Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1974633 - 11/06/14 02:00 AM Re: This is not a political discussion Peepers
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Originally Posted By: Peepers
Originally Posted By: TMatt87
I did not vote for many reasons. 3) I fail to see how voting for county coroner affects my life,

oh sure, after a weekend of eating wild mushrooms and huffing paint a lazy first responder may put you in a body bag and pronounce you dead

the coroner may be your last hope in determining you're in fact, still alive

Reminds me of this gem of an attorney's questioning of a coroner (supposedly from an actual court case):

Q: Before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?

A: No.

Q: For blood pressure?

Q: Breathing?

Q: Then it is possible the patient was alive ?

Q: How can you be so sure?

A: Because his brain was in a jar on my desk.

Q: But could the patient have still been alive?

A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1974635 - 11/06/14 03:29 AM Re: This is not a political discussion buggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: buggs
It's like having a discussion about automatic weapons and saying it's not about efficient ways to kill people.

Wow you really do misunderstand the other side of the argument. Do I have to educate you on this one as well?

Return to Top
#1974636 - 11/06/14 03:30 AM Re: This is not a political discussion buggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: buggs
Hey, Fantasy Politicos, spin this thread however you want, but it absolutely IS a political thread. And it's pretty shameless that the mods have let it continue. The BOL mods for the cooler are biased and unfair.

Then hit notify. You do it all the time so you might as well. I thought that most of this thread was pretty innocent but that is just my opinion. In theory, the college football thread is also about politics. So is that everything is going to kill you thread. In fact, pretty much every thread can be Kevin Bacon'd to politics.

Return to Top
#1974707 - 11/06/14 02:59 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
LOL @ "Kevin Bacon'd" laugh

Return to Top
#1974715 - 11/06/14 03:08 PM Re: This is not a political discussion Blade Scrapper
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
this is not a love song
this is ----- not a love song
this is not a love song
this is ----- not a love song

Return to Top
#1974757 - 11/06/14 03:59 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Yesterday morning, on election day, the morning anchor on the local fox channel said that he was not going to vote and urged his audience not to vote because the political ads were so dirty. He felt by not voting, it would send a message. I was surprised they allowed him to say that. I was listening for about forty minutes, he must have repeated his view at least four or five times.

Return to Top
#1974791 - 11/06/14 04:24 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
those same politcal ads pay his salary, so if he really wanted to send a message he should quit his job

Return to Top
#1974905 - 11/06/14 08:17 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Good Point

Return to Top
#1974964 - 11/06/14 10:19 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
Truffle,
About the grey matter between the ears. That would be a lofty goal and attainable, if ....if the voters predominantly had the same quality grey matter between their own ears. Sadly today in America that is not true. Fully 50% of the country shops at Walmart in PJs & slippers and are in a hurry because America's Dummest is coming on TV in 10 minutes. We are indeed our own problem.
Now where's that remote! smile

Return to Top
#1974970 - 11/06/14 10:29 PM Re: This is not a political discussion NU Rhules
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Cornhusker
America's Dummest

oh, my! eek

Return to Top
#1974972 - 11/06/14 10:34 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: Cornhusker
Fully 50% of the country shops at Walmart in PJs & slippers and are in a hurry because America's Dummest is coming on TV in 10 minutes.

Sorry, but I gotta call bull on this one. Not about the pjs, that much is true and you probably low-balled it. But, never, ever, not even once, in all my trips to the Walmarts, have I ever encountered any other single person besides myself who was in a hurry. Shoppers, stockers, cashiers, NO ONE! EVER!

Maybe it's because everyone ('cept rj) has DVRs now and can watch America's Dummest anytime they want...

Return to Top
#1974973 - 11/06/14 10:36 PM Re: This is not a political discussion Bobby Boucher
Peepers Offline
10K Club
don't the self check out lanes speed things up?

Return to Top
#1974975 - 11/06/14 10:38 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Self check out lanes? Next thing you know, they'll be wanting you to grow your own vegetables, churn your own butter, and slaughter your own beef.

Return to Top
#1974976 - 11/06/14 10:39 PM Re: This is not a political discussion raitchjay
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I'm not too concerned about the first thing you listed

Return to Top
#1974985 - 11/06/14 11:17 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: Peepers
don't the self check out lanes speed things up?

Not in the Walmarts around here. You have to wait in line behind people in no hurry whatsoever with carts full of [censored] that don't know how to use they self check out so they call over the nice attendant lady and they get to talking and come to find out they have a second cousin in common by marriage. The other lines aren't moving because they're having to wait on the nice attendant lady come help them and find out if they're related too (odds are, they are!). Because there's only one manned check out open unless you want to go all the way down to the other end of the store even though the two items you needed were from this side, and it's usually the express lane for 20 items or less, where all the people miscounted by roughly 50 items. Maybe it's not their fault though, because many (certainly not all) only have 20 fingers and toes, so setting the limit at 20 may not have been the best idea. I mean, know your customer, right? So there I stand, tapping my foot impatiently, getting a lot of "you ain't from 'round here, is ya?" looks.

Perhaps it has less to do with Walmart, and more to do with living down yonder. I suspect it's a dynamically synergistic relationship.

But thanks for asking. Would you believe that I had to run to Walmart today to pick up a furnace filter, the size of which I can't find anywhere else locally, and it took 40 minutes between walking in and out the door?

Return to Top
#1975008 - 11/07/14 12:06 PM Re: This is not a political discussion Bobby Boucher
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher
there's only one manned check out open

That's just dumm

Return to Top
#1975037 - 11/07/14 02:55 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Wal Mart? I try hard to avoid it completely. Two, maybe three times per year, and usually then only on a trip when we fall off the interstate to pick up something we forgot or need.

I don't do self-checkout under any circumstances. Seems that Home Depot is really trying to steer customers to self-checkout. I'm enough of an old geezer that I expect to be waited on when I spend money in an establishment.

Return to Top
#1975046 - 11/07/14 03:04 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I'd rather use self-check out when I can, unless I have a whole bunch of stuff.

Return to Top
#1975066 - 11/07/14 03:24 PM Re: This is not a political discussion HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Me too blade scrapper. The thing that frustrates me is when the stupid self check is constantly chiming for "Wait for attendant" or "Remove unexpected item for bagging area" mad

Return to Top
#1975468 - 11/10/14 03:33 PM Re: This is not a political discussion Bobby Boucher
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher
Would you believe that I had to run to Walmart today to pick up a furnace filter, the size of which I can't find anywhere else locally, and it took 40 minutes between walking in and out the door?

and insted of getting half a dozen so you wouldn't clog the shopping aisles in the future, you bought just 1...thereby guaranteeing return trips of which you can further complain about.

a tip for walmart shoppers...the best time to go to walmart is........NEVER. It is always crowded, never has sufficient lines open, self-checkout is no faster.

On the rare occassion i find myself in this wasteland, i check out in either the auto section or outdoor section.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3