Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1966289 - 10/01/14 08:32 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
My bank has a Suzuki Kasashi sedan as one of our company cars and it will haul some serious butt. Of course it won't hold a front end alignment so you are going very fast, just not sure which direction.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1966304 - 10/01/14 08:40 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Geo and Isuzu could collaborate for a Storm-Trooper. smirk

Return to Top
#1966333 - 10/01/14 09:15 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? GuitarDude
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: 80's Lady
And the WRX is also the most ticketed car, so you are right on that, Happy!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/09/30/vehicles-us-most-tickets/16490255/

My car didnt even make the top 20? Thats disgraceful!! laugh

You don't drive a Mercury Topaz? wink

I drive a white car and whites cars werent on the list.
and TJ I'd be out on the Suzuki Kasashi. Thats just too hard to say all at once.
Last edited by Bankbb1, PITA; 10/01/14 09:16 PM.

Return to Top
#1966432 - 10/02/14 02:26 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Isn't that a cereal?

Return to Top
#1966926 - 10/03/14 04:48 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
My mother had nothing but expensive problems with her Passat, I'd never ever buy one of those. I love my Subie but I'd have no problem with the Honda either. You don't really need the AWD where you are, but that was something I needed up here so I went with the Subie since it came standard along with heat-up seats.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1970676 - 10/20/14 10:02 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
Granny Offline
New Poster
I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE my 2014 Subaru Forester - it's the second subie I've owned and they definitely hold their value for trade-in when you're ready for a newer one.

Return to Top
#1970697 - 10/21/14 11:08 AM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel?

I know where you can get a used 2001 Jimmy fairly cheap. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1971240 - 10/22/14 07:54 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
From your choices, I love the CRV the most. I looked into it myself in March but I ended up getting the Acura RDX instead. It was a little roomier/bigger and a smoother ride - AND it had the keyless (touch-door) entry and push-button start. I could not go back to using a car key (haven't had to since 2010) so Acura it was.

However, the 2015 CRV redesign now includes the push-button start - Honda is finally catching up! The 2015s now come with CVT (continuosly variable transmission) and you have to decide if you like that or not. I had CVT in my Altima and Rogue and it was fine, but I realize I'm not a big fan. I love my Acura the most of any car I've ever owned.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1971261 - 10/22/14 08:40 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? Aggs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Acura is luxury Honda, I wonder if the push button start wasn't on the Honda because it's kind of a lower end Acura

Return to Top
#1971274 - 10/22/14 08:55 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Ehh, that's like saying Lexus is a luxury Toyota or Audi is a luxury VW. Whatevs! laugh

My Nissan (a lower end Infinity) had the push button start years ago. More automakers need to get with the times!

Return to Top
#1971283 - 10/22/14 09:13 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Yes, there was just an article in my neighborhood about a rash of cars being stolen with the push button thingy as people are leaving the fob in the car.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1971285 - 10/22/14 09:19 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Just another electronic gadget that will not last beyond 10 years and will cost you your fist born child to repair.

Return to Top
#1971310 - 10/22/14 11:25 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? Pale Rider
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Just another electronic gadget that will not last beyond 10 years and will cost you your fist born child to repair.

Not a first born, but $210 for the fob and an additional $80 for programming. Did not need another key though - the original one was good, just wet after going through the wash. (Avalon)

Return to Top
#1971338 - 10/23/14 01:12 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Has anyone bought a pre-owned car recently that came with both of the keyless entry remotes or intelligent keys? Both of the pre-owned cars we have bought in the past 5 years had one or both remotes missing. The last place even had a sign on the desk that said "Cars come with one key/remote, do not ask for more, we don't have them".

What's happening is that wholesalers, auctions, rental places and even the dealerships themselves are selling the second remotes to people who sell them online. In fact I know of a guy who has a huge business buying these things in bulk from car salesman, auctions, and car rental places and resells them online. He pays approximately $10 a piece for them, then resells them for $20 online, and he's doing quite well.

Return to Top
#1971339 - 10/23/14 01:18 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
I think the problem is people not knowing where the second intelligent key is... When I traded my Altima in (in 2012), I had no idea where the spare was. I found it last month when we were moving. LOL

Most of the time when I've traded cars in I didn't have the second set of keys for one reason or another. So maybe it's not all crooked dealerships? smile

Return to Top
#1971341 - 10/23/14 01:21 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? edAudit
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: edAudit
Yes, there was just an article in my neighborhood about a rash of cars being stolen with the push button thingy as people are leaving the fob in the car.

Well, that's just dumb! grin

They're obviously leaving their cars unlocked then and not even trying to lock them - if you leave the fob in the car, the car won't let you lock it and gives off an obnoxious beeping sound.

It's another thing I love about it - I can't possibly lock my keys in the car.

Return to Top
#1971345 - 10/23/14 01:27 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? Aggs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Aggs
It's another thing I love about it - I can't possibly lock my keys in the car.

well, you could lock your keys in IF the engine was running and you got out of it...i saw someone at a gas station last week that did that...

Return to Top
#1971350 - 10/23/14 01:45 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Weird... None of my cars would ever let me do that, even if the engine was running. I'd often start my car when it was cold, then take the fob out and lock the door. It will not let you lock the door from the outside if the fob is inside.

But then again, I am only used to a few car brands, others may let you do that.

Return to Top
#1971365 - 10/23/14 02:05 PM Re: subaru legacy or VW Passat diesel? HappyGilmore
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
so ... where do you put your deer after you shoot it? laugh

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2