the time to keep an ear on the news and watch the spread and take some APPROPRIATE precautions.
What killed JR? EBOLA!

Return to Top
#1970297 - 10/17/14 06:10 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Didn't know...TNT cancelled Dallas.

Return to Top
#1970316 - 10/17/14 06:55 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... edAudit
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Originally Posted By: Wolfy
I think any news group or person for that matter calling out people in Dallas for being overly worried for their life and their loved ones lives should win an all expense trip to Dallas to ride public transportation for a few days to put their money where their mouth is.

How about the six flags in Arlington? smirk

That was the one I was talking about. laugh

Sorry about my CNN rant earlier. Just walked by the TV in the lobby at the wrong time it seems.

Return to Top
#1970319 - 10/17/14 07:03 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
No need for the rant apology this entire thread is a rant.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1970330 - 10/17/14 07:19 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Last edited by Wolfy; 10/17/14 09:06 PM.

Return to Top
#1970382 - 10/17/14 09:26 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... edAudit
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar

Gah!!!! I can't stand her. Worse than nails on a chalkboard in a room full of screaming babies and barking dogs.

Return to Top
#1970386 - 10/17/14 09:31 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... Bacon Boy
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy

Gah!!!! I can't stand her. Worse than nails on a chalkboard in a room full of screaming babies and barking dogs.

Word.

Return to Top
#1970393 - 10/17/14 09:46 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... Bacon Boy
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Worse than nails on a chalkboard in a room full of screaming babies and barking dogs.

Even worse is that is likely a room without bacon. eek Or full of turkey bacon. shocked laugh

Return to Top
#1970475 - 10/20/14 02:16 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... GuitarDude
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
Worse than nails on a chalkboard in a room full of screaming babies and barking dogs.

Even worse is that is likely a room without bacon. eek Or full of turkey bacon. shocked laugh

laugh

Return to Top
#1970477 - 10/20/14 02:25 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... CompliantOkie
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
My bro works for an airline and he said the flights out of Dallas are ridiculous. He said people are trying to get out of the city as fast ast they can. That's panic!!! And dumb. If Ebola was truly widespread the last place I'd want to be is on an airplane...

I was unable to locate any news online to verify this 3rd-hand report of Dallas being voluntarily evacuated. Any updates from bro?

Return to Top
#1970479 - 10/20/14 02:26 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
moved to correct thread (EIGTKU)
Last edited by ComplyYouMust; 10/20/14 02:28 PM.
Return to Top
#1970496 - 10/20/14 02:52 PM Re: Dear Ebola panickers... HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
well, i for one am very happy to see that we have named an ebola czar...now, some of you may be concerned that he has no medical background or medical training, but that is of no concern. He is imminitely qualified for this role, as he has a heavy background in "being able to ensure the message is being delivered consistently".

i feel safer already.

Now, i eagerly await appointments of other czars for things that are killing us or we need to improve upon:

1 - seatbelt use czar
2 - cancer czar
3 - eliminating fast food czar
4 - HFCS czar
5 - drink more water czar
6 - exercise czar
7 - personal responsibility czar
8 - big gulp czar
9 - credit use czar

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5