Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#1976220 - 11/13/14 08:04 PM Re: Climate Change? DD Regs
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
No Stupman, it is bogus with an agenda. Just because last september was the hottest in RECORDED history, (The late 1800s) that is proof that the world is getting hotter and it is man's fault. Has NOTHING to do with a Sun that is getting hotter.

TOTAL BS

Every time it snows it's proof that global warming is a farce though.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1976221 - 11/13/14 08:06 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976222 - 11/13/14 08:08 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976226 - 11/13/14 08:11 PM Re: Climate Change? Stupendous Man
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Stupendous Man
livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html

Yeah, since some scientest say it isn't the Sun but man. We are also responsible for Mars, Venus, Plutos temp increases too.

But wait, you can't tax the sun, but you can tax industry for their emmissions.

Return to Top
#1976228 - 11/13/14 08:12 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
let us (science community or just regular bankers)take the economic incentives out of global climate changey and then have a discussion.

Do not tell me that if I pay a tax to a country that has no intention (and of course a fee to the ones screaming the loudest, (carbon credit exchange people)) to produce pollution it will cease global climate changey.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976231 - 11/13/14 08:13 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
And of course, when the Frozen Tundra wasn't frozen, the earth was cooler then too.

Return to Top
#1976268 - 11/13/14 09:22 PM Re: Climate Change? edAudit
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Originally Posted By: edAudit
let us (science community or just regular bankers)take the economic incentives out of global climate changey and then have a discussion.

Do not tell me that if I pay a tax to a country that has no intention (and of course a fee to the ones screaming the loudest, (carbon credit exchange people)) to produce pollution it will cease global climate changey.

This!^^

Wish this forum had a "like" feature. I'd click it for Ed's observations here.

Return to Top
#1976269 - 11/13/14 09:22 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
http://www.edf.org/human-activity-causing-global-warming (love the "how can you help fight climate change - donate. yeah, suckers)

http://gizmodo.com/do-cow-[censored]-actually-contribute-to-global-warming-1562144730 (cow burps contribute more than man-made pollution as methane is 23 more times potent than carbon dioxide)...)

https://w3.moneynews.com/LP/Finance/CTI/Cold-Truth-MN?dkt_nbr=smrrn8fd (is global warming real - no, it is a scam)

http://www.mrfcj.org/?gclid=CLj_wfHA-MECFWNk7Aod3wwAiw (is glbal warming real? oh heck yeah)

for every site you find saying it is valid, you can find one saying it isn't...and vice versa. and what causes it. or doesn't cause it. is it man made. cow made. naturally occurring. because of the sun. blah blah blah...

Return to Top
#1976320 - 11/13/14 11:31 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
^^^^^ This!

Return to Top
#1976381 - 11/14/14 03:11 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Oh, I just love it when science-deniers get together and join hands. Especially on BOL. It provides me with hours of entertainment.

I mean, the majority of American scientific institutions and organizations must be wrong.
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

And just because you founded the Weather Channel doesn't mean you're a qualified expert on all climate-related scientific matters either. wink

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1976387 - 11/14/14 03:18 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Weather of not (no pun) Climate change exists the unilateral actions of one country will not effect the change as this, if it is real or man made is a Global concern.

If the US today figured out a way to stop all emissions and another country exceeded our decease what do you think will happen?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976398 - 11/14/14 03:31 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Who's focusing on only the US? Not me. I realize it's a global issue. I'm not a hippy tree-hugger, I have been guilty of being wasteful and not eco-friendly in the past, but I don't see the big uproar in asking people to do better.

Return to Top
#1976409 - 11/14/14 03:40 PM Re: Climate Change? Aggs
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: Aggs
Oh, I just love it when science-deniers get together and join hands. Especially on BOL. It provides me with hours of entertainment.

Yes, you're right, there is no room for discussion that global warming doesn't exist and those who do not believe that there is evidence that weather patterns are cyclical and not necessarily man-made are "science deniers." Check.

:extremesarcasmsmileyhere:

Please.

Return to Top
#1976413 - 11/14/14 03:44 PM Re: Climate Change? Aggs
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas

I mean, the majority of American scientific institutions and organizations must be wrong.
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Oh no. "Wrong" is the wrong way to describe their stance on climate change. Treacherous liars would describe them. They know better.

Return to Top
#1976417 - 11/14/14 03:56 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: MB Guy

Yes, you're right, there is no room for discussion that global warming doesn't exist and those who do not believe that there is evidence that weather patterns are cyclical and not necessarily man-made are "science deniers." Check.

:extremesarcasmsmileyhere:

Please.

You don't discuss. You get in your little group of like-minded individuals and ridicule anyone who may disagree with you.

And yes, when you disregard years of scientific data, you do qualify as a science-denier.

:Icanrollmyeyestoo:

Return to Top
#1976424 - 11/14/14 04:08 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
“I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political spin on it which for all our sakes might not be too clever in the long run,” Thorne adds.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/...rming-debate/2/

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976427 - 11/14/14 04:10 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I would love to have an open discussion, and I am open minded to other's opinions when founded in sound judgement, common sense and facts, but when someone espouses that there is no other alternative to an issue, it's difficult to have an objective discussion.

I am all for recycling, non-polluting the world and just generally taking care of the planet, but I do not believe that buying "carbon credits" will help the planet, and nor do I believe that China is going to comply with any sort of treaty to curb their pollution output.

When you have 1/2 of the scientists agree with climate change, and 1/2 disagreeing with it, then obviously it needs to be sorted out further before we pour billions into trying to "fix" it.

Return to Top
#1976431 - 11/14/14 04:14 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
Here's a thought...could the reckless printing of paper (we all know where paper comes from, right?) money by the gubbermint be interpreted as a form of pollution?

Return to Top
#1976432 - 11/14/14 04:15 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I do believe that a get together and debate this and came to the conclusion that there is enough info to determine that this global climate changey thing has been manipulated for political/economic reasons and not actual science.

To sum up my (and not "little group of like-minded individuals")thoughts:

Does Climate Change exist? Yes by definition climate changes constantly.

Is is man made? Who knows

Can man fix it? Who knows

Is it a determent to society? Who knows

Is there a economic reason for the manipulation of data? yes

Will selling carbon credits help? Certainly not.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976435 - 11/14/14 04:17 PM Re: Climate Change? Aggs
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
Funny how it suddenly isn't "science" when it is your political agenda being Gored...

Return to Top
#1976441 - 11/14/14 04:28 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Anyone consider that the drastic increase in population might have something to do with the slight uptick in global temps. Data shows that the highest temp changes in the last 100 years or so correlate with densely populated areas.

So all these people saying climate change is man made should look at population control as a solution.

Return to Top
#1976442 - 11/14/14 04:28 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
I don't have a political agenda. Most scientists I either personally know or am familiar with don't have political agendas.

It's been established that we have a global consensus on the effects of humans on the natural tempretature cycles of our planet. I don't understand why it's become the platform of the ultra-conservatives in this country to be the loudest voices of dissent.

Between 1991 and 2012, there have been 13,950 peer-reviewed climate change studies done and articles published. World-wide. Of those, only 24 rejected man-made global warming.

I grew up in a scientific family so I will always choose to follow the science. What's nice about science is that things can be proven to be wrong as we evolve. If the next few years prove, through peer-reviewed scientific evidence, that all of this was a hoax, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. smile

Return to Top
#1976445 - 11/14/14 04:29 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
I would love to have an open discussion, and I am open minded to other's opinions when founded in sound judgement, common sense and facts, but when someone espouses that there is no other alternative to an issue, it's difficult to have an objective discussion.

In science you always keep an open mind, BUT any alternatives have to be supported by the evidence. like the Carl Sagan quote "In science, it often happens that scientists say, "you know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion"

Let me ask you this, here is a very basic explanation of the theory:

http://youtu.be/3v-w8Cyfoq8

Which part do you disagree with?

*since before humans there has been a greenhouse effect on earth caused by naturally occuring gasses that traps heat and makes earth inhabitable.

*since the industrial revolution we have been producing more of these gases than would have otherwise been formed naturally.

*these gases are added to the layer in the atmosphere. More heat is absorbed.

For man-made global warming to not exist, there would have to be a previously undiscovered force that just happened to appear at the exact same time to neutralize the exact same amount of CO2 we release into the atmosphere.

I am all for recycling, non-polluting the world and just generally taking care of the planet, but I do not believe that buying "carbon credits" will help the planet, and nor do I believe that China is going to comply with any sort of treaty to curb their pollution output.

Originally Posted By: edAudit
Weather of not (no pun) Climate change exists the unilateral actions of one country will not effect the change as this, if it is real or man made is a Global concern.

If the US today figured out a way to stop all emissions and another country exceeded our decease what do you think will happen?

Adding in Ed Audits quote: OK, i kind of agree with you. Some of the proposed solutions would do little and not be worth the economic costs. But that's a seperate issue. Just because a suggested solution is not viable doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

When you have 1/2 of the scientists agree with climate change, and 1/2 disagreeing with it, then obviously it needs to be sorted out further before we pour billions into trying to "fix" it.

This is just not true. Look at aggs link from NASA a few comments up. It may seem this way because when it's discussed on certain shows they have 1 for and 1 against, but that's doesn't acurately reflect reality. It's more like 97%. So to be accurate, those debate shows should be 1 denier vs. 32 or so who accept the theory.

Return to Top
#1976446 - 11/14/14 04:32 PM Re: Climate Change? TMatt87
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: TMatt87
Anyone consider that the drastic increase in population might have something to do with the slight uptick in global temps. Data shows that the highest temp changes in the last 100 years or so correlate with densely populated areas.

So all these people saying climate change is man made should look at population control as a solution.

That's been established, overpopulation is a huge problem. Nothing can be done about that. In many 3rd world countries, a man's "wealth" is culturally established to be the amount of children he sired. Therefore the poorest man in his village can be the most respected. Otherwise they have nothing. It's quite fascinating, actually.

Return to Top
#1976448 - 11/14/14 04:38 PM Re: Climate Change? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6