BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1972127 - 10/27/14 04:56 PM Exhausted
CreditGirl Offline
New Poster
CreditGirl
Sorry BOLers, I'm having a pity party today and you're all invited!

I'm an only parent to 4 kids (ages 4-14). My 9-year-old son is chronically ill and not doing well right now. My 14-year-old daughter's been in the hospital for the last week for a suicide attempt. I only logged 26 hours at work last week and I am way behind. I am tired and cranky, and now my darling sister has flown in, so all my "free" time is spent with her this week. And here I sit at my desk when I have so many people who need me right now.

Oh, and I have state examiners here who must ask me questions every 10 minutes.

Ugh.

Return to Top
#1972128 - 10/27/14 05:03 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
CULady Online
Gold Star
WA
Hang in there CG! Hopefully soon everything will right itself. Don't forget... you can always say No and you can always ASK FOR HELP. Make sure you are using your resources and not running yourself ragged!
{{{HUGS}}}

Return to Top
#1972141 - 10/27/14 05:50 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1972142 - 10/27/14 05:52 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Hopefully your sister is there to help and not just visit.

Meet with you boss, surely they know your current situation, and see if they would speak with the EIC and ask them to collect their questions for each day and then submit them to you each morning. That way you can answer them and knock out your list, giving you a feeling of accomplishment each day.

Nothing worse than multilple examiners asking you multiple questions each day, often the same question.

Prayers for you and your family.

Return to Top
#1972143 - 10/27/14 05:56 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
First prayers for your family. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate.
I agree with DD. I bet the examiners would be willing to work with you to help ease some of your burden.
Good luck!!

Return to Top
#1972145 - 10/27/14 06:01 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
What do they say on that googlewebthingy Facebook? "Virtual hugs" to you Credit Girl. We are all fighting battles, but yours make mine look trivial.

God bless....

Return to Top
#1972146 - 10/27/14 06:03 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
God bless you sweet lady. smile

Return to Top
#1972150 - 10/27/14 06:12 PM Re: Exhausted Bankbb1, PITA
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Prayers for strength and courage. Hang in there!

Return to Top
#1972153 - 10/27/14 06:20 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
CG, I don't know how you do it. You're entitled to throw yourself a pity party. Hang in there. And give your sister a list of things she can do for you, like laundry and cleaning the house and making dinner.

Return to Top
#1972162 - 10/27/14 06:44 PM Re: Exhausted Pale Rider
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
What do they say on that googlewebthingy Facebook? "Virtual hugs" to you Credit Girl. We are all fighting battles, but yours make mine look trivial.

God bless....

Well said...I couldn't have said it any better, so Ditto!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1972172 - 10/27/14 07:02 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Heather301, CRCM Offline
100 Club
Prayers for you Creditgirl! I too am a single parent of a 14 year old daughter. I can't imagine what you must be going through. I hope the exam goes quickly, your sister helps out around your house and most of all that your children get better soon!

Return to Top
#1972203 - 10/27/14 07:55 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
May God be with you, keep you and your kids, and grant you the strength you need.

Return to Top
#1972208 - 10/27/14 08:05 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Make sure to take a little time for yourself in there. Have your sister take care of the other kids one night and go do something for yourself or have your sister take the kids and enjoy a relaxing evening at home.

Return to Top
#1972231 - 10/27/14 08:25 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
Take care of yourself also, so that you will be strong enough to deal with all of your other situations. Sometimes, we think we can do it all by ourselves, but we cannot. Hopefully you will have some support to make it thru these trying times. I am glad you talked about it because keeping it all in can be a bad thing. Knowing that you are not the only one in a bad situation can also be of some comfort. We are all going thru something at any given time.

Return to Top
#1972246 - 10/27/14 08:44 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Consider Prayers said for you, and may your burdens be lightened through your faith in Him.

Return to Top
#1972247 - 10/27/14 08:51 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
Prayers for strength!!! Please remember to take care of yourself too!

Return to Top
#1972248 - 10/27/14 08:53 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
jaenelle Offline
Kansas
Prayers for you and your kids, especially your daughter. I'm 7 months post suicide attempt and most days are still a struggle. If you need anyone to talk to about this specific topic, I'd be happy to lend an ear or some advice.

Return to Top
#1972296 - 10/28/14 11:53 AM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
CreditGirl Offline
New Poster
CreditGirl
Wow guys, thanks! It's nice to have some support, even if it does come from the internet.

My sister is here to visit, not to help. She's had this trip planned for some time now, and she has her three little ones with her.

My son is at the doctor this morning. I know they can't help him, but I think he needs to at least have this new stuff in his medical records. He has severe Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, along with a ton of complications that come with it. It's a nasty disorder that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It's like I'm watching my kid fall apart, and there's nothing I can do about it except give him narcotics that don't help the pain much. :|

My daughter is still in the hospital. I miss her. Hopefully she is well enough to come home soon, but I doubt it.

Your prayers are so much appreciated. My support system is very...lacking....so it's nice to know someone cares.

Return to Top
#1972313 - 10/28/14 01:30 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
WOW CreditGirl. I feel like I struggle with what is happening in my life, but my struggles are minute to yours. You seem to be a very strong person and I will send you and your family prayers and positive thoughts to help you through this difficult time.

Return to Top
#1972316 - 10/28/14 01:34 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
lucyc Offline
Diamond Poster
lucyc
Sending prayers for you and your children.

Return to Top
#1972320 - 10/28/14 01:44 PM Re: Exhausted lucyc
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quote:
It's nice to have some support, even if it does come from the internet.

The one thing so many on here have found out along the way...we are a HUGE and diverse group. Either someone has been through similiar or knows someone who has been through similar and if not, everyone cares about everyone else. It is a great support group so please feel free to 'let it out'.

You are going through trials larger than most of us could possibly imagine. It's humbling to me. I may not have any advice/help to offer, but others will...in the meantime, I'll be sending positive thoughts your way. smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1972329 - 10/28/14 02:12 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
wow, I just googled Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and my heart is breaking. Stay strong and vent all you want!

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1972367 - 10/28/14 03:11 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
Prayers from SC.
Is there any support from church or other community organizations that might be able to help, or at least give you some breathing room?

Return to Top
#1972387 - 10/28/14 03:40 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Prayers for you from Minnesota. May God grant you and your family His peace and grace through this time.

Return to Top
#1972398 - 10/28/14 04:00 PM Re: Exhausted CreditGirl
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
One of my most supportive friendships grew out of a link-up here on BOL with a lady going through a similar problem with her son. I still draw on her strength and have been lucky enough to prop her up too. So I urge you to take janelle up on her offer for an ear.

Prayers for youcand your family. And ((hugs))

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett