Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1976234 - 11/13/14 08:21 PM Primary Residence Loan with LLC owned collateral
tryin2comply Offline
Scenario: Wife and husband create a LLC. Home purchased(by loan from mother), note and mortgage filed in name of the LLC (with husband and wife as only members). Now wife and husband want to refinance the home loan into their personal names, but keep the deed in the name of the LLC. As the Bank, I'm concerned because collateral isn't tied to the individual. Another concern is if the LLC's operating agreement (which I doubt exists) allows company owned assets to be pledged to secure the loan of the members. Do other banks do this? What kinds of issues have they encountered?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1976334 - 11/14/14 03:45 AM Re: Primary Residence Loan with LLC owned collateral tryin2comply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
All legitimate concerns that you should sit down and discuss with your legal counsel.

Return to Top
#1976352 - 11/14/14 01:56 PM Re: Primary Residence Loan with LLC owned collateral tryin2comply
tryin2comply Offline
Thanks rlcarey!

Return to Top
#1976353 - 11/14/14 02:02 PM Re: Primary Residence Loan with LLC owned collateral tryin2comply
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Ask counsel how to structure the deal. First, it is not unheard of for an LLC to be used to hold property, even a home. Second, the individuals can and should be required to guaranty just as with a trust. Third, does your state require an operating agreement?
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z