Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1976201 - 11/13/14 07:42 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
Weekend Forecast

Fri 80°F - 65°F

Sat 77° - 70°

Sun 80° - 72°

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1976204 - 11/13/14 07:43 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die Little Miss BSA
Peepers Offline
10K Club
oh, shut up

Return to Top
#1976213 - 11/13/14 07:53 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Agreed!!!

(nothing personal LMBSA)

Return to Top
#1976248 - 11/13/14 08:48 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
you forgot the little smiley face my royal rider!

oh, and here is a wink

Return to Top
#1976249 - 11/13/14 08:49 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
It sounds all warm and nice, but from a girl who was raised in NY and Chicago I kinda miss a little cool weather this time of year... I say kinda because when I start hearing the below 0 temps and seeing all the snow that has to be shoveled well that's when all that nostalgia goes out the window LOL...

Return to Top
#1976253 - 11/13/14 08:54 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I am with you little Missy! I left Michigan 5 decades ago, waived goodbye in my rear view mirror..... no regrets!

Return to Top
#1976259 - 11/13/14 09:05 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die Matt_B
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
I always keep stuff in the car for the winter. I've ended up waiting in ditches for hours before, and having it makes a world of difference.

Me, too. And, yes, I have snacks and drinks. Makes a big difference. There 's a whole box of stuff back there...a shovel, huge length of rope, blankets....all of which have come in handy.

Return to Top
#1976261 - 11/13/14 09:06 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die Pale Rider
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I am with you little Missy! I left Michigan 5 decades agoduring the last ice age, waived goodbye in my rear view mirror..... no regrets!

Fixed grin

Return to Top
#1976272 - 11/13/14 09:27 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i, too, am prepared for the harshness of winter...i have the stadium seats for my son's football games (those aluminum bleacher seats at 60 degrees are miserable). one pair of cleats and one pair of turf shoes - never know when a soccer game may break out. a case of water - because i drink water always, including a bottle both on the way to and from work. an umbrella - cause who likes to get wet unless swimming or bathing.

being a man, i'm not concerned with having to contend with driving into a ditch, getting stuck in a traffic jam, driving off the road, etc. These are things that men are inherantly able to avoid, just because of our manliness.

Last edited by HappyGilmore; 11/13/14 09:28 PM.

Return to Top
#1976275 - 11/13/14 09:30 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
i, too, am prepared for the harshness of winter...i have the stadium seats for my son's football games (those aluminum bleacher seats at 60 degrees are miserable). one pair of cleats and one pair of turf shoes - never know when a soccer game may break out. a case of water - because i drink water always, including a bottle both on the way to and from work. an umbrella - cause who likes to get wet unless swimming or bathing.

being a man, i'm not concerned with having to contend with driving into a ditch, getting stuck in a traffic jam, driving off the road, etc. These are things that men are inherantly able to avoid, just because ofof our manlinessMrs. Gilmore's spending has left me with no more money.

Fixed laugh

Last edited by edAudit; 11/13/14 09:31 PM.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976278 - 11/13/14 09:34 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
The arctic front has arrived in my office. It's a balmy 34 outside and my office feels like -34!!! I'm about to take my shred waste box and make a hobo fire!

Return to Top
#1976306 - 11/13/14 10:19 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die Cornfed Turtle
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: Cornfed Turtle
I always keep stuff in the car for the winter. I've ended up waiting in ditches for hours before, and having it makes a world of difference.

Me, too. And, yes, I have snacks and drinks. Makes a big difference. There 's a whole box of stuff back there...a shovel, huge length of rope, blankets....all of which have come in handy.

eek

::backs slowly away from the CF Turtle::

Return to Top
#1976343 - 11/14/14 01:16 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Last night NYC was under a weather alert for the pending snow storm a November rarity. It was such a rarity that when I went to work today I could not find any evidence of any snow.

Keep up the fear mongering weather people.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976359 - 11/14/14 02:23 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die E.E.G.B
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
Now THAT just brightened my morning, E.G.B. One could really read that a couple of different ways.

-1 here this am! It's beautiful!
Last edited by Cornfed Turtle; 11/14/14 02:24 PM.
Return to Top
#1976365 - 11/14/14 02:34 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die E.E.G.B
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: E.G.B.

eek

You're probably OK. Trash bags and a saw are not on the list.

Return to Top
#1976383 - 11/14/14 03:13 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die RR Becca
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Originally Posted By: E.G.B.

eek

You're probably OK. Trash bags and a saw are not on the list.

Well I'm not that prepared. I figure I always have water with me, and I know I won't starve for several days, so bring it on!

Return to Top
#1976391 - 11/14/14 03:26 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die Matt_B
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
I drove right into someone's field in a whiteout once and was very happy for the rope. Just glad I decided to stop driving before I got any farther away from the state hwy.

Set up shop with blankies, tea, granola bars, a good book and flashlight. So comfy that I almost missed my rescue.

Return to Top
#1976831 - 11/17/14 06:35 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Inch of snow fell yesterday. In typical OK fashion, the snow "fell" sideways and drifted. And all schools cancelled classes today. Yay winter!

Return to Top
#1976958 - 11/17/14 09:48 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
We had snow last night (just a dusting though). Snow before Thanksgiving is way wrong. Only two seasons it seems in Oklahoma anymore....summer and winter.

Return to Top
#1976960 - 11/17/14 09:55 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
That's so true RH. Last Monday our high was 80 and yesterday I don't think it got above 25. We're switching directly from A/C to heat. Guess there's no electric bill relief in sight :-/

Return to Top
#1976963 - 11/17/14 10:02 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die CompliantOkie
Peepers Offline
10K Club
oh boo hoo, OK is a tad chilly

DEAL WITH IT!

Return to Top
#1977024 - 11/18/14 02:25 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
-11 Wind Chill this morning. Eh, it wasn't that bad walking the dogs. That's what heavy coats are for.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1977028 - 11/18/14 02:35 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
A balmy 24F in West Central Texas this morning. The wife's "chicki-babies" were up scratching for all they are worth. They sulked in their coop late last week when the cold first hit but it appears they became acclimated.

Return to Top
#1977066 - 11/18/14 03:31 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
3 degrees, -13 WC this morning. Meh. Not much to be done about it but dill. Dog walking at night is a little chilly, but I've got the gear for it.

Last night a guy stopped me and asked if I was sure I should be out walking my dog when it was so cold. As I stopped to explain that it was fine, he was digging in the snow and laid down in it. He got an extra treat for that metaphorical middle finger when we got home laugh

Return to Top
#1977090 - 11/18/14 03:57 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
high of 40 today, not an issue...except for the constant 20 MPH wind wind makes it much worse...

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3