Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#1971380 - 10/23/14 02:30 PM Climate Change?
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Thought this was worth it's own thread:

The co-creator of the weather channel just came out and said that Climate Change(tm) is no longer a viable reason for, er, changes in the climate:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/526...channel-founder

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1971382 - 10/23/14 02:33 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Don't you just love it when you see climate change religionists discomfited?! Must be such a depressing religion too.

Return to Top
#1971386 - 10/23/14 02:46 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
That link just took me to a place to click a bunch of other links....any chance of pasting part of it?

Return to Top
#1971394 - 10/23/14 02:59 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
try this link

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/526...channel-founder

Quote:
John Coleman, who co-founded the Weather Channel, shocked academics by insisting the theory of man-made climate change was no longer scientifically credible.

Instead, what 'little evidence' there is for rising global temperatures points to a 'natural phenomenon' within a developing eco-system.

**CLICK HERE TO SEE STUNNING ICEBERG IMAGES**

In an open letter attacking the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, he wrote: "The ocean is not rising significantly.

"The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number.

"Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).

"I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid."

Return to Top
#1971396 - 10/23/14 03:01 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Weird. Here you go:

Quote:
Climate change PROVED to be 'nothing but a lie', claims top meteorologist

THE debate about climate change is finished - because it has been categorically proved NOT to exist, one of the world's leading meteorologists has claimed.

By: Jason Taylor
Published: Thu, October 23, 2014

John Coleman, who co-founded the Weather Channel, shocked academics by insisting the theory of man-made climate change was no longer scientifically credible.

Instead, what 'little evidence' there is for rising global temperatures points to a 'natural phenomenon' within a developing eco-system.

In an open letter attacking the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, he wrote: "The ocean is not rising significantly.

"The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number.

"Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).

"I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid."

Mr Coleman said he based many of his views on the findings of the NIPCC, a non-governmental international body of scientists aimed at offering an 'independent second opinion of the evidence reviewed by the IPCC.'

He added: "There is no significant man-made global warming at this time, there has been none in the past and there is no reason to fear any in the future.

"Efforts to prove the theory that carbon dioxide is a significant greenhouse gas and pollutant causing significant warming or weather effects have failed.

"There has been no warming over 18 years."

The IPCC argue their research shows that man-made global warming will lead to extreme weather events becoming more frequent and unpredictable.

US News and World Report noted that many of the world’s largest businesses, including Coke, Pepsi, Walmart, Nestle, Mars, Monsanto, Kellogg, General Mills, Microsoft, and IBM, "are now engaged and actively responding to climate science and data."

Mr Coleman's comments come as President Barack Obama came under fire from climatologists as federal data revealed The United State's energy-related carbon pollution rose 2.5 per cent despite the President's pledges to decrease it.

President Obama told 120 world leaders at the United Nations climate summit last month that America had done more under his watch in cutting greenhouse gases than any other country.

Despite this, the Energy Information Administration's Monthly Energy Review showed an increase in the use of energy from coal.
World leaders have pledged to keep the global average temperature from rising two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels to prevent the worst consequences of climate change.

The US, along with the UK and other developed countries, is expected to pledge further actions on climate change early next year.

Climate expert William Happer, from Princeton University, supported Mr Coleman's claims.

He added: "No chemical compound in the atmosphere has a worse reputation than CO2, thanks to the single-minded demonisation of this natural and essential atmospheric gas by advocates of government control and energy production.

"The incredible list of supposed horrors that increasing carbon dioxide will bring the world is pure belief disguised as science."

In 2010 a high-level inquiry by the InterAcademy Council found there was "little evidence" to support the IPCC's claims about global warming.

It also said the panel had purposely emphasised the negative impacts of climate change and made "substantive findings" based on little proof.

You can Google it as well.

Return to Top
#1971397 - 10/23/14 03:02 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Thanks.

Return to Top
#1971400 - 10/23/14 03:14 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
i read an article recently that stated the surface temperature of the sun has risen about .001% in the past 20 years, and that by itself is a greater cause of global warming than anything man can do...

i suppose somewhere someone is trying to prove that what man has done on earth has now impacted the surface temperature of the sun...

Return to Top
#1971438 - 10/23/14 04:29 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Maybe the people who live on the sun should pay carbon credits to us for heating our planet. smirk

Return to Top
#1971454 - 10/23/14 04:46 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Maybe we need to send Al Gore to the sun to collect.

Return to Top
#1971460 - 10/23/14 04:51 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Poor Al and to think all this grief for the guy that "invented" the internet. wink

Return to Top
#1971463 - 10/23/14 04:57 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Well, I'm sure that it was fun while it lasted! I wonder what eco-bandwagon Hollywood will jump on next?

Dont get me wrong, do I think we should be good to the earth? Yes.
Do I believe in "global Warming" as it has been presented for the last 20+ years? Nope.

The Earth has been going through the self correcting cycles of
the life of a planet for a couple a billion years. Our puny species, as omnipitent as we may be, are not going to stop it from doing so. But its still better for us not to poison each other, so yeah, be nice to the planet. Being nice doesnt really cost much. smile

Return to Top
#1971506 - 10/23/14 06:11 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Never believed in climate change and it's always been a vexation to even have to hear about it, knowing full well it is a fraud.

"Our puny species, as omnipitent as we may be, are not going to stop it from doing so. But its still better for us not to poison each other, so yeah, be nice to the planet. Being nice doesnt really cost much."

This!

Man is silly even assuming that his activities will have a material affect on the Earth. Sure, we don't need to be dumping used motor oil in the storm sewers or otherwise unnecessarily abusing our home but we don't need to dither about it nor allow ourselves to be manipulated by the true crooks of the world who have used this bandwagon for power and gain.

Return to Top
#1971539 - 10/23/14 06:58 PM Re: Climate Change? Bankbb1, PITA
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

the life of a planet for a couple a billion years. Our puny species, as omnipitent as we may be think we are, are not going to stop it from doing so. But its still better for us not to poison each other, so yeah, be nice to the planet. Being nice doesnt really cost much. smile

This!

Return to Top
#1971595 - 10/23/14 07:57 PM Re: Climate Change? CompliantOkie
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

the life of a planet for a couple a billion years. Our puny species, as omnipitent as we may be think we are, are not going to stop it from doing so. But its still better for us not to poison each other, so yeah, be nice to the planet. Being nice doesnt really cost much. smile

This!

Thanks Okie! I was trying to put that "may be" in a sarcasm font, but couldnt find it. smile

Return to Top
#1976144 - 11/13/14 06:23 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.

Return to Top
#1976147 - 11/13/14 06:25 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I didn't read the article, but the photos were hilarious!

Return to Top
#1976152 - 11/13/14 06:34 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Wiggle your bum!

Return to Top
#1976170 - 11/13/14 07:08 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Good for the Australian Leader! The science is carp! How many people really believe china will do anything to curb their carbon emissions? We just crippled ourselves some more.

Return to Top
#1976183 - 11/13/14 07:16 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
But the Chicoms promised they would start to limit emissions in 2030!!!! It's in the agreement!

Return to Top
#1976190 - 11/13/14 07:26 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
climate will always change, that is the nature of our planet. To believe it is controlled by man is hubris by man. The Icelandic volcano a couple of years back (not even going to try and spell the name) put more pollution into the atmosphere than the past 300 years that man put in it.

Return to Top
#1976199 - 11/13/14 07:41 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
True, but I can not control that, and I like to control all, so I will tax you, as I can control that. ^_-

Return to Top
#1976210 - 11/13/14 07:48 PM Re: Climate Change? DD Regs
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
To believe it is controlled by man is hubris by man.

NO, it's science and physicals and actual calculations and measurements. We may not have complete control of the climate, but we have enough influence that we can change it in a way that will affect US.

Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
climate will always change, that is the nature of our planet. To believe it is controlled by man is hubris by man. The Icelandic volcano a couple of years back (not even going to try and spell the name) put more pollution into the atmosphere than the past 300 years that man put in it.

no, you're just wrong.

www.skepticalscience.com/volcano-and-global-warming.htm

hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/archive/2007/07_02_15.html

factcheck.org/2010/06/eruption-corruption/

Originally Posted By: DD Regs
Good for the Australian Leader! The science is carp! How many people really believe china will do anything to curb their carbon emissions? We just crippled ourselves some more.

The science is solid. The proposed solutions are not. But issues with the latter does not disprove the former.

Return to Top
#1976214 - 11/13/14 07:55 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
And as for the weather channel guy, here's the snopes explanation with a link to detailed line-by-line rebuttals.

snopes.com/politics/science/coleman.asp

Return to Top
#1976215 - 11/13/14 07:56 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
No Stupman, it is bogus with an agenda. Just because last september was the hottest in RECORDED history, (The late 1800s) that is proof that the world is getting hotter and it is man's fault. Has NOTHING to do with a Sun that is getting hotter.

TOTAL BS

Return to Top
#1976217 - 11/13/14 07:59 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html

Return to Top
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6