Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1974407 - 11/05/14 06:28 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
It's impossible to find unbiased analysis of candidates and their platforms so that one can make an informed decision on who to vote for.
Then there's all the hype and spin and gender and color and 'we need this because' thrown in.
I wish elections could be run like a blind coke vs pepsi test.
Give me the ability to inform myself and let me chose which I like best.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1974416 - 11/05/14 06:46 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Truff - gonna disagree with you on that one. In Louisiana there is a non-partisan group that for every elections lists the ballot, and what a pro and con selection for each can mean (if i can find the link i'll post it). Does not put any political spin on the asnwers, simply lists facts.

Sadly, the last place to look for unbiased information is from a political party or a candidate...

Return to Top
#1974424 - 11/05/14 06:56 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I've not found anything like that up this far north, HG. Would be pleased to know that something like this is available.

Ditto re: the last place to look for unbiased info.... frown

But can you imagine the outcome if say, the last presidential election was done as a blind test with only facts available and no idea of race, ethnicity or gender? I am so tired of being told a vote for someone is a vote against someone else's rights.

I vote for a person based on their qualifications and ability to do a specific job...period. Wow! That's the same criteria used to hire someone for any job. Go figure.

Return to Top
#1974427 - 11/05/14 06:58 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
I'm going to start picking my candidates based off who has the best rolled-up sleeves during their "everyman" speech in front of miscellaneous factory. Or whoever does the best "coat-over-my-shoulder" holding. It makes me feel like they really know who I am... "What? I roll my sleeves up too!"

Return to Top
#1974428 - 11/05/14 06:58 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I try to vote against incumbents as much as possible. What's the line about politicians and diapers? smirk

Return to Top
#1974461 - 11/05/14 07:41 PM Re: This is not a political discussion RR Becca
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
I try to vote against incumbents as much as possible. What's the line about politicians and diapers? smirk

IF they don't smell right they are probably full of shift.

Return to Top
#1974486 - 11/05/14 08:04 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
I am just happy all of the political commercials are over. Those ads, more than any single candidate, annoy me beyond words

Return to Top
#1974488 - 11/05/14 08:07 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
There ought to be a UDAAP rule for political advertising. We got tons of junk mail that was nothing but distortions and misleading twisting of the facts. I've gotten to the point that I don't believe anything in political advertising.

Return to Top
#1974500 - 11/05/14 08:24 PM Re: This is not a political discussion PATSGirl74
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: PATSGirl74
I am just happy all of the political commercials are over. Those ads, more than any single candidate, annoy me beyond words

over? not here in La., where 3 elections have gone to runoff for senate and house seats...5 more weeks of these ads, but with more rhetoric and much nastier now...

Return to Top
#1974535 - 11/05/14 09:33 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I expect by the weekend, we'll be seeing commercials for the 2016 presidential election.

Return to Top
#1974538 - 11/05/14 09:35 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Island Dreaming Offline
100 Club
midwest
Here in Iowa, one of our local tv stations ran a 30 second spot (a couple times each evening) of water lapping onto a beach with a graphic that read 'a political ad break - you're welcome'.

Return to Top
#1974540 - 11/05/14 09:38 PM Re: This is not a political discussion MyBrainHurts
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
I expect by the weekend, we'll be seeing commercials for the 2016 presidential election.

If we see '16 presidential election commercials, so far ahead of the conventions, then it would be like promoting Christmas before Labor Day and that'll make my brain hurt.

Return to Top
#1974566 - 11/05/14 10:05 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
interesting to see that 22% of people responding did not vote. Did not every state have elections yesterday? or did some states not, which would explain? or are people just apathetic to it?

Return to Top
#1974570 - 11/05/14 10:09 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Hey, Fantasy Politicos, spin this thread however you want, but it absolutely IS a political thread. And it's pretty shameless that the mods have let it continue. The BOL mods for the cooler are biased and unfair.

Return to Top
#1974575 - 11/05/14 10:11 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
buggs Offline
Power Poster
It's like having a discussion about automatic weapons and saying it's not about efficient ways to kill people.

Return to Top
#1974587 - 11/05/14 10:17 PM Re: This is not a political discussion buggs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: buggs
Hey, Fantasy Politicos, spin this thread however you want, but it absolutely IS a political thread. And it's pretty shameless that the mods have let it continue. The BOL mods for the cooler are biased and unfair.

oh Buggs...i fail to see how asking if people voted and if they feel their vote counts is political. but then, i don't get my rose-colored glasses at the same store you get yours from.

then again, likely if i did a poll on the type of cars people drove you would claim it is a thread about the bailout of Chrysler in the 80s and GM in the 2000s and also political...

Return to Top
#1974591 - 11/05/14 10:19 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Say what you like buggs but this thread hasn't crossed any guidelines. BOL admin is the one making that determination, not you.

Return to Top
#1974595 - 11/05/14 10:24 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
interesting to see that 22% of people responding did not vote. Did not every state have elections yesterday? or did some states not, which would explain? or are people just apathetic to it?

Given the IQ of some, it's a good thing that 22% did not vote.

Return to Top
#1974596 - 11/05/14 10:25 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
well, i'd like to think that the people on this site are a little more informed and professional than the average votre

Return to Top
#1974604 - 11/05/14 10:31 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
"votre" confused is that a Louisiana pronunciation?

Return to Top
#1974605 - 11/05/14 10:38 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
I did not vote for many reasons. 1) I'm from Idaho, so everyone with an R in front of their name automatically wins, 2) I don't follow local politics, so I didn't even know who the people where who were running, 3) I fail to see how voting for county coroner affects my life, 4) as an added benefit of not being registered to vote, I don't have to worry about jury duty.

Return to Top
#1974608 - 11/05/14 10:45 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Sorry TMatt, in Idaho you can still be selected for jury duty unless you also do not have a drivers license. Most states have moved to including drivers license information in their jury pools.

Quote:
Jury Panel: A large group of names is selected at random from a combined list of registered voters and Idaho driver's license holders

Return to Top
#1974617 - 11/05/14 10:58 PM Re: This is not a political discussion buggs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: buggs

Some reason when I read this I hear Nevil's voice (From iCarly) laugh

Return to Top
#1974619 - 11/05/14 11:00 PM Re: This is not a political discussion TMatt87
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: TMatt87
I did not vote for many reasons. 3) I fail to see how voting for county coroner affects my life,

oh sure, after a weekend of eating wild mushrooms and huffing paint a lazy first responder may put you in a body bag and pronounce you dead

the coroner may be your last hope in determining you're in fact, still alive

Return to Top
#1974623 - 11/05/14 11:22 PM Re: This is not a political discussion CompliantOkie
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
Sorry TMatt, in Idaho you can still be selected for jury duty unless you also do not have a drivers license. Most states have moved to including drivers license information in their jury pools.

Bummer frown

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3